SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Manhattan needs redevelopment too. Around 116th and Broadway is an ideal locale.[/QUOTE]

I like the former Mayor of Philadelphia's idea better.

https://billypenn.com/2020/05/...ed-a-bomb-on-itself/

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Manhattan needs redevelopment too. Around 116th and Broadway is an ideal locale.[/QUOTE]

I like the former Mayor of Philadelphia's idea better.

https://billypenn.com/2020/05/...ed-a-bomb-on-itself/[/QUOTE]

What a story! Stan Lee could make a moving MOVE movie out of it.

It was a case study in a conflict resolution course I took eons ago. The entire city response to MOVE was a clusterfuck from the very beginning months earlier.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31980 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5900 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The crickets got tired and went to bed.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
What does this mean? Are you expecting a response from someone?

Posts: 108997 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IDF raids underground facility in Syria.

https://www.twz.com/news-featu...-are-not-untouchable

Posts: 16002 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Iraq veteran was knocked to the ground and put in a choke hold before he shot the Palestinian protestor. Massachusetts has charged the Iraq veteran.
Mad

Shocking moment Iraq veteran shoots pro-Palestine agitator who lunged at him during peaceful Israel protest - then stays to give him first aid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-israel-protest.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news...g-pro-israel-veteran

Posts: 13052 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kept fighting after a single-shot...

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ Yup! Better off to continue shooting and end the threat, lest he live to litigate on into the future. Just sayin'...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9427 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I hope it hurts a lot.

Does Mass not have a right to self defense? This guy launched himself at the man tackled him, and put him in a headlock.

Even if you could argue that the man's life was not in danger or it was some kind of disproportionate force, I say the attacker was obviously crazy and in way better shape than his victim. Even if you ignored all that, the victim had a gun on him, so he had to consider not only if he could survive the attack, but also had to consider that the attacker might get his gun from him and use it against the victim.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the violation of a constitutional right he is being charged with? He didn't allow the maniac time to hurt him? Sounds like trying to dump on extra charges. If someone is that deranged to come after you like that, he gets what he gets.

Posts: 7054 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I hope it hurts a lot.

Does Mass not have a right to self defense? This guy launched himself at the man tackled him, and put him in a headlock.

Even if you could argue that the man's life was not in danger or it was some kind of disproportionate force, I say the attacker was obviously crazy and in way better shape than his victim. Even if you ignored all that, the victim had a gun on him, so he had to consider not only if he could survive the attack, but also had to consider that the attacker might get his gun from him and use it against the victim.

Arm going around your neck can cause a loss of blood to the brain or suffocation. Try that with any law enforcement officer and see what happens to you.

posted Hide Post
For the first time: Israel to add the north to the goals of the war

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to bring for Cabinet approval the addition of the goal of "returning the residents of the north to their homes safely" to the goals of the war.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396155

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will bring for Cabinet approval the addition of the goal of "returning the residents of the north to their homes safely" to the goals of the war, Channel 12 News reported on Friday evening.

A defense official said that it is necessary to prepare for a long war in the north that will exact a heavy price.

According to Friday’s report, the Prime Minister held a limited security consultation on Thursday night with Ministers Ron Dermer and Bezalel Smotrich, as well as with Shas chairman Aryeh Deri, and decided during that meeting to bring this addition to the goals of the war for a vote in the Cabinet.

The report stated that the situation in the north requires attention, and the defense establishment has been asking the political echelon for quite some time to define the issue in terms of the goals of the war.

More at link

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
What does this mean? Are you expecting a response from someone?

I was playing off your original crickets post analogy of Israel's enemies backing down as Israel takes more serious action to defend itself, too see if anyone wanted to add more recent news or analysis of the situation after noticing no-one posted for 3 days, which I thought was unusual given situation over there. So in a sense my answer is yes. I think I see how it was bad form, and will be more careful going forward.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netanyahu: The Houthis should know there is a heavy price for attacking us

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396204

PM reacts to Houthi ballistic missile attack on Israel this morning, vows 'Anyone who attacks us won't escape our strike.'

Israel National NewsDefense/SecurityNetanyahu: The Houthis should know there is a heavy price for attacking us
Netanyahu: The Houthis should know there is a heavy price for attacking us

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the ballistic missile attack launched by the Houthi terrorist organization on central Israel Sunday morning.

At the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting Netanyahu said, "We are in a multi-front campaign against Iran's axis of evil, which is striving for our destruction. This morning, the Houthis launched a surface-to-surface missile from Yemen at our territory. They should know that we exact a high price for any attempt to attack us. Whoever needs a reminder of this, is invited to visit the port of Hodeidah."

"Whoever attacks us will not evade our strike. Hamas is already learning this through our determined action, which will bring about its destruction and the release of all of our hostages," he stated.

