SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 629
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
CA AG Beccera is Biden's choice to lock down the country, take away all our choices for private insurance, and make abortions available on every street corner

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...erra-abortion-senate

We've got to derail this train wreck in the making

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
CA AG Beccera is Biden's choice to lock down the country, take away all our choices for private insurance, and make abortions available on every street corner . . .

With the cost covered by the taxpayer. Of course, the politicians/bureaucrats/cronies will get paid first and foremost, the masses get the leftovers.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Senate Report on Biden Family Corruption. Dirty Shit.

Conclusion-
quote:
The records acquired by the Committees also show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Devon Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma, and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the then-mayor of Moscow. Moreover, Archer’s apparent receipt of money for a car from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan while Vice President Biden was in Kyiv is especially concerning in light of the timing. And finally, Biden and Archer’s work with Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime illustrate the deep financial connections that accelerated while Joe Biden was vice president and continued after he left office.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/i...nce_Report_FINAL.pdf

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nikolay Zlochevskyi was (is ?) president of Burisma Group

2 November 2015:

22 November 2015:

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Imagine that. Roll Eyes

Hunter Biden under federal investigation for possible tax fraud

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/...-possible-tax-fraud/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of the day, there are only two conclusions to the Biden Corruption Sagas:

1) Nothing happens to Hunter or China Joe

2) Hunter takes the fall and China Joe walks clean

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
After pausing in the months before the election, federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, a person with knowledge of the probe said. His father, President-elect Joe Biden, is not implicated.

Activity in the investigation had been largely dormant in recent months due to Justice Department guidelines prohibiting overt actions that could affect an election, the person said.

Investigators have been examining multiple financial issues, including whether Hunter Biden and his associates violated tax and money laundering laws in business dealings in foreign countries, principally China , according to two people briefed on the probe.

Some of those transactions involved people who the FBI believe sparked counterintelligence concerns, a common issue when dealing with Chinese business, according to another source.

The investigation began as early as 2018, predating the arrival of William Barr as US attorney general, two people briefed on the investigation said. The existence of the probe will present an immediate test of Biden's promise to maintain the independence of the Justice Department.

Sinclair Broadcast Group reported in October that the FBI had opened a criminal investigation into Hunter Biden. CNN has learned new details about the scope of the probe, including that it is focused on China.

After his father left office in 2017, Hunter Biden worked on securing a deal with CEFC China Energy to invest in US energy projects, according to documents released by Republicans.

At least one of the matters investigators have examined is a 2017 gift of a 2.8-carat diamond that Hunter Biden received from CEFC's founder and former chairman Ye Jianming after a Miami business meeting, one person briefed on the matter said. In 2019, Biden provided the New Yorker magazine an account of receiving the diamond from Ye. He told the New Yorker that he felt uncomfortable receiving the diamond and gave it to other associates, and that he doesn't know what they did with it. "I knew it wasn't a good idea to take it. I just felt like it was weird," he said in his New Yorker interview.

Hunter Biden later briefly acted as a lawyer to represent Patrick Ho, who ran an organization backed by CEFC, and who was convicted in 2018 of paying millions of dollars in bribes to officials in Chad and Uganda to benefit CEFC energy projects in those countries. Ho was sentenced to a three-year federal prison term. He has since been released and is back in Hong Kong, his attorney said.

Hunter Biden had been involved in an earlier Chinese business venture that drew concerns in the Obama White House and Joe Biden's staff, according to the New Yorker. In 2013, Hunter Biden became involved with US and Chinese partners who were creating an investment fund called BHR Partners for deals outside China. Hunter Biden was an unpaid member of the BHR board and took an equity stake after his father left office, the New Yorker reported.

but this is CNN, so:

Republicans in Congress are almost certain to seize on the existence of the probe to further their argument that Hunter Biden's activities in China are a sign of his father's conflict of interest when it comes to dealing with foreign policy with Beijing.

It's also likely going to be an issue that Biden's attorney general nominee will have to face during a Senate confirmation hearing.

Trump faced a similar, but much thornier, problem after taking office in 2017 when his then-attorney general, Jeff Sessions, quickly had to recuse himself from overseeing the federal investigation of the Trump campaign and possible links to Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Sessions was part of the President's election campaign and he held meetings with the then-Russian ambassador, which became part of the FBI's investigation.
Biden's likely attorney general candidates aren't known to have such entanglements.

Sessions did nothing wrong. He panicked

"but much thornier" what a joke

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
The son of the incoming president will now being investigated by his own Justice Department and many in the media seem to still be struggling with the journalistic version of the denial stage in the Kübler–Ross stages of grieving.

Jonathan Turley

https://jonathanturley.org/202...minal-investigation/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A potential pardon, then resignation (should obiden be elected)? He'll get expert legal advice from harris no doubt.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
For Meth Hunter to say he's just now finding out about this investigation, I find that fairly believable.

He's likely been in a hooker induced drug-fueled haze since his speech at the DNC back in August.

quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
The son of the incoming president will now being investigated by his own Justice Department and many in the media seem to still be struggling with the journalistic version of the denial stage in the Kübler–Ross stages of grieving.

