SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
That's hilarious! Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ And shows the power of following through! Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why Does the Biden Falling on the Stairs Story Matter? Let’s Ask Chris Cillizza

https://theconservativedispatc...-ask-chris-cillizza/

As the video of Joe Biden slipping, tumbling, and falling on the stairs walking up to Air Force One spread on social media, I quickly noticed a number of comments in my feed from people on the left scoffing at the attention it was getting and writing it off as a trivial event we should be forgetting about and moving on from. The White House quickly started making excuses for Biden’s fall, saying that it was because of strong winds.

It’s obvious from the video wind was the not issue.

Yet, the left wants to convince us this story is much ado about nothing. Chances are, for most people, and most presidents, it would be.

Here’s the thing: It is a story. For a lot of reasons.

Just ask CNN’s Chris Cillizza, who wrote a piece titled “Why the Donald Trump-West Point ramp story actually matters” regarding the viral video of President Trump carefully descending a ramp following his June 2020 commencement speech at West Point. The ramp had no railing, and after repeated viewings of the video, I still don’t understand why anyone made a big deal out of it.

According to Cillizza, Trump’s age, and alleged questions about his health made the incident a story.

So, where is Cillizza on the Biden falling on the stairs story? At the time of this writing, he’s not said a word. But if Cillizza were to treat Biden the same way he treated Trump, he would note that at 78, Joe Biden took office as the oldest man to occupy the White House. He would cite the fact that Biden has had brain surgery twice following a brain aneurysm and make references to the plethora of evidence that Biden has been suffering from cognitive decline. Cillizza would be remiss to not point out that the day prior to this infamous fall heard ’round the world, Biden called Kamala Harris “President Harris,” and in recent weeks, he’s forgotten the names of his own defense secretary, and other colleagues in government.

As for questions about Joe Biden’s health, I’d fully expect Cillizza, if he treated Biden the same way as Trump, to point out that last year Joe Biden refused to take the same cognitive test President Donald Trump had “aced” a month prior.

As PJMedia’s Stephen Green noted at the time, his explanation showed exactly why he should have taken one. “No, I haven’t taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test?” Biden said in response to a question from Erroll Barnett of CBS News. “C’mon, man!” he said after a long pause. “That’s like saying you, before you got in this program if you take a test where you’re taking cocaine or not, what do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?” It got worse from there.

Back when Trump’s ramp descent was the talk of the media, Cillizza even blamed Trump for making Biden’s mental health an issue as his inconsequential ramp descent was being made into a big story. “This is a what’s-good-for-the-goose-is-good-for-the-gander situation,” wrote Cillizza. “If Trump can openly question the physical and mental fitness of his Democratic opponents, then when there is a moment where he looks frail, it is absolutely fair game to ask questions about his own well-being — particularly given his age and how little we know about his medical past.”

You got that? It was Trump’s fault it was a story! So, has Joe Biden not invited scrutiny for his fall since even he mocked Trump’s innocuous ramp descent? “Look at how he steps and look at how I step. Watch how I run up ramps and he stumbles down ramps. Okay? Come on.”

President Trump carefully descended a ramp without assistance. Every time I watch it I’m still baffled why anyone made a big deal about it. Joe Biden fell three times trying to go up a flight of stairs. Advantage: Trump.

Conservative media has been raising questions about Biden’s mental health for over a year now, as we’ve been repeatedly convinced that Joe Biden isn’t healthy enough to handle the presidency. But the media played defense for Biden then, and they’re still doing it now:

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouc...sk-chris-cillizza%2F

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

WTF - they really blamed the wind??

It would've been more plausible if they accused the orange man of having some trip-steps installed before departing office.

This is normal for him & his caregivers & the press know it. No big deal!

His competence won't come into question until after what they consider an appropriate period of time. Replacing him after only two months as Resident, because he has Alzheimers would look bad.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Perhaps. But if the incident is big enough it could happen. Just let him go off script or have him fall down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^
Perhaps. But if the incident is big enough it could happen. Just let him go off script or have him fall down a flight of stairs.

