SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inflation!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation!!! Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
About 9 months ago I ordered a #10 size can of the Augason Farms Scrambled Egg Mix, it was around $25 or so, less than $30. This was sold and shipped my Wallymart.

I just looked into getting another can, same thing, for some food storage.

$125.99, same thing, same vendor WallyMart dot com! Outrageous!

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Windshield washer fluid. Got gas today and it’s $6.99 a gallon for windshield washer fluid. Can remember paying $1.99 it seems like not long ago.

Posts: 189 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mholmes:
Windshield washer fluid. Got gas today and it’s $6.99 a gallon for windshield washer fluid. Can remember paying $1.99 it seems like not long ago.

L

I have been using these for a few yrs now . Think I learned about them here. I make and store it in a used gal vinegar bottle.

“Washer tabs LINK “

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I thought $10 a dozen for duck eggs was expensive. Given the size of them compared to chicken, I think they are now cheaper. Might have to switch over to 100% duck for a while.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mholmes:

You should buy that at Walmart, NOT the gas station!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rai...asher-Fluid/17179630

The price hasn't changed since I bought it there 6 months ago!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I thought $10 a dozen for duck eggs was expensive. Given the size of them compared to chicken, I think they are now cheaper. Might have to switch over to 100% duck for a while.

Chicken eggs: 70 calories/5g fat/5g protein
Duck eggs: 135 calories/10g fat/10g protein
Goose eggs: 265 calories/20g fat/20g protein

For uses other than precise baking, you can use 1 duck egg in place of 2 chicken eggs, and 1 goose egg in place of 2 duck eggs or 4 chicken eggs. (And if baking, I've seen recommendations that you sub duck for chicken anywhere from 1:1 to 2:3.)

So if your chicken eggs are over ~$5/12 or $7.50/18, then those $10/dozen duck eggs could be the cheaper route.

But you may also want to consider cholesterol. Duck eggs have 619 mg of cholesterol and goose eggs have 1,227 mg, compared to the 186 mg in a chicken egg, due to the greater yolk-to-white ratio in duck and goose eggs. So while calories/fat/protein in a duck egg is 2x that of an egg, cholesterol is over 3x.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
A jar of spaghetti sauce is $6.75!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
And y’all believe that inflation is 7.1%?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the grocery store for some smoked ham hocks to make pinto beans. Usually very reasonable to purchase. Two small shriveled ham hocks for $19!!! I don't think so....

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
And y’all believe that inflation is 7.1%?

More like FORTY-SEVEN POINT ONE PERCENT!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post