Jonathan Turley

https://jonathanturley.org/202...minal-investigation/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't understand this interest from the msm to start reporting on Hunter Bidens China problems and now apparently Joe's brother Jim is also being looked at. If this continues to be pursued there is no way this does not touch Joe. Is this how the power brokers are electing to remove Joe? Seems there would be much less messy ways of accomplishing that. I'm sure he's willing to step down with some disease anytime they ask.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I don't understand this interest from the msm to start reporting on Hunter Bidens China problems and now apparently Joe's brother Jim is also being looked at. If this continues to be pursued there is no way this does not touch Joe. Is this how the power brokers are electing to remove Joe? Seems there would be much less messy ways of accomplishing that. I'm sure he's willing to step down with some disease anytime they ask.

My thoughts too. Maybe they want Harris in but she wouldn't have been elected without MUCH more vote cheating than has already occurred to (maybe) get Biden in. Maybe they're just covering all the bases and one way or another Biden would step down and Harris step in. Maybe that's been the plan all along.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Harris was the one all along. A president can only serve for 10 years. Give ol' Joe about 2 years (if he even becomes president) before he's removed. That will allow her to take the presidency for 2 years of his term, run for re-election for 4 years and run for re-election for another 4 years for a total of 10 years.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if whites are so racist, it would be statistically impossible for her to win even if 100% of blacks voted for her because the black population in the country is only about 13%

Posts: 13119 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I've been guilty of optimism before, but maybe Hobbs has struck on something more than he thought. If the MSM is reporting on Meathead Jr., maybe they're hedging their bets in terms of being able to explain how Biden and Harris lost in the election cases in (or headed to?) the Supreme Court. The two cases are obviously unconnected and, so far, seem unlikely to be connected. Having said that, the squids of the MSM (no offense meant to the outstanding sailors of the US Navy) are gonna need to be able to jet out A LOT of ink in order to retreat from the positions they've taken.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the MSM is reporting on Meathead Jr., maybe they're hedging their bets in terms of being able to explain how Biden and Harris lost in the election cases in or headed to the Supreme Court.

Naaa....
They think they have the election in the bag. The left is at war with itself. Most of them want Kamala. Biden was just the name they put on the ballot.

Circling Vultures: The far left is at war with Biden and it's getting out into the open

Suddenly the mainstream media, Biden's handmaiden up until now, along with their social media coevals, are not ignoring Hunter Biden. Some headlines from the leftiest of them:

Federal criminal investigation into Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings in China -CNN

Hunter Biden, president-elect's son, says federal prosecutors probing his taxes -NBC

Hunter Biden Discloses He Is Focus of Federal Tax Inquiry -New York Times

The rest of them have headlines quite similar.

Sure, Hunter Biden is news, he's been news for awhile. But what's maybe even bigger news is that the leftist press is finally covering it. From Joel Pollak's Twitter site:

Joel Pollak @joelpollak

The odds that @KamalaHarris
takes the oath of office on January 20 just went up. You can’t have a president whose son faces a grand jury for selling access to his father. Taxes are the tip of the iceberg. Media may try to bury their complicity in censorship by moving on to Kamala.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...n.html#ixzz6gFJXGymF

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Harris was the one all along. A president can only serve for 10 years. Give ol' Joe about 2 years (if he even becomes president) before he's removed. That will allow her to take the presidency for 2 years of his term, run for re-election for 4 years and run for re-election for another 4 years for a total of 10 years.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if whites are so racist, it would be statistically impossible for her to win even if 100% of blacks voted for her because the black population in the country is only about 13%

Everyone with more than two functioning braincells knows Sleepy wouldn't be in office for long...his 'gaffes' are already becoming VERY apparent.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
They think they have the election in the bag

That's what they say, but that ain't how they're acting. In fact, there's more than a few indications that they're getting dragged into all these stories against their will at the same time that they're getting dragged into all these stories about Trump fighting back against their (the press') will.

It simply makes no sense to strike at Biden until the strike can and will kill him, and will do so without opening the door for Trump in any way. As far as the libs are concerned, Biden's still in a position to dole out favors and allocate power. Biden's also in a position to bitterly resent any attacks on his son. Since Kamala isn't going anywhere, there's plenty of time to win the Presidency and then pick over the bones when the election's finally officially fully over. IOW, the path of wisdom is to fight one war at a time if you can.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hondurans certainly seem to think Biden won. They aren’t wasting any time

Migrant Caravan Sets off to U.S. From Honduras

https://www.usnews.com/news/wo...risking-new-tensions

Posts: 774 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Again. We are all aware Joe is just the vehicle used to get into the White House Kamala was always the one going to take over it's just a matter of when. But why take Joe out using his sons financial ties and wrongdoing with China.

It makes no sense the DNC would want to shine a light on any wrongdoing by any Democrat with China. Joe knows what the game is here he probably can't wait until they ask him to step aside for health reasons so he just go back to his basement. Somethings not adding up.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post