SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get that old son of a bitch outta there before he ruins everything!
quote:
Three days after screaming at her fellow ABC co-hosts to shut up and get behind President Joe Biden because he’s “the candidate” for Democrats, staunchly racist and anti-Semitic co-host Sunny Hostin (the descendant of slave owners) was so disturbed by the special counsel’s report about Biden’s failing mental faculties that she hatched a plot to have Democrats ditch him at the convention and install California Governor Gavin Newsom in his place.

Following two segments of discussion about the report and Biden’s embarrassing press conference about his mental acuity, Hostin announced “there is an off-ramp here” that they “need to think about” going forward: “Once all of the delegates are received, the DNC will be certifying the delegates, right? And the count and Gavin Newsom can be swapped out if Joe Biden decides to step aside.”

I am loving this. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Assuredly the dims will be at least fractured during this election. I hope sleepy joes handlers dig in their heels to the end. It is appearing he is hanging in when some want him gone, and it'll be interesting to see what they'll have to hit him with to get him to drop out.

Isn't a cognitive test the logical next step? Why would they object since they are arguing mean Hur was lying about bad memory?

Hur had to twist himself in knots to find an out to let sleepy joe off the hook, just like shill with comey. This part of the report was the most important and most carefully considered, but this weak excuse was all that could be produced. Yet they complain that the weak reasoning for not prosecuting is mean and not necessary.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
So, trump is skinned alive for something he allegedly did 20 years ago with no evidence. And some pin cushion gets 83 million.

Potato head did something years ago when he was in the senate and vp and we are discussing his CURRENT state of mind?

Uh, no
Back then is when diaper dude broke the law
Not now

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
While denying the memory lapses characteristic of dementia, President Biden had an angry outburst characteristic of dementia.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8665 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hostin announced “there is an off-ramp here” that they “need to think about” going forward: “Once all of the delegates are received, the DNC will be certifying the delegates, right? And the count and Gavin Newsom can be swapped out if Joe Biden decides to step aside.”

The Dems have no "off ramp" here, at least one that gives them a safe landing. They're fucked and they know it. I very much doubt Newsom would take the reins on this shitshow, he would have only a few months to "campaign" and insert himself into the public eye to over take Trump, and he knows it. IMO, he'll wait until 2028 when Trump is no longer a factor and can have time to camapign. And of course Mike Obama will never do this and interrupt her Hollywood life, even though she also has no chance against Trump this late into the game.

Nine months left until the election, and the Dems will have no time to put a bandaid on this clusterfuck. And you can bet that Trump's team have contingency plans for various replacement candidates.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The racist idiot didn’t even pretend to include kamala, just the white Californian failure. Not very diverse.

Posts: 10049 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't a cognitive test the logical next step? Why would they object since they are arguing mean Hur was lying about bad memory?

He just took one in real time, televised for the world to see and he failed it miserably.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
After that press conference, I'm convinced Biden won't go quietly. He'll raise all kinds of hell if they try to force him out, party or election be damned. That old bastard is ornery as fuck.

And, there is one of the biggest problems we have in this country. The greatest generation and the baby boomers refuse to give up their seat of power until they are carried out on a gurney.

Do we have a two-tiered legal system? Yup. No doubt about it. Our government is loaded with career bureaucrats who allow it. Who cover up for Democrats, and do everything they can to stop Republicans. Which includes breaking the law and willfully misinterpreting current laws to their advantage. They will violate any spirit of past traditions if it suits them.

And, they have a base of 65 million voters who know exactly who and what they are voting for. I can say honestly I am glad I'm not 21 and starting out.

Posts: 7659 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
How would one spell the Mexican President’s name according to Biden, would that be Cee Cee, C C, Si’ Si’, or?

