SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The pagers in question (if they are indeed the Motorolas that I've seen pictures of) are capable of alphanumeric messaging and are one way only. I have the same one for work.

Posts: 20586 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Not Motorola's. Motorola exited that business long ago and sold to a company in Taiwan. Golden something.

What appears to have happened is that Israel or more specifically Mossad set up a shell company many years ago and negotiated a distribution agreement with the OEM in Taiwan. Call this "supply chain injection" or more specifically, controlling the supply chain.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Unconfirmed:

https://x.com/Eli_YAHU_07/status/1839734819560837378

But, this appears to be confirmed:

Zainab Nasrallah, daughter of Hezbollah leader, reportedly killed in Beirut strike

They wanted killing, and killing they got.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

"closes an account"

I love it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13886 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20586 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WSJ headline:

Israel Says It Killed Hezbollah Leader Hassan Nasrallah in Massive Beirut Airstrike

The Israeli’s understand that cutting the head off a snake tends to neutralize the body.

Sadly, not a lesson learned here (excepting President Reagan!); the Ayatollahs released the American hostage moment’s after his election! They did not relish the idea of Tehran being a radioactive glassine pit.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2152 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you think anyone wants to fill these vacancies? Cool

Posts: 8698 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Persian population is waiting with baited breath for sudden mysterious explosions to cut the heads off of the REAL snakes… the insane mullah zealots fostering bloodshed throughout the Middle East in the name of Iran.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15815 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
He's dead, Jim.

quote:
Lebanon's Hezbollah confirms leader Nasrallah killed

By Reuters

September 28, 2024 1:40 PM GMT+2 Updated 27 min ago

DUBAI, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Lebanon's Hezbollah confirmed on Saturday that its leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah was killed.

The group said in a statement it would continue its battle against Israel "in support of Gaza and Palestine, and in defence of Lebanon and its steadfast and honourable people".

Israel said earlier on Saturday it had killed Nasrallah in an airstrike in Beirut's southern suburbs a day earlier.

Hezbollah's Al-Manar TV started airing Koran verses after the announcement of Nasrallah's death.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...h-killed-2024-09-28/

Flexibility of command and "you can't kill an ideology" or not, coming on top of all the recent strikes against all levels of their leadership this will leave Hezbollah reeling, and probably paralyze them as a coherent actor for some time. And Iran still having not responded to the killing of the Hamas chief on their own soil, I'm not really seeing them reacting with more than additional strong words. But let's see.

Posts: 2458 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in Israel...

"Hezbollah"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44483 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm stating the obvious but Mossad is not to be messed with. The second I heard about pagers killing terrorists I thought of the book "Countdown to Zero Day". I read it a few years ago but it tells the story of how Mossad put the virus on a maintenance techs laptop (theory) and when he performed updates on Iran's centrifuges Stuxnet installed itself.

Israel in general has a cutting edge tech industry. My IT department uses a software package called CheckMarx. It scans our source code for security defects. It did find major flaws that have been there for years, just hasn't been exploited. Pretty amazing. CheckMarx was developed in Israel. ( We did install the scanners on a machine that is not connected to any network and manually copy our source code over to it for processing. Israel is tricky Big Grin )

Posts: 7682 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

...The second I heard about pagers killing terrorists I thought of the book "Countdown to Zero Day"...

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. I'm about 1/3 through "Rise and Kill First: The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations." I'm up to about 1982, the weapons have pretty much been car bombs, letter bombs, and small arms.

Thanks again to SigFreund for recommending the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Ki...ations/dp/1400069718

Posts: 16012 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It makes me wonder what Israel could accomplish with our full support.

Trump 2024= Iran 2025 and they know it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13494 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Unconfirmed:

https://x.com/Eli_YAHU_07/status/1839734819560837378

But, this appears to be confirmed:

Zainab Nasrallah, daughter of Hezbollah leader, reportedly killed in Beirut strike

They wanted killing, and killing they got.

The world is now richer with oxygen. Good bye and good riddance to that murderous, terrorist, piece of shit.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4342 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
More than 80 bombs were dropped on the Hezbollah Cocksukka!!!

"You drop 42 tons and what do you get?"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44483 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That image brings a smile to my face and should serve to dissuade rash decisions to fill positions with Hezbollah…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15815 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
So much for underground safety.

I hear job placement agencies in Lebanon are having a difficult time....

Posts: 9286 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post