SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 171
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The article says it was a ‘precision guided missile’ at 2:00 A.M.. If true, that would rule out a small time operator.

I think many of the Hamas leaders became ‘dead men walking’ after the Oct 7th attacks. So be it.

Posts: 6389 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This is what Israel is up against:
American 'Influencer' Goes to West Bank, Interviews Residents on Support for Hamas, Gets Rude Awakening

https://redstate.com/wardclark...e-awakening-n2177532

https://x.com/zachsagefox/stat...e-awakening-n2177532

39,000 Pals dead, not necessarily innocent civilians.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Israeli intelligence is awesome! These strikes simply tells their enemies that they can get to them no matter where they are. Both of those murderers never knew what hit them. Well done!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1899 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
The article says it was a ‘precision guided missile’ at 2:00 A.M.. If true, that would rule out a small time operator. ...

It was a "Spike" anti-tank missile. Optical/wire guidance.

Fired from an adjacent building.

Haniyeh's body guard gave him up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I do not know how you would know that Sigmonkey. If true Making it known would sign a death warrant to him (if he was not killed) and his family. Someone who helped you accomplish a major successful operation. Does not makes sense.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Report: Haniyeh's bodyguard leaked information to assassins. Spike missile used

"According to Iranian reports, one of the Hamas political bureau chief's bodyguards gave information to his assassins who launched an Israeli-made Spike short-range missile at his bedroom."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/393906

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orlando Sentinel Headline state that an air strike took out political leader per Hamas report.

The anti-tank missile sounds more likely… either that or Iran has the worst air defense capability in the world. Add the
Hezbollah leader and they are singing a duet in Hell for their master.

Either way, a dead cockroach is still dead. Someone should really check on Rashida and the squad. They will likely be taking a mental health day tomorrow. Not to mention the wailing university students across the country mourning the loss
Of their spiritual leaders.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
They might want to be careful dressing up like that, someone might mistake you for Hamas and act accordingly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
(Satire alert)

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This article describes the many options Israel has for, er...taking out the trash.

Claims Swirl Around How Israel Assassinated Hamas Leader In Tehran

Israel has various ways to assassinate high-value targets, even in Iran, including urban warfare drones, long-range missiles, and operatives.

by Thomas Newdick, Tyler Rogoway
Posted on Jul 31, 2024 3:21 PM EDT

Ismail Haniyeh, the political leader of Hamas, was assassinated early on Wednesday morning in Iran, the Palestinian militant group and authorities in Tehran confirmed. Israel is understood to be behind the killing of Haniyeh, the latest in a long line of assassinations of its enemies, and the second in just 24 hours. One big question now is how Hamas — and Iran — will respond, but many details of the killing remain murky, including exactly how Haniyeh was targeted and taken out. We will address some of the glaring possibilities in a moment...

Complete article:

https://www.twz.com/news-featu...mas-leader-in-tehran

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2024/08/01/...hamas-leader-report/

This is swirling around. Talks about a bomb being smuggled into that building two months in advance. Pretty cool if true. Only the Israelis know exactly what happened. The Iranian account of an airstrike struck me as the least possible embarrassing scenario.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Israeli papers and reports are confirming that an explosive was placed inside the Iranian compound that Haniyeh stayed in before, prior to the assassination. The bomb was placed at least 2 months in advance, and was detonated remotely, using AI in the process.

The compound itself was/is an Iranian Republican Guard compound and is heavily fortified.

Message sent: we can get you anywhere and everywhere

Posts: 1657 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Reports are also stating that Iran is getting ready to respond with a heavier missile attack imminently, targeting more populated areas, with more of its longer range and sophisticated munitions.
They will be getting help from Hezbollah, Hamas and other proxies.
Biden let Netanyahu know that the US would not be able to put together a coalition this time with as many US allies to combat the attack or shoot down the barrage like the last time.
Shocking

Posts: 1657 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A message was sent to Hamas leaders.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1604 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:

...Biden let Netanyahu know that the US would not be able to put together a coalition this time with as many US allies to combat the attack ...

Would not be able?? He won't even try! The Dems have to keep the Hamas wing of the party happy, at least until the election.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like we might get to spend more money blowing up that 85 billion in equipment someone left in Iraq

Posts: 1463 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It is going to be pretty intense this coming week.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
It is going to be pretty intense this coming week.

With thousands of jihadists now in this country thanks to Biden (Obama), I'm thinking the troubles aren't going to stay over there. The next few weeks/months could be devastating.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

We've got Potato Salad and Word Salad leading the party.

In the eyes of our enemies, American leadership is pathetic.