SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
^^^Yeah, it’s pretty obvious Brandon has been hooked to IVs.

Helps to explain why there are no available visitor logs to the Delaware abode.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8555 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks Biden, scared everyone that super duper ultra maga republicans are going to riot after winning the elections. I'm now headed into diaster response training for election related civil unrest. Fun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21119 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Make sure you practice on goalposts. We're gonna take down a goalpost or two, I 'spect.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
This country is on track to repeat what happened in Germany when it was the greatest democracy going, when it elected a chancellor that then co-opted the media.... That is what's going on in this country

^^^^^^^^^
Well not surprising. Bet he skipped World History or had a substandard high school education. Probably lives in the 54th state Joe Biden talks about.

Clyburn must have been sucking at the same tit as Hank Johnson. He purports to be an “historian” but is actually a moron.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Victor David Hanson was asked about Clyburn's remarks. He simply said that was nonsense and moved on. I guess when Joy Reid thinks the average American has never heard the word inflation a Clyburn history lesson seems credible. These folks are making absolute fools of themselves.
BTW where is Thomas Sowell the voice of reason?? is he ill?

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Victor David Hanson was asked about Clyburn's remarks. He simply said that was nonsense and moved on. I guess when Joy Reid thinks the average American has never heard the word inflation a Clyburn history lesson seems credible. These folks are making absolute fools of themselves.
BTW where is Thomas Sowell the voice of reason?? is he ill?

Thomas Sowell? See my signature. I've been using it from day one.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thomas Sowell is 92 years old. I think he's taking it easy nowadays.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The fear mongering is now truly next level. Just listen to a minute of this unhinged jackass.

Michael Beschloss: “But if that is true, a historian will say, what was at stake tonight and this week was the fact whether we will be a democracy in the future, whether our children will be arrested and conceivably killed. We’re on the edge of a brutal authoritarian system, and it could be a week away.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They’re just desperate at this point and throwing it all at the wall hoping something will stick.

Here in PA I noticed a big jump in gas prices and was surprised to see it, was certain the Dems would move heaven and earth to keep prices down until Election Day. Mentioned this to a friend and his response was that he thinks the Democrats are already conceding defeat and aren’t trying to manipulate prices any longer.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
They’re just desperate at this point and throwing it all at the wall hoping something will stick.

Agreed. They literally have nothing left in the tool bag and have fallen back on obvious hysterics. Nobody but the far left crazies believe this tripe, and they are trying to fan them into a frenzy.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Children will be killed"...from the people who actually kill children. Roll Eyes

Oy!

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Thanks Biden, scared everyone that super duper ultra maga republicans are going to riot after winning the elections. I'm now headed into diaster response training for election related civil unrest. Fun.

Yesssss…

I’ve never seen so many “alert” emails or bulletins leading up to an election. DaFuq.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
He purports to be an “historian” but is actually a moron.

Much like "journalist" or "community activist," "Historian" is one of those things you can claim to be without any actual basis because there aren't consistent definitions for what one IS. Feel like you're one? Congratulations, you are one.

Posts: 2527 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Much like "journalist" or "community activist," "Historian" is one of those things you can claim to be without any actual basis because there aren't consistent definitions for what one IS. Feel like you're one? Congratulations, you are one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
College professors(that are not leftists) have a surprising amount of information regarding the past. They major in select areas such as the Renaissance or the era of Napoleon. I was lucky enough to have some excellent ones in college.
Instead of using the term historian, the term "Some random dude on the street would be more appropriate" for many of them. Clyburn is a total idiot.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
"Children will be killed"...from the people who actually kill children. Roll Eyes
Yes, straight out of the Leftist playbook- whatever you are doing, accuse your enemies of doing those things, and make the accusations very loud and very frequent. The Nazis were expert at this kind of thing, and despite what the modern "historians" would have you believe, the Nazis were most certainly leftists.

These ridiculous alarms they're putting out- I can't imagine they'll have any noticeable effect. In order to buy what they're selling, one would have to be genuinely stupid or very gullible, and those people- the ones who will even bother to vote- are already voting for the commies.

Not to mention, a substantial portion of the votes have already been cast.

I'll tell you this- any of these apparatchiks who are spewing this nonsense have no self-respect, and no respect for the people of this nation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I work on guns. That makes me a gunsmith.
I know more about firearms ballistics than most people. That makes me a ballistician.
I know more about firearms in general than most people. That makes me an expert on firearms.
I know more about law enforcement than most people. That makes me an expert on law enforcement.
I know more about espionage and counterintelligence than most people. That makes me an expert on intelligence.
I know more about history than most people. That makes me a historian.

Anyone who thinks that someone’s opinion should be accepted just because of a description or title that gets tacked onto their name deserves what they get. That of course includes everyone the BS media hopes to influence—and does influence—by trotting out someone like that to support their agenda of the moment. But there’s nothing new or different about such tactics. There is even a name for it in one of my old textbooks: the “argument from authority” logical fallacy.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47698 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2801 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The fear mongering is now truly next level.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, JOE!

Biden Brags About Shutting Down Massachusetts Coal Energy Plant After Massachusetts Energy Company Announces 64% Increase in Electricity Rates

During a speech today, Joe Biden bragged about the example of his visit to a Massachusetts coal-fired plant that was forced to close due to regulation. However, what Biden didn’t mention was the energy provider telling customers to expect a 64% increase in electricity rates effective November 1st.

BIDEN: …”I was just — and so we can accommodate that transition. I was in Massachusetts about a month ago on the site of the largest old coal plant in America. Guess what? It cost them too much money. They can’t count. No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it, even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of their existence of the plant. So it’s going to become a wind generation.

And all they’re doing is — it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money, and they’re using the same transmission line that transmitted the coal-fired electric on. We’re going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar.”…

https://theconservativetreehou...y-rates/#more-239370

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

Hear, hear.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post