SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
STOLEN FROM THE INTERWEBS

What Is Prime Rib?
Prime rib is a large cut of beef with seven rib bones attached. When a side of beef is broken down, it's cut into nine pieces; each piece is called a primal cut. Prime rib is one of the nine pieces; chuck and loin are two of the other cuts. Prime rib comes from the 6th through the 12th ribs of the cow (and is not to be confused with Prime cuts of beef, a grade given by the USDA to beef with abundant marbling). For more detailed information on buying prime rib, check out What Cut of Steak Is Prime Rib?.

Standing rib roast is another name for prime rib. The meat is still on the rib bones, which rest on the roasting pan, insulating the meat as it cooks. When cooked, the roast appears to stand on the ribs. To put it in perspective: prime rib is the beef version of rack of lamb.

If you’re comfortable with your carving skills, a standing rib roast is the best choice. Meat roasted on the bone will be more flavorful and juicier. Bear in mind that whenever a roast is cooked on the bone, the meat next to the bones will be the rarest and that there will be a gradation of doneness in each slice of the roast. To make it easier to carve, have the butcher remove the entire roast from the bones and then re-tie it to the bones: you’ll get the benefit of roasting on the bone, but then can cut the strings, take the entire roast off the bone and slice it just like a boneless roast.

Rolled rib roast is the meat of the prime rib that has been taken off the bones and tied to keep it in a consistent cylinder so that it roasts evenly. Rolled rib roasts are very easy to slice.

Rib-eye roast is the center, most tender and flavorful part of the prime rib, cut off the bone. Rib-eye is the most expensive of all the cuts and it’s also the section that is cut into rib-eye steaks.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Mexican Snickerdoodles are awesome.
Chocolate and cayenne pepper go so well together.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m starting Jags defense against Texans. Should I pick up Giants against Colts instead?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I really didn't get much outta this thread. Just sayin...

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I really didn't get much outta this thread. Just sayin...

You mean you didn't get anything out of gems like this?

Things you need to use daily only shit the bed after hours when you can't get anything to fix it...

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I think putting the Christmas lights back into their original box might be harder than getting the genie back into the bottle.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I can’t sleep because of all the owls.

There’s a line I’ve never said before. Last couple weeks there’s been an owl visiting my suburban neighborhood, hooting in the trees near my house in the evenings or late at night. I’ve gone outside a few times with the night vision to find him and watch him. He’s been out there every day for the last handful. Well now it’s after midnight, and there’s not one, not two, but three, possibly even four owls. How is that possible around here, I’ve heard owls a couple times in my life living here, now there’s four of them at once? Crazy.

So they’re not keeping me awake, but I’m staying awake to listen to them.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wanna know a secret? Chipping ice is a lot of work with not a lot of payoff!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunny and 60 today outside in the middle of January, cleaned up a Beretta 92, three cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon on the deck...life is good today. Tomorrow, rain.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunny and 64 outside in early February, cleaned up another Beretta, six pack of Hamm's in the fridge...but learned today that an excellent indoor range I used once or twice a year, and one I'd used now and again for over 30 years are closing or closed. Well, it was a good day for a bit.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I just received my monthly electric bill. It included a line item for current charges.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I just received my monthly electric bill. It included a line item for current charges.

That's shocking.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

That's shocking.

My electric bills go direct to my wife. I pay them on alternating months.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow, I have to call Verizon, Comcast, and DirecTV.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last few weeks I have stayed beachfront on the gulf coast (Orange Beach, AL) and on the Atlantic coast (Buxton, NC). I much prefer the gulf coast.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have seen both the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. "They" say that the Pacific is bigger, but the Atlantic looks just as big.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Taking my kids to school this morning, trying to talk to my daughter whose nose is buried in her phone.

I ask, "What's so important on your phone that you can't talk to me?"

Her reply, "Dad, I'm studying for a quiz."

Whoop, whoop, whoop, Dad alert! Dad alert!

"Well sweet pea, the best time to study for a quiz is not the morning..."

"Dad, the quiz is on Thursday."

And just like that, I got nothing and the kids are cracking up.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of July, 2021, I got annoyed enough to quit the sheriff's office. At that time I was earning $13 an hour as a deputy. They still pay that to the jail staff.

Since then, I've gotten a couple of promotions at the chicken hatchery I'm at. The one I just got has put me at $23.25 an hour, with an extra $1.50 on the weekends.

It looks like my 10 year plan to be debt free will be realized in only about 3.5 years.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post