SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
In the last 24hrs I've been recognized at work for proformance by three different managers, in three different departments, for three different accomplishments.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21103 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In Denmark, Danish pastry is called "wienerbrød." Who knew?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Went to get Chick-fil-a today.....

They're making so much money they can afford to knock it down and rebuild

Posts: 5528 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Looks like somebody drove through the Drive-Thru!

Posts: 6752 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'll probably rebuild the Chick-fil-A with one of the new designs that has it own's traffic circles and cloverleafs intended to drive older folks nuts...

Posts: 3378 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I had Chick-fil-A today. Spicy deluxe with fries and a Sunjoy. Good meal! Will be enough to power me through a workout tonight.

I don't dine out often but when I do, I want to make sure it's worth it.

Posts: 13286 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
All the kids’ hockey threads are kind of old and it’s not really worth a thread of its own:

One of the little girls my daughter was in preschool with just verbally committed to Princeton. Really a super family and her dad is a hockey fanatic. They started their girls in gymnastics, but switched to hockey after several years. At the time, I would never have guessed it would lead to Princeton.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

They did that here, the traffic and patterns at the old location was bad and had to be reducing total sales potential, even if it was really busy they were losing customers who left or didn't stop.

Bought a commercial building across the road, tore it down and moved, the drive through is double the capacity and it's always full.

Smart move...

From this

to This

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

From this

(pic)

to This

(pic)

That looks much like what CFA did in my town, too, under very similar circumstances.

God bless America.

Posts: 13851 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Ketchup and mustard will always separate, requiring you to shake it up before squirting. Yet, BBQ sauce and Heinz 57 never do. It's a head-scratcher.

Posts: 20546 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
"Rabbi,I'm going to a seaside on vacation,but I've heard that women there can be dressed very immodestly. So rabbi,can an ortodox Jew look at a woman wearing mini skirt and low neckline shirt?"
"Yes he can."
"And a bikini?"
"Yes he can"
"And what about topless?"
"Yes he can."
"So rabbi,are there any things Jew should not look at?"
"There are"
"What would they be?"
"Welding."

Posts: 5900 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malcolm Merriweather’s main mode of transportation was his bike.

Posts: 3327 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about getting a tonneau cover lately.

The Roll & Lock tonneau I liked would have set me back $3,102 with tax (plus shipping).

Today I happened upon one in the junkyard while getting other stuff and it set me back...

twenty six bucks.

Big Grin

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My Pre-Op physical the other day, took 3 nurses with 4 attempts to draw blood. 1st on 2 tries, calls for another "RN nurse", she gives it one try can calls for another (the 3rd) nurse. She walks in, pokes the sticky thing in and boom, done.. Freaking diversity hiring in the hospitals leaves me with no confidence.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Toyota dealerships are assholes. I will never buy another new Toyota again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21103 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm past retirement age, plenty of money, and 3rd week of 60hr per week of intense programming. This is getting less and less fun Frown

Posts: 7660 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are now true empty nesters.

We've watched our grandchildren for thirteen years; today was the last day.
The youngest enters preschool on Monday.

It's going to be different now. We found so much joy being with them every day.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16629 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Savannah GA?

Posts: 4557 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My wife said her sister told her that our nephew’s girlfriend plays soccer for the University of Kansas who will be playing against my son’s school, University of South Florida tonight in Kansas on ESPN+.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Grandson is a 1st year Med student at USF.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post