SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's amazing to me that, as much as they hate Trump, they have yet to admit that his election was a giant raised middle finger directed at their being stunningly oblivious to the glaringly obvious.

They won't ever admit it... but they know.
That's what the fencing around the capitol and the J6 hearings are all about. They know.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The administration is worried about reducing the amount of addictive nicotine in cigarets. Smokers will probably just smoke more, to get the same nicotine buzz.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Past studies have indicated that. Somehow the administration is suggesting otherwise with some stupid study. People smoke twice as much and puff down to the filter. That is why low tar and low nicotine cigarettes were not successuful. It is just plain ignorant. They know nothing about addiction. Cut the heroin addict's fix. That's the ticket!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The administration is worried about reducing the amount of addictive nicotine in cigarets. Smokers will probably just smoke more, to get the same nicotine buzz.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Past studies have indicated that. Somehow the administration is suggesting otherwise with some stupid study. People smoke twice as much and puff down to the filter. That is why low tar and low nicotine cigarettes were not successuful. It is just plain ignorant. They know nothing about addiction. Cut the heroin addict's fix. That's the ticket!

Incidentally, none of that stuff will affect cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco or snuff.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or, the government could just leave people alone. That's the last thing they'll do, though.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

This is so true, one wonders if beleageured Big Tobacco is writing legislation.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A pathetic, venal houseplant of a man. Just a pitiful human being.

‘YOU take YOUR seat’: Very specific cheat sheet reminds Biden how to act

President Biden on Thursday inadvertently held up a comically detailed cheat sheet prepared by his staff instructing the gaffe-prone leader of the free world to “take YOUR seat” and to limit his remarks to “2 minutes.”

A photographer snapped an image of the document when Biden held it up backward at a meeting with wind-industry executives, which he attended after skipping his administration’s morning meeting with oil companies about combatting record gas prices.

The prepared instructions for Biden — titled “Offshore Wind Drop-By Sequence of Events” — tell Biden to “enter the Roosevelt Room and say hello to participants.”

Then, the paper says, “YOU take YOUR seat.”

The typed-up note says that after reporters arrive, “YOU give brief comments (2 minutes).”

When reporters depart, “YOU ask Liz Shuler, President, AFL-CIO, a question” and then “YOU thank participants” and “YOU depart.”

Biden’s use of staff notes at events has been embarrassing before, such as last July, when an aide scrawled, “Sir, there is something on your chin.” Biden also held that note so it faced reporters and photographers.

Biden reportedly has bristled at staff attempting to control his message to the point that they even contradict his unexpected public utterances without checking with him.

Biden reportedly reminded staff that he’s president after they said he didn’t mean what he said in March when he called for Russian President Vladimir Putin to be removed from power over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command,” NBC News reported last month.

A day after Biden’s remark about Putin, White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain retweeted a message from CNN White House correspondent John Harwood that said Biden’s remark showed a “significant lapse in discipline.”

Republicans often accuse the 79-year-old president of being in mental decline. Former President Donald Trump claimed ahead of the 2020 election that Biden was cognitively “shot.”

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ Surprised his cheat sheet didn't describe the question he was supposed to ask, unless he's also using a teleprompter?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Surprised the cheat sheet doesn’t tell him when to punch a grumpy. Good grief! Who else’s seat would that brain dead idiot take?!? JSMH in frustrated anger DAILY at how these phukktards are RUINING my country…… Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^That woman is dumber than a stump and the epitome of hiring based on identity. At least Psaki was adept at coming up with a lie for a response.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Biden regime completely painted themselves in a corner now with this new press secretary, she’s completely in over her head already, cannot handle the job yet they cannot get rid of her because she was a diversity/LGBTQABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ++ hire and that would look very bad.

The only thing I can think of they do to get rid of her is to “promote“ her up somewhere else.

She clearly is not cut out for this.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
^^^That woman is dumber than a stump and the epitome of hiring based on identity. At least Psaki was adept at coming up with a lie for a response.

Shamelessness is nothing without imagination.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Biden regime completely painted themselves in a corner now with this new press secretary, she’s completely in over her head already, cannot handle the job yet they cannot get rid of her because she was a diversity/LGBTQABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ++ hire and that would look very bad.

The only thing I can think of they do to get rid of her is to “promote“ her up somewhere else.

She clearly is not cut out for this.
"Peter Principle" at its best. Saw it HUNDREDS of time in my short 12 years of service with the State of Texas during my accounting days. It is nauseating...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
POTATUS, "Today the Supreme court took away a constitutional right"

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

At the same exact point in time that the democrats are trying to take away an ACTUAL Constitutional right...the 2nd Amendment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's so full of shit, his eyes are turning brown.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

I cannot believe they put Creepy in front of a camera, no better prepared to respond to today's SCOTUS ruling than he did. He came across as a petulant child and given his opponents so much ammo.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
At the same exact point in time that the democrats are trying to take away an ACTUAL Constitutional right...the 2nd Amendment.
And yet they just can't see the irony of it all... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This is what you say when you finished in the bottom 11% of your law school class.

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post