SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I doubt he was the norm. Besides there is the GI bill with restrictions.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My son, a recent Doctor, paid off student debt by refi on his house. Now the debt is mortgage....

Not happy

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last I looked medical student debt was about 241 grand. Almost a given that he will be an employee rather than a private practice physician. Neurology residents are getting high salaries for the moment, but that will change. Concierge practices will flourish in high dollar areas.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
My son, a recent Doctor, paid off student debt by refi on his house. Now the debt is mortgage....

Not happy

It screws those that do the right thing and take care of their depts. Dead beats and those gaming the system get rewarded. There's something wrong with this picture and I hope fair minded people keep that in mind when the go to the polls.

My son paid off all of his substantial loan encountered going to UNT (University of North Texas). He struggled early on, but kept his nose to the grind stone. He was very pleased when he ultimately paid it off. Understandable he's quite pissed with this Biden attempt to buy votes. What a fucking ass hole.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Student Loan Forgivenesses Explained, in 12 seconds by Peter Doocy and Secretary of Education, Dr. Miguel Angel Cardona

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

How many of these people drive nice, newer cars that they magically can afford?

And spend a couple hundred a month on foo-foo coffees. And, of course, they have $2500 laptops and $1000 cell phones because, well, they need to be able to check their facebook and instagram accounts frequently to see if anyone has commented on the pics they posted of their vacation trip.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Horrific Biden Consequence, 20 Million American Households Behind on Electricity Bills, Pending Shutoff

Long-term CTH readers might remember in 2014 when President Obama claimed U.S. families had been paying too little for electricity for too long. As soon as Joe Biden took office, he began implementing the Green New Deal energy policy that, (a) directly forces higher costs for energy; and (b) is now creating massive problems.

In July I noted my own electricity bill had jumped 28% in a single month. That bill was followed by another almost identical increase this month. A review of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for July [Data Here] shows that nationally the same thing is happening. The year-over-year electricity price has increased 15.2%. However, worse still, the July increase alone was 1.9%, which figures to an annualized rate of 22.8%.

When the growth rate of monthly increase is exceeding the year-over-year result, that means future higher prices are coming. This is a serious problem that cannot be overstated. Already struggling with a doubling of gas prices, massive food price increases at the grocery store and the pain of all costs for goods far outpacing any rate of wage increase, this type of uncontrollable increase in price of electricity is going to hit the middle class hard.

Steve Cortes calls this the backside of the Biden created inflation hurricane. The backside of a hurricane is the worst because it hits from the opposite direction upon already weakened infrastructure.

The hurricane metaphor is apt because any increase in energy costs will be accompanied by the simultaneous arrival of another wave of food inflation, as the massive increases in field and crop prices start to feed into the food supply chain headed to our forks next month.

Making matters that much worse, Bloomberg is now reporting that 20 million households are now behind in their utility bills, specifically electricity bills, and the moratorium on shut offs has ended. [Paywall Article] Steve Cortes has written about the issue on his substack [Here].

One in six U.S. households, that is tens-of-millions of Americans, are now facing having their electricity turned off due to lack of payment. It is certainly understandable how this horrific outcome would happen. Joe Biden’s energy policies are destroying working class families with unsustainably higher prices.

20 million households is a catastrophic level of utility default. This is a serious issue with major social implications created by the desperation of those families. Middle- and lower-income families cannot survive this level of financial pressure.

Rents are behind. Mortgages are behind. Car payments are behind. And now this report on utility bills.

Steve Cortes appeared with Steve Bannon to discuss – WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehou...shutoff/#more-236896

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So look how the fast the Feds can prosecute when they want to: While still sitting on Hunter Biden's laptop.

Two Plead Guilty To Stealing Ashley Biden's 'Inappropriate Showers With Dad' Diary

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...te-showers-dad-diary

Two Florida residents have pleaded guilty to stealing Ashley Biden's diary and other belongings, before selling them to Project Veritas in the weeks leading up to the 2020 US election.

Aimee Harris, 40, and Robert Kurlander, 58, admitted they took part in a conspiracy to transport stolen materials from Florida, where Ashley Biden had been living, to New York, according to the New York Times.

"Harris and Kurlander stole personal property from an immediate family member of a candidate for national political office," said Damian Williams, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York.

And while Project Veritas declined to publish the diary (and were still raided by the Biden DOJ), the National File did publish excerpts on Oct. 24, 2020 - and the full diary two days later. While treated as potentially fake at the time, we now know that the contents are legit - including claims that Joe took 'probably inappropriate' showers with Ashley, and that she believes she was sexually molested as a child.

Entries in the diary include the author revealing she believes she was sexually molested as a child and shared “probably not appropriate” showers with her father, some that detail the author’s struggle with drug abuse and the author’s crumbling marriage with multiple affairs, along with entries showing the family’s fears of a potential scandal due to her brother’s new home, and those that show a deep resentment for her father due to his money, control, and emotional manipulation. -National File

More at link

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Ashley Biden left her diary behind, at a place she was staying, and these 2 "found" it there?

