SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inflation!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation!!! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I am so glad we took the opportunity to convert from home heating oil to natural gas three years ago. Currently locked in for 24 months at a really good rate, so this winter shouldn’t be much different than last year as far as costs.

Heating oil is still very big here in the Northeast, and a lot of people are going to get screwed over this winter unfortunately.

My wife sent me this, she saw this on one of her Facebook moms groups:

Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious - do EBT/SNAP recipients receive inflationary adjustments on a regular basis?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sporadically. There was a 21 percent increase in August that had to do with the modernizaton of the Food Stamp program. Thank Joe!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Well this really burns my biscuits. I was just billed $1177.59 for 243.3 gallons of propane for the cabin. I filled up last year about this time and recall it being below $800. I gotta get that wood stove hooked up.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Feeling it all over the place. Looks like it is just starting since we will have to start paying for the “free” 3 Trillion dollar democrat re-election bill.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Other point, back when I was a newly minted pilot, 100 octane was forty cents / gallon at most places, occasionally as low as twenty-eight cents.
Yes, but you had to buy goggles.
I had a white silk scarf (I really did, it was a gift).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You guys were the ones voting for that senile old bastard. Now reap your benefits.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
You guys were the ones voting for that senile old bastard. Now reap your benefits.

Who are you referring to?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Who indeed !!!!??? Vert der ferk ???

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm assuming anti Trump/D's. There was probably two Biden voters out of the whole forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never know with rburg.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Buck fifty nine for a Milky Way today. They can't make them any smaller so nothing left to do but raise the price

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Propane pre-buys in NH ended in August and were around $2.40ish for 1000+ gallon commitments.

Oddly - the only thing I have not seen a price increase on is hard liquor.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Thank God.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

You must not drink single malt Scotch. Some of my favorites are up nearly 25% in the last year. Bourbon and Rye has stayed pretty consistent, even Irish Whiskey hasn’t gone up much, but Scotch s definitely up significantly in price and down in availability.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

You must not drink single malt Scotch. Some of my favorites are up nearly 25% in the last year. Bourbon and Rye has stayed pretty consistent, even Irish Whiskey hasn’t gone up much, but Scotch s definitely up significantly in price and down in availability.

I would think that has more to do with import tariffs than anything else. And of course getting the stuff off of the boat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I would think that has more to do with import tariffs than anything else. And of course getting the stuff off of the boat.

The tariffs unquestionably have played a role. However, those tariffs ended on March 4, 2021. It was originally a 4 month suspension but it became a 5 year minimum suspension in June as I understand it. Prices did start to normalize for a bit and some even went down, but that was short lived and they have started to rise significantly again, coupled with reduced availability.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are folks who are adamant that their quality of life is the same no matter who occupies the Oval Office. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
US Inflation Rate by Year from 1929 to 2023

scroll down

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post