SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^I saw that one on Youtube last night. Loved Bullwinkle and Rocky as a kid!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Remember Para's thread, "You will buy a glock" ? Well, I still haven't. For a few moments it bothered me a little, but I haven't given it a second thought sense.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've bought two. The first went as part of a trade toward my first 1911. The second has been replaced by my Staccato and is awaiting me getting around to selling it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
I am so damned tired of pushing snow around. San Juan Mountains near Durango had plenty of snow this season, but I'm worn out. If I had a teen-age grandson to shovel and plow for me.......but I don't.

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Remember Para's thread, "You will buy a glock" ? Well, I still haven't. For a few moments it bothered me a little, but I haven't given it a second thought sense.

I have, but not for me. Graduation gift for my grandson. A while later, he swapped it (after asking me if it was okay) towards an AR.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
After 8 hours and $135, my wife is happy and I’m freezing my nuts off because she sets the thermostat at 72. The A/C is working again and I have a new multimeter that measures capacitance as well as temperature. I’m chalking that in the win column.

Posts: 10952 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I glued an airtag to the back of my iPhone so I wouldn't lose it.

Wink

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on two years of data collected from my family members, 80% of the people I polled eat their corn on the cob utilizing a left to right or right to left bitting pattern while 20% eat their corn on the cob utilizing a circular biting pattern (start in one spot and rotate the ear). The total number of data points were 10…… Big Grin

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
There should be a separate EBT line for subs at Publix during lunch, I got shit to do

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

There should be a separate EBT line for subs at Publix during lunch, I got shit to do
Pre-order your sub with the Publix app, or on the Publix website. It will be ready on the pick-up shelf at the designated time, no waiting on line.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Pre-order your sub with the Publix app, or on the Publix website. It will be ready on the pick-up shelf at the designated time, no waiting on line.

I usually don't have to wait too long, they usually add sammich makers when they see me. I gave some of them $100 bill tips at Christmas time.

Just bitching about the non working slackers making the line longer

I'm very particular about how my sandwich, salad or wrap is made, can the app get specific about different ingredients and amounts of that ingredient?

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm very particular about how my sandwich, salad or wrap is made, can the app get specific about different ingredients and amounts of that ingredient?
Agreed, I too, am kind of picky about my sandwiches. The app / website does give a good bit of control, might or might not be enough, depending on how much you want to fine tune it. Lets you add / delete items and has a limited free text area for special instructions.

Best suggestion I have, is give it a try. No extra cost. If it does the job for you, it's nice to just walk up to the pick-up shelf at the designated time and grab the package with your name on it, zero wait time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm at the Library now, in the quiet zone, listening to the "rug rats" yell and scream while their Mommy is busy on the cellphone.

Otherwise, it's a normal day.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
If I made the rules, fried foods would be healthy and good for you so you could eat them all the time.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I miss my ex, but my aim is improving.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Tears are salt water and sweat is salt water. Sweat in the eyes burns but tears in the eyes don't.

We are in that time of year when I'll have sweat dripping in my eyes regularly.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite pocketknife (a Wenger Swiss Army Knife) has gone missing. Had it roughly 20 years. At least I got to go knife shopping a little today.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sent a slightly nappropriate text message for my girlfriend,… To the manager of the cigar store I go to by mistake.

Yeah, I won’t pay for that for the next month.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's a good place to shop for aftermarket motorcycle parts? I want a heel/toe shifter, but my google fu appears to be weak...

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A couple mornings ago I woke up from a dream I was eating a giant Bismark donut.
I guess at my age, I'm starting to reevaluate what a good dream is in the morning.
Just to make sure, I went out later that day and bought a some twins. They had yellow frosting and blueberry filling. They were wonderful.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post