SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You eat THAT? Post oddities you eat, but others snub. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bacon Spam. It is wonderful.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Kokoretsi. A dish I had in Greece. Liver, kidney, and other organs and meat wrapped in intestines and cooked on a spit like a large kabob. Spiced with garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and more. Deeeeicious. Everyone threw their portion on my plate when the host wasn’t looking. So the host thought they loved it, and kept putting more on their plates.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Laotian Larb.

Basically there's tripe in there mixed in with raw or partially cooked beef bits.

Local Thai joint has Larb made with chicken
First time I was in there the table next to me were all eating it, I thought the commode overflowed from the smell.

Tried it on my next trip, we call it butthole chicken now. I'll try about anything twice to give it a chance, not that stuff lol.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Bacon and jam sandwiches (toasted bread).

I can actually see that being really good. A strawberry or apple jam would be good. Salty and sweet.

I like to eat just about everything and am an adventurous eater.

Love liver and other organ meats; chicken livers are my favorite. Fried chicken kidneys and such are great little poppers. I also love to see chopped up gizzards and such in my gravy!

Huge fan of tongue. Tacos lengua are my favorite by a country mile.

Love scrapple and goetta. Don't have a lot of experience with things like blood sausage, but I bet I'd be a fan.

Foie gras and other pate options are an amazing treat.

Fish eggs of any sort.

Grilled sardines are great and anchovies are a favorite too.

I'm not a huge fan of brain, but I'll eat it in the rare times I see it on a menu, just because.

The thing I don't really like is anything that is full of gristle or excessively chewy. No me gusta.

And who thinks brussels sprouts are weird? That's standard fare!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okra -
Tripe/Menudo -
Birria (Goat) -
Some of my favorites!

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
homemade mayonnaise by the spoonful.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much easier to say what I will not eat again:

Pork tendon boiled

Sea cucumber prepared in any manner

Everything else is pretty much fair game!

And now:

A snail goes in to a Nissan dealership and tells the salesman,”I want to buy a 350Z.”

Salesman says ”Sure”.

Snail ”Automatic of course!” (First laugh)
”But you have to change the Logo to 350S”

Sales guy says ”Sure - but why?”

Snail says ”When I blow away a Corvette at a stoplight, the guy says:

”WOW! Look at that S-Car-Go!”

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Oh ill play!

Pigs feet
Intestines
All the organ meats
Raw octopus
Raw beef
Chicken feet

Mayo on a banana
Syrup on cheddar cheese

Im sure there are more

Webfoot octopus or all kinds? You fit in fine in Korea Smile

Woof woof? Crickets (or whatever they are serving in those street stalls. Oh, maybe silk worms or something like that?)?

I've had the dog soup yes. I would liken it to some Goat I've had before. Wouldn't say it was good but it certainly isn't bad.

Tried the silk worms and while they weren't horrible, I wouldn't eat them again.

Forgot about gizzards in particular, luckily they are extremely popular here as well as chicken hearts.

I do believe webfoot octopus is what is usually served here in the stir fried dishes but I honestly couldn't tell you what species is served live. They have always cut it up in the back and brought it out so I have no idea. I don't know enough about octopodus to be able to tell I suppose.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Adventurous eater here but there is one thing that unless you grew up eating, probably won’t like it..

Gefilte fish.

I dare you to try it with horseradish. Big Grin
I can't even imagine it without horseradish!

But do you eat the roe as well? My grandmother made her gefilte from scratch and served the roe on the side.

I like sausage gravy & biscuits w/lots of Tabasco.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Chicken hearts and gizzards sauted with garlic, onions, black pepper corns and jalapeño peppers in olive oil.
Served over a mix of brown rice, red lentils and barley; cooked in chicken stock.
Tasty, chewy and nutritious.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't think this is weird but I've been told it is.

I love Nachos. I usually make them simple, just good chips and good cheese (pre shredded bagged cheese is not good).

At home I slice a hot link into rounds, then cut those in half. I put those on my Nachos. That's good!

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Fried chicken gizzards.

When the batter is right, I cannot pass them up.

The bowling ally at NAS North Island had some of the best followed closely by a corner gas stop in Watonga, OK

Gizzards are a great appetizer or snack.

Chewy and delicious.
. Wouldn’t you know we are having them tonight.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been born and lived on our farm in the 40 s and early 50s we ate just about everything from the animals we butchered,the saying was with hogs was “everything but the squeal.”

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When stationed in the southern Bahamas, I pretty much mainlined conch and fries. Hard to find cracked conch steaks in the US, even in the Keys. Loved it.

Smoked oysters!

Anchovies on Caesar salads and pizza.

Zero bars.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Wildly popular in these parts is crawfish. I’m sure some people still consider them “mud bugs” or bait.

As a kid I used to eat mustard and mayonnaise sandwiches. Just white bread, mustard and mayo.

Posts: 3436 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
For better or worse, crawfish / crawdad was a weekend treat when I was in poor and in school, Plus, a day at the river / creek - always fun.

A small investment in a piece of chicken yielded a nice, filling crawdad dinner - sauteed in garlic and butter. Yum.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Having been born and lived on our farm in the 40 s and early 50s we ate just about everything from the animals we butchered,the saying was with hogs was “everything but the squeal.”

In Iowa we put the squeal in car tires!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Wildly popular in these parts is crawfish. I’m sure some people still consider them “mud bugs” or bait.

As a kid I used to eat mustard and mayonnaise sandwiches. Just white bread, mustard and mayo.

Honestlou,

I still eat mustard and mayonnaise sandwiches and some potato chips for quick and easy snacks. I figured that I was probably the only one left on the planet earth that was eating them.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Ah yes the potato chip and mustard sandwich.

The classy brother to the plain mustard sandwich eaten 2 days later when the chips are gone.

Known around here as a "struggle sandwich"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
A few of my friends in Oregon put Marionberry Jam on their garlic bread....

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post