SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

singing about “bitches and hoes“ with every other word being the N bomb.
Gotta love that Amish folk music.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm not really fond of painting. Just finished doing two rooms.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16650 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I am on the board of my local club. I do the website, edit rules and policy documents, etc

I just consolidated all my club files into one backup file folder.

It is 9.6 gigs of files

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6417 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a guy wearing some boots we need for another store display.

Gave him my number and told him they would be worth $200 whenever he was done with them.

The fun part is that I also need to find a springwound bank vault timer.

I don't think my bank would let theirs go that easily.

Posts: 9439 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I check the obituaries on-line from the local newspaper from the small town where I grew up, to see if there's anybody I know who's died.

I found this one this morning. The name and age sounded like somebody I grew up with. I X-ed out the names, but here's an excerpt from a long obit:

"Xx was a handful growing up, sneaking out of the house, smoking cigarettes, and getting into trouble. While his parents loved him unconditionally, he certainly tested their patience on multiple occasions. Xx would be the first to tell you that he was not the best student, and to his parent's relief, he graduated, without honors, from X X High School in 1965. Shortly after, his love of country led him to enlist in the United States Navy. He took pride in his service working onboard submarines and aircraft carriers during the Vietnam War. While the war forever changed him, it did not deter him from living a fulfilling and meaningful life. In 1972, he married his love, X X, and had two sons, X, in 1972 and X, in 1975. Much to the dismay of XX, Xx taught his boys the essential things in life, like burping and farting at inappropriate times, and that chocolate cake is the perfect breakfast food."

Yep! That sure sounds familiar!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think Ross Chastain set a new lap record at Martinsville (18.845 seconds).

Posts: 9439 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Cuervo margarita mix makes a decent drink, especially if you use a little more tequila than they specify.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16650 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
An accursed Assassin Bug sucked the life out of a Giant Swallowtail caterpiller last week. Later in the week a Green Lynx spider caught a Gulf Fritillary caterpiller. I considered killing the predators but decided against it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m parked in the short term parking lot for vehicles 7’ or taller at Miami International Airport. The parking lot is full and only five of us have vehicles 7’ or taller.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The oil filter for my wife’s twin turbo, 400hp, 415lb-ft, 3.0 V6 is really small:

That’s an S1 for comparison, but the filter looks bigger in the picture than it really is. The engine takes 6 quarts.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, at my part time job, I made 500 rounds of 5.56 and 400 rounds of 9mm. Today, I made a few pounds of venison jerky. Not a bad weekend.

Posts: 368 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The more “outraged” you appear… The more I doubt your sincerity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12409 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The oil filter for my wife’s twin turbo, 400hp, 415lb-ft, 3.0 V6 is really small:

That’s an S1 for comparison, but the filter looks bigger in the picture than it really is. The engine takes 6 quarts.

How do we know that knife isn't just really, really big?

Posts: 10213 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
How do we know that knife isn't just really, really big?

posted Hide Post
I love it when the balsam and cedar Yankee Candle fragrance overcomes the smell of CLP in the living room. Smile

Posts: 3428 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GF wanted to buy a Christmas tree. I told her the Cat would destroy it, so she set up a Nativity display, instead.

With in minutes, the Cat destroyed it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Went to the butcher today to reserve my bone in Prime Rib

" I'll take a three rib "

While paying the deposit it occurred to me to ask how much a pound on my 8=10 lb hunk of meat that I will pick up Friday

$34.99

Eek

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
49th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, Dec 21. Can't believe she has put up with me this long.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7309 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Went to the butcher today to reserve my bone in Prime Rib

" I'll take a three rib "

While paying the deposit it occurred to me to ask how much a pound on my 8=10 lb hunk of meat that I will pick up Friday

$34.99

Eek

Besides $29 per pound, what’s the difference between prime rib and a standing rib roast?