Serious theft case there... Roll Eyes

The only reason this is a federal case is, FJB, and the fact they transported it across state lines to "sell" it to Project Veritas, no?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WH press secretary explains how the 300 billion will be paid for

video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1562854919689801729

Karine Jean Pierre struggled to explain how President Joe Biden plans to pay for the reallocation of $300 billion in student debt from degree holders to the working class.

hope that clears it up

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.powerlineblog.com/.../08/two-americas.php

There really are two Americas, one America consists of those who can cope, while the other America consists of wine moms, 25-year-olds who can’t tell what sex they are, and people who can’t manage personal finances.

Babylon Bee Headline: “Hard-Working Plumber Looking Forward To Paying For His Neighbor’s Gender Studies Degree.”

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see what happens to inflation when we give these rich people money. New car that they weren't originally planning on? Larger house maybe? Giving away half a trillion dollars is like pouring jet fuel on a fire.

Why do I, my mailman, my mechanic, or my landscaper have pay for some asshole who makes more than us education? Why are we giving handouts to the most wealthy group of Americans out there? Maybe my mechanic decided to turn wrenches because he didn't want to take on student loan debt, now he's forced to take on someone else's student loan. Complete horse shit.

They've already had 2.5 years of debt relief. The smart ones already paid off big chunks of their debt during the student loan payment halts. Scratch that, the smart ones went on vacation instead of paying down debt.

So I guess it's time for me to enroll in community college and take out the largest loan I can qualify for.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal Court Strikes Down Biden Administration’s Transgender Medical Mandate

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...FPW12SLcFdDn3OM3Z0Qw

A federal appeals court on Friday struck down a Biden administration statute that forced doctors to perform medical procedures, including gender-transition procedures, against their religious beliefs.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit unanimously upheld a lower court’s ruling in Franciscan Alliance v. Becerra which protected around 19,000 health care professionals in Franciscan Alliance, a Catholic health care network, from performing medical procedures against their conscience.

The lower court’s ruling had permanently prohibited the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service (HHS) “from requiring Franciscan Alliance to perform gender-transition surgeries or abortions in violation of its sincerely held religious beliefs.”

Becket, the legal counsel representing Franciscan Alliance, said the court explained that permanent protection from the statute was appropriate for health care workers.

“This ruling is a major victory for conscience rights and compassionate medical care in America,” said Joseph Davis, counsel at Becket, in a statement. “Doctors cannot do their jobs and comply with the Hippocratic Oath if the government requires them to perform harmful, irreversible procedures against their conscience and medical expertise.”

The court noted that the Biden administration argued for more chances to show why it needed religious health care providers to participate in gender-transition surgeries, but that the ACLU, a co-appellant, cited a previous case that worked against their argument, according to court documents (pdf).

“For years, our clients have provided excellent medical care to all patients who need it,” Davis said. “Today’s ruling ensures that these doctors and hospitals may continue to do this critical work in accordance with their conscience and professional medical judgment.”

Mandate
The mandate was first issued six years ago as part of the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare. Becket noted that this applied to “virtually every doctor nationwide.”

Section 1557 of Obamacare prohibits health care programs that receive federal funds from discriminating against patients on the basis of sex.

In May 2016, HHS issued a rule interpreting Section 1557’s prohibition of “discrimination on the basis of sex.” It defined sex discrimination to include discrimination on the basis of “termination of pregnancy” and the disputed concept of “gender identity.”

Franciscan Alliance claimed the 2016 rule violated the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) by defining “sex discrimination” inconsistently with Title IX, which protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance.

This rule was swiftly challenged by nine states and a group of religious organizations and received protection from federal courts in North Dakota and in Texas.

Franciscan Alliance also claimed that the 2016 rule violated the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) by forcing it to perform abortions and gender-reassignment surgeries inconsistent with its sincerely held religious beliefs.

Becket says on its website that the Biden administration and the ACLU were “dissatisfied with not being able to force religious health care providers to violate their faith” and appealed the decision back to the Fifth Circuit.

The Biden administration has been accused of weaponizing Title IX to push “woke insanity” on Americans.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Nancy Pelosi settled this ‘21: https://www.nationalreview.com...orgive-student-debt/

He does lack the authority. Unfortunately it will probably have to go to SCOTUS before it gets stopped though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Flash, business as usual! Damnit!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Nancy Pelosi settled this ‘21: https://www.nationalreview.com...orgive-student-debt/

He does lack the authority. Unfortunately it will probably have to go to SCOTUS before it gets stopped though.

But even if this is overturned, think of how many votes his handlers bought for the Demrats with this. And the Republican congress critters who are up for re-election for the midterms aren't about to vote to take away any free stuff from potential voters.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I guess it's time for me to enroll in community college and take out the largest loan I can qualify for.
So, don't you get it? You don't have to "qualify" for a Govt-secured eduloan. Now you know you'll never have to pay it back! Free money! All you want! Keep the Dems in power to keep it coming forever! It is so simple, you almost don't need an education to understand it.

I remember a time, long long ago, when this sort of shenanigan was called vote buying.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suppose someone wants to buy a home that costs $300K. Could they sign up for community college, get a student loan for $300K, and use that to buy the home? Would that make more sense in some instances than a mortgage?

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Suppose someone wants to buy a home that costs $300K. Could they sign up for community college, get a student loan for $300K, and use that to buy the home? Would that make more sense in some instances than a mortgage?

Sort of. Get the $300k. Buy a $240k house, buy a Tesla and get $7500 tax credit on the Tesla.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post