If this is happening right in front of us, can you just imagine what's going behind the walls of the WH that we don't know about.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The demented bastard sleeps most of the time. When Ex-vice president Biden was in Delaware County, Pennsylvania last week, my ship was discharging cargo at one of the area refineries. The tank gauger who came onboard to gauge our tanks knew some of the security personnel on Biden's detail. After his little short incomprehensible speech, Biden got into his ride for the trip to Dover and promptly fell asleep. When they arrived he was still sleeping and finally had to be roused awake.

I guarantee this is most of Biden's day, sleeping in between public appearances. Dan Bongino has alluded to this and Biden's overall decline from the sources he has. This country right now is a rudderless ship.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Migrant Crisis: ICE Secures Hotel Rooms For Migrants; Admin Plans Flying Illegals To Canadian Border

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...ng-illegals-canadian

Biden's migrant crisis along the southern US border has reached epic proportions.

As we reported on Thursday, not long after Biden said he would "reverse Trump's immigration policies" and vowed to give illegal aliens "a pathway to citizenship", the ensuing chaos at the border has resulted in over 13,000 unaccompanied migrant children detained in federal custody (a third of whom have been sitting in the same 'cages' built by the Obama-Biden administration) and 3,000 of whom have been held beyond the 72-hour legal limit. In a desperate attempt to ease the crisis, Biden did a complete U-turn and told migrants to stop coming, after begging Mexico's president to help stem the flood of illegal migrants

According to the New York Times, after Biden halted construction on the border wall (leaving gaping holes at construction sites), stopped turning away children, and proposed a pathway to citizenship, the surge in migrants - i.e., future democrat voters - has overwhelmed the Biden administration's ability to process them. Faced with a crisis of his own making, Biden reportedly asked Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador 'whether more could be done to help solve the problem.'

Biden and AMLO even discussed the possibility of the United States sending Mexico some of its surplus vaccine supply, a senior Mexican official told the Times, which notes that "Mexico has publicly asked the Biden administration to send it doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which has not been approved for use in the United States."

According to Mexican officials, efforts to secure vaccines are separate from immigration talks, but they have acknowledged that a shipment of doses would "help" relations.

"Both governments cooperate on the basis of an orderly, safe and regular migration system," said Roberto Velasco, director general for the North America region at Mexico’s foreign ministry, though he added that there is no quid pro quo for the vaccines.

In other words, not only did Biden's reckless promises to accept all immigrants backfire spectacularly, he is now is forced to beg and bribe Mexico with promises of a vaccine that nobody wants to prevent the migrant crisis that he started from getting even worse.

But perhaps because the president lacks faith in his own diplomatic skills (justifiably so as demonstrated by last week's catastrophic US-China summit), on Friday the Biden administration was reportedly considering flying migrants who illegally cross the US-Mexico border to near the US-Canada border for processing as a way to ease pressure on overwhelmed facilities in Texas, the WaPo reported.

The tactic is under consideration amid an unprecedented surge in border crossings resulting from Biden’s policies and reform legislation that would create a path to citizenship for most illegal immigrants.

Some data: the number of migrant family members caught crossing the southwest border more than doubled between January and February — rising from 7,000 to nearly 19,000, according to the most recently released agency data. And while border officials continue to use a Trump-era order to quickly return many families to Mexico. But Mexico has limited capacity to take in migrant families and won't accept some with young children, according to administration officials. In total, the CBP reports that there was a record for February 100K "land encounters" along the border in February.

2% of families were expelled to Mexico last month — down from 64% in January and 91% in October, according to the data. More than 13,000 family members who crossed the U.S. border illegally have been allowed into the country since the start of January, many released into border communities.

In any case, in a move that is sure to delight Canada, Department of Homeland Security officials told the Washington Post that the administration is considering air lifts to the northern border due to large numbers of unaccompanied children and families crossing in the south. Officials told the Washington Post that on Friday morning 1,000 people who were either unaccompanied minors or in family units crossed the Rio Grande into Texas, and that another 1,000 still were awaiting processing from Thursday night.

But wait, there's more.

In an apparent backup plan, Axios reports that the Biden administration has awarded an $86 million contract for hotel rooms near the border to hold around 1,200 migrant family members who cross the U.S.-Mexico border on behalf of ICE.

The contract through Endeavors, a Texas-based nonprofit, is for six months but could be extended and expanded. The hotels will be near border areas, including in Arizona and Texas.

