SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub. Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
Sardines. I eat them 3-4 days a week on average. My daughters like them but my wife refuses to even try one.

Me too!

I like King Oscar Tiny Tots. Bristling sardines in EVOO (which I mostly drain off). Sardines are at the bottom of the foot chain, so no accumulation of arsenic.

I put a tin of ‘em on two slices of Mestemacher Pumpernickel which I first spread with Thumann’s Creamy Horseradish. Black pepper & seasoning salt.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8956 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Fried okra

Pickled okra

Fried mullet (it’s a Florida thing, as I’ve never met anyone elsewhere that does)

I haven't had fried mullet since I was a boy (in Florida).

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Liver!!! Beef, pork (wild boar a favorite), deer, moose, chicken, turkey, goose,....love it all!

Fried liver with onions and bacon a favorite served warm or (the next day) on white bread with mayo and lettuce as a sandwich. Also love chopped chicken liver with hardboiled egg on rye bread, chicken livers with cheddar cheese and mushrooms in omelette or with scrambled eggs.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I dip my fries in a strawberry shake

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I do enjoy peanut butter and butter on saltines

Try a banana pepper on that peanut butter cracker sometime. Wink

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwich with a chaser of canned peach juice. Dipping sandwich in juice is ok too.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Marmite!

A popular condiment in the UK, but few Americans know of it. Marmite is to savory as sugar is to sweet.

Here on my Bisquick Cheese & Garlic “cookie” along with peanut butter. Delectable!

I had this last night for my after-super treat. This evening it’ll be PB & Marmite on Ritz crackers.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8956 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Cilantro.
I guess from prior threads some hate it and compare it to eating grass or similar.
Don't know why ~ you don't eat it by itself but as a garnish usually with Mesican food.
Same for parsley, oregano, thyme, etc. ~ I love how all these herbs can enhance many things but don't just munch on it like a cow like the idiot critics profess. Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Adventurous eater here but there is one thing that unless you grew up eating, probably won’t like it..

Gefilte fish.

I dare you to try it with horseradish. Big Grin

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Ox tails are good to me; not many people around here use them.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
SPAM!

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Peeled raw turnips.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Blood sausage.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
echo chicken feet (dim sum style) and ox tails (soup). add natto. beef tendons (in Taiwan style beef noodle soup).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Adventurous eater here but there is one thing that unless you grew up eating, probably won’t like it..

Gefilte fish.

I dare you to try it with horseradish. Big Grin
I can't even imagine it without horseradish!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Another sardine, kipper and anchovy fan.

I really like anchovy on my pizzas and lots of them. No need for salt.

I also put sliced radishes on a salami or other such cold cut sandwich. Provides a bit of crunch as well as contrasting flavors.

Another thing I really like is oyster dressing, made the usual way bread turkey dressing is except with oysters and their liquid. I guess that's really not all that odd, but no one in my family or small circle of friends will even touch it. Meh, more for me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Rocky Mountain oysters. Deep fried with cocktail sauce. Yum.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'll second the okra in any form. Love beets as well. will eat sardines - don't crave them. love some spam once every week or two.
Escargot, definitely eat them broiled with some garlic butter and crusty bread.

New one that I haven't seen yet: Tripe. I get the canned tripe when I can find it and batter and fry it up. Good stuff. A little chewy.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I do enjoy peanut butter and butter on saltines

Try a banana pepper on that peanut butter cracker sometime. Wink

That sounds pretty bad

For my fellow old and crusty Veterans. I thought the omelet MRE was good, eaten cold with Tabasco on it

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I like Escargot, not weird to me, but a lot of people don't like it.

I had escargot when I was 3 yrs old, picked fresh off the ground, uncooked, with the shell still on. (one of the stories my parents shared with me as I got a little older).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post