SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 169
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It could get pretty intense in the next week or so but do you think nothing will happen until after the election?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1899 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

In the eyes of our enemies, American leadership is pathetic.

Not just the eyes of our enemies, I might add.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4997 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
There's a Jewish holiday (Tish B'Av) starting August 12. Rumors are that's when Iran will strike Israel.

Link

Posts: 18350 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some of you may be aware of my opinion on Iranian courage and military might and prowess. If so, you know how very little I'm concerned about yet another round of big, empty talk from these fools.

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
There's a Jewish holiday (Tish B'Av) starting August 12. Rumors are that's when Iran will strike Israel.

Link

Yes, because interrupting an important holiday has no chance of pissing Israel off beyond belief.

Perhaps Iran should look back to 6 October 1973 and see how that turned out.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38201 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Iran isn’t gonna do squat
They got their ass handed to them on a platter with a 15lb warhead
Israel ain’t fucking around and they know it

Watch for IDF to spark off Iran's oil refineries soon for the world's best firework show

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Link
Interesting, if Iran plans to strike on that day. There is historical significance. Both Holy Temples in Jerusalem were destroyed on this date (Tish B'Av). The First Temple was burned by the Babylonians in 423 BCE and the Second Temple fell to the Romans in 69 CE.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There is more.

https://ohr.edu/1088

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Some of you may be aware of my opinion on Iranian courage and military might and prowess. If so, you know how very little I'm concerned about yet another round of big, empty talk from these fools.

I hope that's all it is. My oldest daughter is headed to the ME with her carrier group as I type this.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
There is more.

https://ohr.edu/1088

Thank you for this
Yahweh is not sleeping

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American soldiers 'are hit in huge rocket attack on military base in Iraq'

Latest attack happens as US anticipates counterattacks against Israel

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were both briefed on the strikes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...dle-East-crisis.html

A huge rocket attack on Ain al-Assad base in Iraq wounded 'several' American soldiers on Monday, officials said, just a day after Antony Blinken made chilling predictions of an Iranian counterattack on Israel.

The base in the west of the country was targeted by two Soviet-made Katyusha rockets amid soaring tensions in the Middle East - with Iran threatening to strike Israel as early as tonight.

The rocket fire is the latest in a series of attacks targeting the base in western Iraq, which hosts American troops as well as personnel from the US-led coalition against the Islamic State jihadist group.

Israel has been braced for an Iranian assault on five fronts ‘at any moment’ in revenge following the assassination Wednesday of Ismail Haniyeh, the leader of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, in Tehran a day after an Israeli strike in Beirut killed Fuad Shukr, a senior military commander from the Lebanese group Hezbollah.

More at link

Posts: 13064 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the historical information about Tisha B'Av.

Posts: 18350 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious if anyone knows, do we have one or two Carrier groups in the region?

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Curious if anyone knows, do we have one or two Carrier groups in the region?

Currently, one Carrier Strike Group (USS Theodore Roosevelt and support) and one Amphibious Ready Group (USS Wasp and support).

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
USS Theodore Roosevelt CSG is on station in the Red Sea and the USS Abraham Lincoln CSG is on the way to relieve from WESTPAC.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that also the case a few years ago?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19704 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Wasn't that also the case a few years ago?

Al Asad has been attacked a lot because it is currently the largest consolidation of US forces in Iraq.

I took down my post because although fatalities were being reported, it wasn’t confirmed.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I wasn't alive to see the founding of the modern state of Israel, or for the Six Day War. I was alive for, but too young to remember, the Yom Kippur War. I remember the Lebanon skirmishes in the 1980s, but was a kid and didn't really understand the dynamics.

But I read. I read, and I like history, and based on history if I had to devise a single piece of foreign-policy advice for Israel's neighbors, it would be this: Don't fuck with Israel. It never, ever ends well for the aggressor.

Iran knows this. The only hedge against Israeli retaliation for any attack is the current clownshow in our White House, who will dutifully threaten and yell and scowl at Israel on Iran's behalf and maybe discourage Israel from giving Iran a ballistic pounding that'll set Iran back to their 1930s industrial capacity.

Iran knows that their window of opportunity is THIS ADMINISTRATION. They'll attack, Israel will not go completely Sword of Gideon on them, and it'll be propaganda fodder to sustain Iran for the coming 4-8 years. Because under a Trump-Vance foreign policy, Iran will be as quiet as a freakin' hamster.

Biden and Harris make the world substantially less safe, simply by existing.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Is there a website to track blow-by-blow military operations between Israel and its enemies in real time ? I'm not finding this in any big US based media websites (duh). I checked Times of Israel, but couldn't find any hot and live links with current, real time information. Also, the lack doesn't seem like an accident either.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8915 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Is there a website to track blow-by-blow military operations between Israel and its enemies in real time?

I've not found any websites. I'm following several Twitter users including accounts posting in Hebrew in order to receive current, unfiltered, news reports. Otherwise, Times of Israel is about the only other decent option for daily reporting.

Posts: 498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post