SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
Who’s House? According to her story, there are five teenagers at “the house”. So it has to be one of “their houses”. Yet four of the five have said they don’t have any idea what she’s talking about; it’s not their house… and it’s not Mrs. Ford’s house; so...

good point

I bet they are working on that weakness.

Ford's story will change to add someone else to the party list. With the DEM power attorneys and $ working this, they are no doubt trying to get at least one more person to corroborate Ford. Expect new surprises if she testifies.

That's an excellent point! Maybe the unicorn saw something?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
If this report is accurate it looks like the accuser will be testifying after Brett Kavanaugh. WTF?

https://abc7ny.com/politics/ka...enate-panel/4310454/

Terms of their appearances are still being negotiated, but several details have been resolved.

Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh, rather than going first, as she had preferred, according to a source familiar with the talks, but was unauthorized to discuss the talks publicly and was granted anonymity.

But who will be asking the questions remains unresolved, the lawyers said.

Republicans have been trying to hire an outside female counsel who could take over the questioning. The 11 senators on the GOP side of the dais are all men, which could send an unwanted message on live television against the backdrop of the #MeToo era so close to the midterm election. They could also use staff attorneys to the Republican majority on the committee.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
[b]Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh, rather than going first, as she had preferred, ...

That's backwards. She's wanted to testify second all along. And that would be a travesty of justice.

Some of y'all need to go back and re-read the last dozen or so pages of this thread. All this is in there.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If this report is accurate it looks like the accuser will be testifying after Brett Kavanaugh. WTF?

This report is contrary to every other report currently out there.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh, rather than going first, as she had preferred...

That article is fucked, they have been insisting she go 2nd all along.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Flood Grassley's email as well.

https://www.grassley.senate.go...estions-and-comments

Done!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
This has been answered: She did not send the letter to Feinstein. She sent it to a Congresswoman not involved in the judicial selection process.

obviously I haven't seen the letter, but this from CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16...feinstein/index.html

July 30 2018
CONFIDENTIAL

Senator Dianne Feinstein

Dear Senator Feinstein;

I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court.

As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.

Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980's. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.

Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school.

The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others.

Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from "go for it" to "stop."

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stair well at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.

I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.

In confidence, REDACTED.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Dershowitz GOES OFF on Christine Ford’s Outrageous Demands: “Every Civil Libertarian Should Be Outraged!… IT IS INSANE!” (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-it-is-insane-video/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Once again, that wasn't sent to the Judiciary Committee. Even if DiFi handed it in to the Judiciary Committee, you can't impute criminal liability to Ford just because Ford sent it to DiFi and DiFi chose to give it to the Committee.

Honestly, man, stop getting bogged down in their pettifogging bullshit. The only thing you can hope for by focusing on their nonsense is to chase your tail until you've been driven crazy on their terms. It won't make a blind bit of difference to the confirmation process.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
...Republicans really just need to schedule the vote and confirm him so he can sit starting October 1.

I'm afraid that time has already come and gone. If they don't hold a hearing until Thursday, I don't see how he's confirmed in time to sit on the bench for the beginning of the next session. It seems the despicable dems have succeeded in that at least. Shameful and frankly disgusting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
This has been answered: She did not send the letter to Feinstein. She sent it to a Congresswoman not involved in the judicial selection process.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16...feinstein/index.html

July 30 2018
CONFIDENTIAL

Senator Dianne Feinstein

Dear Senator Feinstein;

I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court.

As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.

Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980's. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.

Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school.

The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others.

Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from "go for it" to "stop."

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stair well at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.

I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.

In confidence, REDACTED.

Here is the explanation from earlier in the thread. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...35/m/8340026644/p/45

I posted the redacted text of the letter in this thread last week.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
[b] Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh, rather than going first, as she had preferred,...

That's backwards. She's wanted to testify second all along. And that would be a travesty of justice.

Some of y'all need to go back and re-read the last dozen or so pages of this thread. All this is in there.

You guys are reading that sentence wrong. Let me reword it:

"Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh as she had preferred, rather than going first." The commas are important; however, it should've been written with better clarity. Just crappy journalism as usual.

In any case, that is outrageous if true, and I have a hard time believing it is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
[b]Ford agreed that she will testify after Kavanaugh, rather than going first, as she had preferred, ...

Oh I have read them. I was posting the article that was posted/updated just a few minutes ago as I found it incredulous and was hoping someone maybe had contrary information with a link that indeed it has been agreed upon that the accuser will testify first Thursday.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I linked the segment of his show when Tucker Carlson said that if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by next Thursday, "arcane Senate rules" will push it all back until after midterms. Any lawyers with specific knowledge about what those "arcane rules" might be-- is this so? This is quite important, if it is true.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I linked the segment of his show when Tucker Carlson said that if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by next Thursday, "arcane Senate rules" will push it all back until after midterms. Any lawyers with specific knowledge about what those "arcane rules" might be-- is this so? This is quite important, if it is true.

Better luck this time.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...170073744#2170073744

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY-DELAY.

That is what this is ALL about.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ So, JALLEN-- Carlson is completely wrong about this? Your "maybe" made me unsure of exactly what you were saying....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Daily Caller has Tucker Carlson saying:
quote:

The Fox News host then pointed out the significance of that date, a point that “nobody on television” is saying.

“Thursday is a significant date in this story,” he said. “Because of Senate rules which are complex, if Ford testifies next Thursday the vote on Kavanaugh will be pushed back at least another week. In this environment that very likely means – forever. His nomination will be over.”

I think they do have to give a week's notice of the vote:
if Ford testifies next Thursday the vote on Kavanaugh will be pushed back at least another week....
But it won't be forever. That won't happen.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something here?

In the past 2,000 years hasn’t the ACCUSER always spoken first? They get to confront the accused and the accused party always speaks or gives their defense/rebuttal AFTER?

What this Ford bitch is doing is complete bullshit, trying to go AFTER Kavanaugh is questioned, what the eff is that?

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Am I missing something here?

In the past 2,000 years hasn’t the ACCUSER always spoken first? They get to confront the accused and the accused party always speaks or gives their defense/rebuttal AFTER?

What this Ford bitch is doing is complete bullshit, trying to go AFTER Kavanaugh is questioned, what the eff is that?

That is what happens when someone is forced to deal with the fucking swamp!!

Logic and justice just seem to disappear!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25648 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post