SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hot dogs, with Ketchup

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I just had tripe for the first time yesterday.

Ooooo, do not want. Got it by accident once on a poorly spelled Chinese menu. I wasn't sure what "Beef Triple" was going to be but was happy to try it! Knew something was up when this old lady came out of the back to see who had ordered it and tell me how awesome it was that I was having it. All in barely English.

And then it arrived...... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12443 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Hot dogs, with Ketchup

Same here, don't know why people think it's a sin.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
-Sauerkraut
-Pepperoncini peppers, which I put on just about everything appropriate, including meat dishes, sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta, etc.
-Pickled okra
-Craisins (Cranberry Raisins... great in oatmeal, or just eaten by the handful; I've never tried raw cranberries though)
-Lengua (tongue) tacos
-Plain tuna, eaten straight from the pouch with a spoon (my go-to "no time for lunch" lunch)

Used to eat Braunschweiger and mustard sandwiches all the time when I worked on the ranch, but haven't had one in about 17 years. Not sure if it'd be as good as I remembered, as you were usually at that "so tired that anything tasted good" stage from working hard. (Same reason why that cold can of Coors Light tasted so great at the end of the long day, despite Coors Light being a terrible beer any other time. Big Grin)

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Gas station Sushi.
I had a coworker who routinely ate egg salad sandwiches from gas stations.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I like a can of tuna in my macaroni and cheese. I have had it since I was a kid. I will also eat tuna straight from the can.
Mom used to do that to turn Kraft Mac & Cheese from a side dish to the main course. 90% of all the Kraft Mac & Cheese I've eaten as an adult I added a can of tuna to it.

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll toss in a can of tuna, some frozen peas, top with cheddar, and pop in the oven a few minutes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menudo Rojo I love this if it is done correctly, and there is a place in So. Az. that does it perfectly!!!.

I grow and love me some okra, and have my whole life.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I add corn to mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm originally from northern Illinois where they find a way to work corn into every meal. I assumed everyone added corn to their taters until someone told me I was strange. Not the only time I've heard that!

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken feet at dim sum. I won't order a plate for myself but if anybody I'm with is game I'll eat them.

Pickled pigs feet.

Posts: 4283 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
I like a can of tuna in my macaroni and cheese.
Mom used to do that to turn Kraft Mac & Cheese from a side dish to the main course. 90% of all the Kraft Mac & Cheese I've eaten as an adult I added a can of tuna to it.

I like adding a can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chiles) and a can of black beans to my Mac and Cheese. Just drain both cans before adding to the cooked pasta and stirring in the cheese sauce.

Called "Nacho Mac and Cheese". Used to be a recipe on the side of the box, back in the day, which is where I got it from.

Adding leftover taco meat as well lets you get even fancier.

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
It's been a couple decades but spaghettios with crushed Doritos and a chocolate chip cookie mixed in makes for a hearty meal.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I like a can of tuna in my macaroni and cheese. I have had it since I was a kid. I will also eat tuna straight from the can.

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll toss in a can of tuna, some frozen peas, top with cheddar, and pop in the oven a few minutes.

Mom's lazy 'tuna melt' dish. Reminds me of childhood.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like dipping my fries in mayo or tartar sauce. Love me some fried okra but most of what I see isn't done right. I don't care for okra breaded in cornmeal. Love it cooked in flour and cooked until it is crisp!

Another delicacy is fried green tomatoes but they must be done right cooked in flour until they are crisp.

Oh! Almost forgot fried pickles!

Seafood salad at the Chinese buffet that has baby octopussies in it as well as their kimche.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Calf fries.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Hot dogs, with Ketchup

Same here, don't know why people think it's a sin.

It's a Chicago and NYC thing. I like my hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, onion and relish. Yum.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
I add corn to mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm originally from northern Illinois where they find a way to work corn into every meal. I assumed everyone added corn to their taters until someone told me I was strange. Not the only time I've heard that!

Right there with ya. Pile of mashed spuds, a gob of real butter and a healthy helping of corn. Stir and eat!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:

Corned beef hash right out of the can and in the pan until crispy brown. Then into a bowl and covered in ketchup. Something about the combo.

Cheers~

Throw a sunny-side-up fried egg or two on top of that!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My mom used to tell me and my two brothers, "only poor people don't put tuna in their macaroni and cheese; and you can't them they're poor, they'll get upset."

It wasn't until I joined the navy that I leaned, we didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Spam chopped into small pieces and added to Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I always wondered why there was all that stuff in the supermarket aisles, in between the actual, edible food.

It's for YOU GUYS!!!?!?!?!? Eek

Smile

Posts: 15037 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post