SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, they do say the point of war is not to die for your country, but to make your enemy die for his. I guess faulty trigger switches work as well for that as a bullet in the head!

Posts: 1221 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the middle of all of the negotiations, Egypt has said they want Israeli troops to depart the Philadelphi Cooridor.

I wonder why?

Numerous tunnels used for arms smuggling have been located under the Gaza-Egypt border.

And now Mahmoud Abbas from the PA wants to visit the Gaza Strip. One problem though, is Hamas hates him, as his last visit to the strip occurred right before Hamas took over.

So many regional/tribal/family egos in play here. The Israeli stance of "We don't need to negotiate with any of them, when they can't even get along amongst themselves" makes complete sense.

Posts: 498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
So many regional/tribal/family egos in play here. The Israeli stance of "We don't need to negotiate with any of them, when they can't even get along amongst themselves" makes complete sense.

Bereshit 16:12
And he shall be a wild ass of a man: his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the face of all his brethren.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Why weren't all of the tunnels imploded?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Why weren't all of the tunnels imploded?

They are destroying them as soon as they are found. I sure wouldn't want to relinquish the territory back to any of them just so they can be rebuilt during the post-war reconstruction phase. Same reason not to give back the Raffah Crossing.

As SigMonkey mentioned with the verse: The deeper analysis of the verse shows it's all tribal/family/bedouin bribes and kickbacks to allow the smuggling.

Even though Ishmael will be the first son born to Abram, he is not the promised child which God has guaranteed. This was not the way God intended to fulfill His vows to Abram. And so, this firstborn boy of Abram will become a wild donkey of a man. He won't be a people person. His hand will be against everyone and everyone will be against him. He will live in hostility to his kinsmen. Eventually, we will learn that Ishmael's descendants become the Arabic people. These cultures have been at odds with the Jewish people for millennia. The descendants of Ishmael soon take on a bedouin lifestyle, on the fringes of society, committed to their personal freedom above the need to be accepted by others.

Posts: 498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11435 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
There are still some good news from this mess.

quote:
Hostage Qaid Farhan al-Qadi, 52, rescued by IDF from tunnel in Gaza

By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 3:26 pm

An Israeli hostage was rescued by IDF troops from a tunnel in the southern Gaza Strip earlier today, the military announces.

The rescued hostage is Qaid Farhan al-Qadi, 52, from a Bedouin community near the southern city of Rahat, who was working as a guard at a packing factory in Kibbutz Magen on October 7. Al-Qadi was abducted by Hamas terrorists from the nearby community of Mivtahim.

Al-Qadi was found inside a tunnel by commandos of the Navy’s elite Shayetet 13 unit. The operation was led by the IDF Southern Command, the Shin Bet security agency, and the IDF’s 162nd Division.

He is said to be in good health.

Hamas released 105 civilians during a weeklong truce in late November, and four hostages were released before that. Eight hostages have been rescued by troops alive, and the bodies of 30 hostages have also been recovered, including three mistakenly killed by the military as they tried to escape their captors.

Hamas is also holding two Israeli civilians who entered the Strip in 2014 and 2015, as well as the bodies of two IDF soldiers who were killed in 2014.

[...]

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...from-tunnel-in-gaza/

Posts: 2452 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
In the middle of all of the negotiations, Egypt has said they want Israeli troops to depart the Philadelphi Corridor.

Fine then Egypt takes on ALL of the Gazan refugees and we'll be glad to turn the corridor into a no mans land.

*** Or ***

Shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up the fastest.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Yea man.

crickets... boom ... crickets.

A new parking lot.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8915 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see, US has a lot of assets on station for nearly a month waiting for this....

https://x.com/sentdefender/sta...851982691410343?s=42

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Israel- “I double dog dare you”.

That ought to do it…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15789 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Israel- “I double dog dare you”.

That ought to do it…

I predict Israel will soon run out of patience and give Iran a serious whooping. That should send a strong message to Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthis, but the Muslim militants are, er...not very smart.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't Biden just tell Iran, "don't"?

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

Iran needs to appear as strong to it's own populace to avoid an uprising. Their grasp on power is perilously weak, the economy is in the shitter and Israel and the US have taken out multiple top leaders showing the Gov cannot even protect it's own.

Telegraphing the attack and then controlling the narrative and media internally within Iran allows their disinformation and propaganda machine to keep them in control.

Posts: 3157 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:

Iran needs to appear as strong to it's own populace to avoid an uprising. Their grasp on power is perilously weak, the economy is in the shitter and Israel and the US have taken out multiple top leaders showing the Gov cannot even protect it's own.

Telegraphing the attack and then controlling the narrative and media internally within Iran allows their disinformation and propaganda machine to keep them in control.

...they've been real considerate in giving us time to reposition a second aircraft carrier Roll Eyes
Everyone's in place now! Go ahead and light'em off!

You are correct in the Iranian regime and the Mad Mullahs have a tenuous hold on their power, the Israeli's seem to be giving them no end of agida.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Corsair: congratulations on 15,000 posts!!
Open a bottle of something local.

Posts: 18350 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Corsair: congratulations on 15,000 posts!!
Open a bottle of something local.

Thanks.
I do have a bottle of Blanton's that needs some air...

Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden can't tell anybody anything. He is no more in control than I am.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
Biden can't tell anybody anything. He is no more in control than I am.

Sadly, I think that’s the point. Last time he told them “Don’t” they went ahead and shot off about 300 missles and drones.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:

Sadly, I think that’s the point. Last time he told them “Don’t” they went ahead and shot off about 300 missiles and drones.

Let's not forget the three USAR soldiers from GA who were killed. He did nothing. Mad

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post