We definitely should stop the sweating in the US before worrying about stopping the sweating in Gaza.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Strange the WH unlisted Biden's press conference, according to his fanbase on X he was forceful, strong and even owned Doocy. His error over Mexico v. Egypt was a slip of the tongue and everyone does that.
Apparently the WH feels otherwise.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1515 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So was “the sweating in Gaza”. I’m sure he meant bloodshed. Sure everybody does it, some people more than others. However, everybody is not the President of the United States of America and when your press conference is about being let off the hook from prosecution for being a doddering, old, fool it’s best not to provide any evidence to the contrary.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This really only has two outcomes.

1. Biden is incompetent to stand trial and should be immediately ruled incompetent to be the President.

2. Biden is competent to be President and thus able to stand trial.

I would guarantee you that if you were ruled incompetent to stand trial due to mental and memory deficiencies and went back to work next day as a professional engineer reviewing & putting your stamp on drawings to certify them for construction SOMEONE would raise that as an issue.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38295 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This really only has two outcomes.

1. Biden is incompetent to stand trial and should be immediately ruled incompetent to be the President.

2. Biden is competent to be President and thus able to stand trial.

I would guarantee you that if you were ruled incompetent to stand trial due to mental and memory deficiencies and went back to work next day as a professional engineer reviewing & putting your stamp on drawings to certify them for construction SOMEONE would raise that as an issue.

Exactly.

He's either forgetful and unable to remember major details so we can't realistically prosecute him (Hur) thus he is unfit to be the President and should be removed ASAP

or

He's absolutely fine and fully in command of all his faculties (Biden & WH), in which case he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Trying to have their cake and eat it is not a good strategy for the Democrats.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all above with the dementia and all but the pics of the Delaware home garage, where the Corvette gets parked, and the boxes of classified docs just makes me think that anyone with a 3.5 million dollar house with a trashy garage like that has a dirty ass. What a fucking pig....but he would probably blame that on staff too.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Satire, but...

Babylon Bee: Biden Recounts Time He Parted The Red Sea To Escape Slavery In Mexico

WASHINGTON, D.C. — During a press conference conducted to prove he is still mentally fit to lead the country, President Joe Biden recounted the time he parted the Red Sea to escape slavery in Mexico.

The president spoke to a gathering of reporters to assuage growing fears that he is no longer competent to serve, telling everyone that he is just as fit to lead today as he was the day he led a large multitude through the Red Sea on dry land to leave the oppression of the Mexican king.

"Here's the deal," Biden shouted aggressively. "All this talk about my fitness to serve as president is malarkey. My memory is sharp as a tack, folks. I can remember clear as day how it felt to stand in front of the… stand up there… stand in front… in front of the… the guy… the king of Mexico… and tell him ‘Listen up, Jack. Let all these people go, or so help me, I'll… I'll… anyway…"

Reporters present at the press conference sat in bewildered silence as the president continued his story. "All that stood between us and freedom was the Red Sea, down there at the Mexican border," he said. "I raised my staff, the waters parted, and we went through on dry ground. That's leadership, folks."

At publishing time, Biden adamantly expressed to the media that he was just as fit to lead the United States as George Washington and John Kennedy are today.

Posts: 7690 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Short of Biden resigning or dying, there are only 2 Constitutional ways to remove him from Office. Either the Cabinet and VP invoke Article 4 of 25th Amendment; or it comes down to using Article 2, Section 4.

The country can no longer endure him to remain as President for another 11 months. There is too much at stake and going on in the world now.

Yes, that’ll mean Kackles becomes Acting or fully President. The Dems need to fully own this mess of their own making, and to EMBRACE THE SUCK.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2813 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

Yes, that’ll mean Kackles becomes Acting or fully President.

Making it very awkward for Big Mike to run, works for me.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

The Dems have no "off ramp" here, at least one that gives them a safe landing.

I don't see that at all. By and large, the Dems will vote for whomever it is, Biden or a random person off the street. If they're running against Trump, then even more so. They have no shame, they can't be embarrassed. And the media will provide cover as always.

Assuming elections matter.

Sad as it is, the best thing is if Old Joe stays right where he is, at least then everyone knows the Emperor has no clothes.

Posts: 21409 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post