ICE, which oversees the custody of migrant adults and families who cross the border illegally after they are apprehended by border patrol agents, is already transforming its family detention facilities into rapid-processing centers with the goal of releasing families within 72 hours.

While immigration agencies have used hotels in the past, unlike border patrol stations, they but do not have to follow the same safety protocols that official government detention spaces do, and as such could result in fresh covid "superspreader" events amid news that many of the migrants have covid. This is happening just as many predict that the US will be able to emerge from the covid pandemic within months, and for the conspiratorialy minded this latest development would provide the government with just the right catalyst to spark a new covid wave... which would naturally transform into trillions more of Universal Basic Income stimmy checks down the line, just as big government wants it.

Finally, some have asked whether it would not be more practical, not to mention more patriotic to spend millions on hotel rooms for the 60,000 homeless American veterans, than the thousands of illegal immigrants who are only here because of the admin's latest Plaxico.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden Migrant Crisis: ICE Secures Hotel Rooms For Migrants; Admin Plans Flying Illegals To Canadian Border

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well thought out plan. I am sure Canada will not mind.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’ll be dropped off in Red States. Grrrr!
They ain’t gonna like the Winters.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexico Installs Stairs To Keep Biden Out

https://babylonbee.com/news/me...rs-to-keep-biden-out

MEXICO—In retaliation for the out-of-hand crisis at the border, Mexico has told Biden he is no longer welcome in the country until it is fixed. To prevent Biden from entering, Mexican authorities have installed stairs at all border crossings.

"With the addition of these concrete stairs, our border has become completely impenetrable-- for Biden, at least," said President Andrés Manuel López Obrador. "We will take them down as soon as he shows he's serious about mitigating this growing crisis. Until then, keep out, Biden!"

Biden's team initially planned to visit Mexico anyway by flying over the border in Air Force One, but then they remembered you need stairs to get in the plane as well.

Democrats in Congress have responded with a 32 trillion-dollar bill to outlaw stairs across the nation.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Let them say it was the wind. So now we have a guy in the Oval Office who can't even make it up a set of stairs on a breezy day. Picture of health, right there.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Babylonbee- You can't make this shit up.....

quote:
Parody video showing Trump knocking Biden down Air Force One stairs could lead to ASSASSINATION attempt, MSNBC analyst says

https://www.rt.com

Trump Derangement Syndrome symptoms may linger for years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^INSANITY! TDS for sure.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^Link to actual article:
https://www.rt.com/usa/518712-...rump-jr-biden-video/

From the article:
quote:

Parody video showing Trump knocking Biden down Air Force One stairs could lead to ASSASSINATION attempt, MSNBC analyst says

Appearing on the ‘Dean Obeidallah Show,’ author and MSNBC analyst Malcolm Nance – who has claimed Trump is an “asset” of Russia and even suggested that the terrorist group ISIS suicide bomb a Trump property in Istanbul – hinted the sharing of the video increases the chance of potential violence.

“It’s dangerous because what he does is he makes light of the potential of injuring people,” Nance said, going on to claim he regularly monitors the public communications of “right wing extremists” and predicting how they could be responding to the short clip.

“Some of the forums that are prevalent are gun forums, and let me tell you, you want to see some seething hotbeds of violence, you know, potential violence, and some of these people have long range shooting skills,” Nance said. “And this is the sort of thing that they would, you know, they would see that video and it would turn into a discussion of whether they use a 338 Lapua [long range rifle] or whether they use 50 caliber BMG to get that shot, right?”

These people are just plain stupid.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hmm, yet the press didn’t have problem with Kathy Griffin and Snoop Dawg’s “artistic” portrayals of their thoughts towards President Trump....

Surprised they aren’t all wearing neck bracers with the media whiplash

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

In my opinion, one of the scenarios by which the whore Cameltoe Harris ascends to the presidency is Biden being “assassinated” by a “Trump supporting gun nut”. There’s nothing that says they have to declare him unfit to accomplish getting that skank into office. I wouldn’t put it past the criminal left media being complicit in their schemes.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That was a really funny video. Trump teeing off on a golf course and Bidet being beaned causing him to fall up the steps.

Brilliant.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post