SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Either the Jewish people are G-d's chosen people (it's not about us, it's about Him), or it is all a fiction.

It is a 50/50 bet (either it's true or it's bullshit).

The whole world needs to decide where to push all their chips in and let the spinning wheel ride or take their chips and walk away.

One places their bet, or takes their chips and walks away.

Choose wisely.

Because the wheel is spinning up and the croupier is dropping the ball...

Bet.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44084 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Either the Jewish people are G-d's chosen people (it's not about us, it's about Him), or it is all a fiction.

The whole world needs to decide where to push all their chips in and let the spinning wheel ride or take their chips and walk away.

Choose wisely.

Bet.
I would not bet against G-d or the people of the Covenant in the long run. G-d is playing with house money, and it has not worked out well throughout history for those civilizations who decide to forsake Him.

Posts: 733 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This current path leads inexorably to the collapse of western civilization in favor of the Islamists and Marxists who have joined forces against us."

Now that is a bit much. This is just one more speed bump that has to be overcome. The evil side will never let up, one must always be on guard for what they are going to do next.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4091 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Choose wisely.

Bet.

I have been largely absent for the past weeks as my mother is slowly dying. I just wanted to respond to this post with a declaration that I placed my bet decades ago on God and His covenant people. I have been loyal to that ever since.

Easy to say while it cost me nothing, I know. But things are changing exponentially. My allegiances have begun to cost albeit relatively little. But I have a sense that Israel is being increasingly isolated while under a threat crescendo.

My double down is that though I’m old-ish, if Israel makes an SOS call for her defense, I’ll go and do what I can. My kids are grown. Mrs DF and the cat won’t miss me much. I’ll gladly serve God if called. That’s my bet.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29796 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I think that you can hold a Christian position and a position that Israel has a right to exist/self-defense. We should not work to exclude strident supporters of the Jewish state, who also might be Christians, agnostics, or atheists, etc.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9174 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^To whom and/or what are you responding to? At the very least, Christians would/should believe in ALL fundamental/inalienable rights for ALL; that anyone (individual, country, religion) has the right to the free exercise their beliefs/religion, and the right to live in peace, as well as the obvious right to exist/self-defense. These rights are irrevocable unless their exercise would infringe on the rights of others to the same! It is fundamentally Christian to have such positions. Is there any legitimate question as to whether one could hold a Christian position AND defend Israel's right to exist/self-defense, and if so, by whom? Are WE 'working to exclude strident supporters of the Jewish state, and if so, please define 'we'?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9090 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I believe one can't call themselves "Christian" if they don't fully support Israel and the Jewish people.

The Jews are God's chosen people. I stand behind Israel as an American, but more importantly, as a Christian.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21864 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope they throw the book at this scumbag:

Anti-Israel protester who told ‘Zionists’ to ID themselves on NYC subway arrested, revealed to be research tech Anas Saleh

At least deport him back to whatever Middle Eastern armpit he came from.

Posts: 34121 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The whole world needs to decide where to push all their chips in and let the spinning wheel ride or take their chips and walk away....

You're expecting a lot from humanity. Like A LOT.
You are probably going to come up disappointed, my friend.

Me? I'm with you. As are probably 99.9% of the members here.
But as for a lot of other people, and I'm talking a boat load, probably don't care. Just as long as the protest doesn't get between them and the Starbucks.

Ignorance and Apathy are a huge problem.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8393 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
^^^^
VERY WELL SAID.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1492 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Despite the hoodie and the big D after his name, the right choice was made here to support Isreal.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16342 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I hope they throw the book at this scumbag:

Anti-Israel protester who told ‘Zionists’ to ID themselves on NYC subway arrested, revealed to be research tech Anas Saleh

At least deport him back to whatever Middle Eastern armpit he came from.

From the article:
“It will now be the responsibility of the district attorney to ensure that this antisemite is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ..."

Who's the district attorney, Allen Bragg? Don't expect much.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Despite the hoodie and the big D after his name, the right choice was made here to support Isreal.

And he is catching HELL from the Left on all of this, it's crazy to watch it all unfold. I'm on a Pennsylvania page on Reddit and these Reddit leftists HATE him now, calling him a brain-damaged idiot, a retard, he should be removed, he's turning into a Republican, and on and on and on.

And when I try to point out that THEY elected this guy and WE tried to say that maybe it wasn't a good idea to elect someone with brain damage, that YOU all called us "haters" and "Ableist" for that and we we were told to STFU. Instant downvoting and dog-piling vicious replies from them commences after after that. <SHRUG>

Posts: 34121 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Maybe (probably?) it was on this thread, so apologies if it is a repeat...

Fetterman in a recent interview said that his stroke and recovery, awakened him to his mortality and that he need not worry about what people think of him. He was freed to speak his mind. Idk if he is just playing games for his own benefit with that statement, but he certainly seems to be genuine these days.

Posts: 9574 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still don't trust fetterman. What's his voting record in Congress?

Posts: 1808 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post