SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I got a package from FedEx yesterday.

It was actually for me and was the first one they delivered to my address since October.

So now they are 1 for 4. YAY!

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Q: Why doesn't Tony Soprano's crew like Jehovah's Witnesses?

A: The Soprano crew doesn't like any witnesses.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped at McDonald's this morning for coffee and a bite to eat. A rather striking young woman was waiting for her order next to me. The cashier was a young man of about 19-20, and he was absolutely stupefied by the sight of her. I let him stare at her for about a minute before snapping him out of it.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Diesel prices around here are all over the place, my ride in to work you will see $3.99-$4.69

Cooky

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason known only to them, I now have more Cottontail Rabbits then ever before.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It rained most of Sunday morning in Tucson and since we're in the desert, we need the rain.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
History suggests ignoring parabellum when he's made a point or asked a question is no more a winning strategy than trying to bullshit him.

(Apropos to a thread elsewhere on SF.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Most of the winter we didn't have much "winter" at all. Now, here we are, the beginning of March, and we're getting hammered <smh>

I may have to get out there around midnight and do an intermediate clearing. Yay.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
During last night's serious storm here in north Texas, I experienced about 3 hours of no power. My cats and I just sat by waiting. Tornadoes had been prophesied and I didn't have a way to check, so called my best friend up in Denison to have him keep an eye on it for me. (He was working in a weather coordination center, as it happened.) There were tornadoes, but not in my area. Winds of up to 85mph and quarter-sized hail, some places.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Snowing here, predicting 6”-10”

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm five business days from being unemployed.

New job starts March 20!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm five business days from being unemployed.

New job starts March 20!

Enjoy the break and the new job!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Vthoky, enjoy the break and good luck on your new job. The business I worked for for almost 33 years was just sold at the end of the year and I start my new job this Monday. I have appreciated the time off between jobs.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Bought a standby generator this week. It'll be installed in two weeks.

And.....the power went off this morning & I had to drag the portable gen up from the barn.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. Horse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I got a package from FedEx yesterday.

It was actually for me and was the first one they delivered to my address since October.

So now they are 1 for 4. YAY!

Some kids were caught stealing an Amazon package that was delivered to an unoccupied home in our neighborhood. There was a phone and a credit card in the package. Once the kids realized that there was a credit card inside, they ran. The police were called and they came out and spoke with the kids about stealing packages off people's porches.

The side story to this is that the package was not ordered by the person it was addressed to. The homeowner's identity was stolen and the scammers weren't able to grab the package off the porch before the kids got to it.

Posts: 10 | Location: Lewes, Delaware | Registered: February 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thinking lately; Maybe I should buy a Walther.

I have Glocks.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Do I want to spend $300+ / ticket to see a 78 year old Eric Clapton Play the guitar?

Saw him back in the 90’s and it was one of the greatest concerts I ever attended; just don’t see him doing an arena setting anymore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I got my Maryland carry permit on Saturday, immediately applied for my Pennsylvania permit and received an email Monday morning that my PA permit is approved. I'm going to pick it up in a few days.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's sunny here but chilly

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Bye Bye Stokey.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post