Turning to the repeated attacks on northern Israel, Netanyahu said, "I have visited the north. I am attentive to the residents of the north. I speak with them and with the heads of local authorities in the north, I see their distress. I hear their anguish."

He vowed, "The current situation will not continue. This requires a change in the balance of forces on our northern border. We will do whatever is necessary to return our residents securely to their homes. I am committed to this. The Government is committed to this and we will not suffice with less than this."

"We will do this thanks to the heroism of our fighters and the unity among us, as a united people rising up against our enemies in order to ensure our future," Netanyahu said.

The IDF stated following the attack, "At 06:21 this morning (Sunday), a surface-to-surface missile was fired from Yemen toward Israeli territory. An initial inquiry indicates the missile most likely fragmented in mid-air."

"During the incident, several interception attempts were made by the Arrow and Iron Dome Aerial Defense Systems, and their results are under review. Sirens were sounded in accordance with protocol. The entire incident is under review.

"Fallen fragments of the interceptors were identified in open areas and at the Paatei Modi'in Railway Station. A fire erupted in an area adjacent to Kfar Daniel. Israel Fire and Rescue Services are currently operating at the scene to extinguish the fire," the IDF stated.

How did a Houthi missile evade Israeli and American hi-tech radar? - analysis

It is still unclear whether the missile was detected in time and why the Arrow system did not intercept it as planned.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-820142

A Houthi missile seemingly evaded Israel’s advanced detection systems on Sunday morning. Despite advanced systems, it wasn't until the missile was over Israeli airspace that it was finally brought down, raising questions about potential failures in the security systems in place.

The Houthis do not have their own ballistic missile industry. Their entire stock comes from Iran. What is known in Yemen as "Tufan" is essentially the Iranian Ghadir missile, itself a development of the Shahab-3. For 25 years, the Arrow system has been developed and upgraded to be capable of intercepting it.

This missile has a range of about 2,000 km, enough to cover the distance from Yemen to Israel. The missile is transported from its storage site by truck to the launch site, where it is assembled. The missile’s target is predetermined and cannot alter its course or correct it during flight. In contrast to the Shahab, the preparations for its launch, mainly filling the first stage with fuel, take only about 30 minutes instead of several hours.

The missile is launched vertically and follows a ballistic trajectory, meaning it travels in an arc or semi-circle. It flies through the atmosphere with its engine still running, propelling it forward. During flight, the first stage separates, and the second stage re-enters from the atmosphere after exhausting its fuel, continuing to accelerate due to gravity.

Maximum 15 minutes from Yemen to Israel
From northern Yemen, the missile requires only 12-15 minutes to reach central Israel. Its pre-launch weight is estimated at 15-17 tons, but the warhead itself weighs about 650 kg, a significant explosive charge that, combined with its impact speed, can cause severe damage to civilian and also lightly protected military structures.

There are several stages of detection for such a missile, which appear to have malfunctioned this morning. When the missile is erected for launch, it is in an open area and visible to Israeli and American reconnaissance satellites, which are supposed to monitor potential launch sites.

When the missile is launched, the intense heat generated by its engine is detected by the American missile warning satellite network, and the information is supposed to be relayed to the IDF.

Several radar systems are supposed to detect and track the missile when it is already on its trajectory toward Israel.

These include radar from the American and Israeli navy in the Red Sea, the long-range X-band radar produced by Raytheon and located in the Negev, operated by American troops, and finally, the Arrow system radar.

It is still unclear whether the missile was detected in time and why it was not intercepted by the Arrow system as planned.

Houthis claim: 'We fired hypersonic missile at Israel'

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396200

posted Hide Post
The Houthis fired the ballistic missile at Israel Sunday morning a day after Blinken warned against “escalatory action” which would undermine the prospects for peace.

quote:
Blinken and Lammy: We support Israel, but it's important to avoid escalatory action

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396179

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13489 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The Houthis fired the ballistic missile at Israel Sunday morning a day after Blinken warned against “escalatory action” which would undermine the prospects for peace.

quote:
Blinken and Lammy: We support Israel, but it's important to avoid escalatory action

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396179

I believe this missile was sent as a warning to the United States and NATO more than to Israel. It demonstrated that Iran and Russian proxies do indeed have hypersonic capabilities that can strike the 55,000 American service members in the Middle East.

It comes one day after the meeting in Washington between the U.S. and Britain on whether to allow deep strikes inside Russia with NATO missiles.

It may have been programed to explode in the air rather than destroying a ground target in Israel which would lead to massive retaliation by Israel against Yemen.

The timing of this missile can not be overlooked.

So will Blinken and Lammy now escalate the war against Russia with missile strikes deep within Russia? This is the question I would like to ask.