SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inflation!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation!!! Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Restaurants are all way up too. The small local fast hibachi place is up 50% on the teriyaki steak combo. Taco bell is up 25% on the breakfast items.

Try to get trucking right now, especially an expedite. That's up about 50% from 2 years ago.

I can't think of a single thing only up 8%

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I can't think of a single thing only up 8%

I can. My SS check.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Was at my brother in law’s restaurant Tuesday night for a family dinner and got talking with him, he owns a brewpub/pizza place, a more upscale place and a breakfast place and he said things are getting really bad with his food cost.

He said last year at this time he paid $19 for a case of eggs (15 dozen) but this week he paid $75 for that same case of eggs.

I fear we are going to see a wave of restaurant closings as they cannot afford this insane inflation hitting us. Eek

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A year or two ago, my typical trip to Publix rarely, if ever, went over $50.00

The last few months, it has been over $100.00, just about every trip, and I have been really careful about adjusting our home meal menus to items that are on sale.

This is just for two of us, wife and me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Since I got a new Weber Genesis gas grill and a Weber Kettle charcoal grill a couple of weeks ago I've been stocking my hidey-hole with different kinds and flavors of such.

Today I decided I might as well pick up some of the regular Kingsford charcoal briquettes. It's the end of the season and it's getting bit hard to find, at least in the larger size.

The last few years I've seen a 2-pack of Kingsford, it's 2 of the 20-pound bags, for about $20-21-ish dollars.

I noticed the other day the price did not change, at least not yet, and now the 2 bag deal is that the bags are now 18 pounds, previously 20 pounds. I reckon that's a 10% shrinkage/price hike, however you want to look at it.

I was in Home Depot this morning and decided to check the grill aisle and noticed they still had a bunch of the 20-pound bag bundles, and none of the new 18-pound version, so I decided, what the heck, it's Kingsford, not the best, but it'll work, so now that's in my hidey-hole ready for use.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dog food! We feed our dog Fromm Four Star. The large bag has gone from somewhere in the mid-$70 range to $92 in just the last year-and-a-half.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big deal for most of yall but fishsauce prices are up about 30% since pre-Covid. Some even more - Red Boat used to be $7.99, now $12.99.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Cat food.

I figure I owe it to the puddy tat to make darn sure he has plenty of food and litter. If he's not gonna eat then I'm not either. I will make darn sure he has food and litter.

Couldn't get the food locally he likes. He won't eat cat food with grain, it irritates his stomach and he'll throw up.

Ended up FINALLY finding what we needed on the Internet.

Little rascal now has an 8 month supply of dry food, canned food, and litter. I'm going to roll that inventory by ordering a months supply every month and rotate it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. The flippin' price has gone up at least 50% on some items, and some items it's darn near double.

Good thing I'm not feeding a horse anymore, lol.

But seriously, I figure if you have an animal you owe it 100% to make sure it has plenty of food and good medical care.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Going the grocery story is like a trip to a haunted house. Down right scary.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Went to Sams this afternoon. I have both a
Costco and Sams card. I'm restocking my freezer after cleaning it completely out and defrosting earlier this week. Yesterday was a Costco run, spent $320 there.

Spend $280 at Sams, pretty much all meat items.

While wandering around in the aisles of the non-refrigerated non-frozen food items I was shocked at how many multi-packs of whatever food item had greatly shrunk in size and the price went up more than a small percentage. Quite a bit, actually.

The multi packs of things such as peanut butter, mayo, Rao's Sauce, etc, ALL were of a much smaller size bottle and price increase.

It's sad to see other shoppers, the looks on their faces, as they debate whether to buy something now, or just put it back on the shelf.
It's especially tough to see a young Mother with 3 kids in tow and it's obvious she can't afford to get what all she wants/needs.

So, f-you obummer, pelosi, pedo-joe, schummer, the list goes on.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Went to my favorite local deli for lunch yesterday. Looked in the desert display. The slices of cake they had use to feed three people, they were absurdly large before. Now, while a reasonable serving size, it's about 40% of it's originally size. Didn't check the price, but I'm sure it's increased as well.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching prices of basic staples at Aldi this past year has been scary. Canned beans, tomatoes, soups, cheese, and fresh vegetables have all at least doubled in price. Some things are triple or more.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The basic cheeseburger that used to be $1.25 at Burger King a few months ago is now $2.50.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve hit the reset button on the water filter in the fridge so manny times it quit making ice. If I can even find a filter they are between $50 and $60 dollars. I paid that for a two pack last time.

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Heard a farmer talk the other day about how the 2023 crops will have the highest input costs ever.

Yet come fall/harvest, the Fed will have destroyed much demand, leaving most farmers bereft of profit and income.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The inflation is rampant. The other problem is when prices go up these days, they tend to not ever come back down. The cost of things has really gotten bad.

Iceberg lettuce, $5 a head ffs.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The larger than the regular size of Campbell Soup, the chunky and heart healthy varieties (not the much larger family size cans) 18.8 ounce can size, 2 years ago were always on sale locally for 98 to 99 cents per can.

Wallymart locally has them now for $2.26 a can, and my favorite local grocery has them for $1.98 now.

And I swear, the 18.8 ounce cans seem watery to me, and water is about the cheapest ingredient to add to something as a filler.

The traditional size of Campbell soup cans? I don't have an older one to compare, but the new ones "seem" to be a bit smaller to me. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but it seems that way by feel.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
The inflation is rampant. The other problem is when prices go up these days, they tend to not ever come back down. The cost of things has really gotten bad.

Iceberg lettuce, $5 a head ffs.

Its never coming back down. And we get shrinkflation along with it.

With my 1 - 2% annual raise my salary will never catch up either.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Had fasting blood work this morning and was really hungry afterward so I decided to go to my local McDonald’s for a quick breakfast.

An Egg McMuffin that seemed like it had shrunk about 2/3 (seriously like 5-6 bites maybe), a tiny hash brown and a small coffee…almost 9 DOLLARS. Eek

I need to lay off this crap anyway and they’re making it easier and easier. The days of getting a meal at a fast food place for $4-$5 are definitely over.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
The local Hy-Vee had a store special today on their made in store donuts - $8.50 for eight donuts.

Wasn't too long ago it was $2.99 a dozen...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post