SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

Biden will address nation from Oval Office on decision to exit 2024 race

President Biden will address the nation on Wednesday after his decision to drop out of the 2024 presidential election.

Biden will speak to the American people about why he decided to exit the race and what he plans to focus on for the remaining six months of his first term. His address will be delivered from the Oval Office, the White House said.

The president is expected to be seen in public for the first time in six days on Tuesday as he returns to the nation's capital from his home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

Biden has not appeared publicly since reportedly testing positive for COVID-19 last week. His only public remarks on his stunning decision to withdraw from the 2024 presidential election came Monday during a brief phone call into the campaign headquarters of Vice Presidential Kamala Harris, who is now the presumptive Democratic nominee.

According to the president's public schedule, Biden will depart from Delaware at 12:30 p.m. He will then fly from Dover Air Force Base to Joint Base Andrews to return to the White House at around 2:30 p.m. The president will receive his daily briefing at 3 p.m. There are no public events on his schedule.

In a letter released on X Sunday, Biden said he believes it is in the "best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term."

"I will speak to the Nation later this week in more detail about my decision," he added, though he gave no details on the time, place or manner in which he would speak.

Last week, Biden began to self-isolate after reportedly testing positive for COVID-19. He was last seen publicly deplaning in Delaware on July 17.

In a letter updating the status of 81-year-old Biden's medical condition on Friday, the physician to the president, Dr. Kevin O'Connor, wrote that Biden "completed his sixth dose of PAXLOVID this morning."

Biden "is still experiencing a loose, non-productive cough and hoarseness, but his symptoms continue to improve steadily," O'Connor wrote in the letter released by the White House.

"His pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate and temperature remain absolutely normal," the doctor said. "His oxygen saturation continues to be excellent on room air. His lungs remain clear."

The doctor said Biden has the KP .2.3 variant, which accounts for approximately 33.3% of new infections in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"The President continues to tolerate treatment well and will continue PAXLOVID as planned," the letter says. "He continues to perform all his presidential duties."

Biden will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday at the White House, according to a U.S. official. Netanyahu arrived in the U.S. a little more than 24 hours after Biden announced that he would no longer seek re-election.

On Wednesday, Netanyahu will give a speech in front of Congress, though Harris reportedly declined to preside over the address, according to the Washington Post. Before departing Israel for D.C., Netanyahu told reporters that his country would stand by the U.S. "regardless [of] who the American people choose as their next president."

"In this time of war and uncertainty, it’s important that Israel’s enemies know that America and Israel stand together," the leader said.

Netanyahu also requested a meeting with former President Trump this week, according to Politico. It is unclear if Trump agreed to the meeting.

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear an announcement of PedoJoe addressing the nation, I envision this happening before every event...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5516 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
YooToobe short of Bidenista freaking out

Its hilarious.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
My personal take on FJB is they will try to leave him in office performing what few duties he will as president, such as it is, so (,)La is "unencumbered" with the duties of the office. It free's her up to campaign full time... It's not like any of her VP "duties" take up any of her time, because she doesn't do anything anyway.

That's why I think they are really resisting the 25th.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6362 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Its hilarious.

The painted finger nails is not helping the dude's look.

P229

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
With TyphoidJoe coming out of his burrow, after dark to avoid seeing his shadow, to address the nation from the Oval Office, does anyone know where I can lay a bet that it is as big a shit show as the debate and the Holt and Stephanlumpogous interviews…?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its hilarious.

That is a perfect example of mental illness.

Dude not only had a childish tantrum, but felt compelled to record it and put it on the internet.

Dig further and I would bet he has/had a video lamenting that the sniper missed. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I can't believe he made it up all those steps.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8539 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
With TyphoidJoe coming out of his burrow, after dark to avoid seeing his shadow, to address the nation from the Oval Office, does anyone know where I can lay a bet that it is as big a shit show as the debate and the Holt and Stephanlumpogous interviews…?

It will be a pre-recorded message with a million edits and cuts. They ain't letting this demented old clown speak live anymore.

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut it out

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Its hilarious.

That is a perfect example of mental illness.

Dude not only had a childish tantrum, but felt compelled to record it and put it on the internet.

Dig further and I would bet he has/had a video lamenting that the sniper missed. . .

I'll bet a shiny new quarter he has no clue why he wants Biden in office .

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3770 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its hilarious.

Am I the only one who doesn’t set up my cellphone before I sit in my car so I can capture my “real” emotions for all of posterity? How fucking narcissistic are these people?

Baby Huey with his painted nails having a “break down” to impress his friends, I weep for the future of this country if these people have any say in how it is run.

quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

I'll bet a shiny new quarter he has no clue why he wants Biden in office .

My guess is he wants his free shit… Don’t imagine he has any college loan needing to be paid for though, I’d be surprised if finished kindergarten.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11210 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Kackles is givng her first rally speech in Wisconsin.

Other than the expected "I prosecuted felons like Donald Trump and I know Donald Trump," she's just kind of a fluff talker. She spouts the usual themes but she's not talking about what she's going to do, does she have any policy differences than Biden or any specifics. It's clickbait for her supporters but woefully short on substance.

She gets a semi-freebie for her first rally but she'll be expected to step up and explain things. She's not giving a warm fuzzy or swaying anyone.

Same drivel that we usually free.

Posts: 4248 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
..... she's just kind of a fluff talker. .....

Oh, a fluffer. Got it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12665 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
..... she's just kind of a fluff talker. .....

Oh, a fluffer. Got it.

And there is more truth to that than most people know.

Posts: 3770 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Other than the expected "I prosecuted felons like Donald Trump and I know Donald Trump,"

Trump isn't a poor black man with a baggy of pot, so she's a bit out of her element here.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17084 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
My personal take on FJB is they will try to leave him in office performing what few duties he will as president, such as it is, so (,)La is "unencumbered" with the duties of the office. It free's her up to campaign full time... It's not like any of her VP "duties" take up any of her time, because she doesn't do anything anyway.

I disagree. I think at some point, between now and the election, Harris is installed as President so she attains the legitimacy of The Office.

Posts: 13559 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

I disagree. I think at some point, between now and the election, Harris is installed as President so she attains the legitimacy of The Office.

Biden never did...And no matter how the Dems and the media try, she certainly won't either!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

I agree. The left wants one thing more than anything else - to be able to say that they were the party that gave us THE FIRST BLACK FEMALE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!1!!1. (even though she's not black)

They have a pretty good sense that Trump is going to trounce her (should he survive), so this is their only chance to get THE FIRST BLACK FEMALE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!1!!!1!!1. (even though she's not black)

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post