SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It Raj's first tweet is accurate, then it sounds like her lawyers tried to leave a bunch of issues up in the air "that would still have to be negotiated" before they agree she'll testify - and then Grassley decided to treat silence as acquiescence. Hopefully that means that as majority of the senators on the committee are finally sick of the shenanigans.

Now stick to your guns, Chuck!

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another theory running the conservative Twitter-sphere is that McConnell doesn't care about an expeditious confirmation and will use these delays to have an excuse to keep the Senate in session in October until Kavanaugh is confirmed - keeping the Ds off the campaign trail.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Another theory running the conservative Twitter-sphere is that McConnell doesn't care about an expeditious confirmation and will use these delays to have an excuse to keep the Senate in session in October until Kavanaugh is confirmed - keeping the Ds off the campaign trail.

And would also keep the Rs off the campaign trail. But, hey, I’m all for a short campaign season!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Clown. Shoes.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
And would also keep the Rs off the campaign trail. But, hey, I’m all for a short campaign season!

With a Kavanaugh win under their belts, and story upon story to tell about Democrat fecklessness and sleaze.

Having something to promise the voters is good. Having something to promise the voters, and being able to prove that you can deliver what you promise, is even better.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh, FFS!

This has gone off the rails.

Posts: 34076 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yep. Their warehouse just completed their training another one. Mad

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This was the whole purpose behind the delay. The longer the delay, the more of this we will see.

Any white male nominated for any position of power can expect this going forward.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This was mentioned in other articles- The Dems have 10 Senators or so in jeopardy while the R's have 2 or something. Definitely 1 sided on the Dems.

It would be re-assuring if there was a strategy.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13423 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

This was mentioned in other articles- The Dems have 10 Senators or so in jeopardy while the R's have 2 or something. Definitely 1 sided on the Dems.

It would be re-assuring if there was a strategy.
Yeah, they have a strategy I think - McConnell is an old coot, but he didn't become the Senate Majority Leader by being a dumbass and letting Sen Grassly get his ass handed to him with this nomination, unless there was a bigger plan.

At least, I hope they have some plan.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Oh, FFS!

Is there a reason why there's no article at the website? I clicked on the headline and got nothing.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Oh, FFS!

Is there a reason why there's no article at the website? I clicked on the headline and got nothing.

Because Drudge is breaking the story based on his sources.

https://www.mediaite.com/onlin...naugh-another-woman/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, it's "developing".

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hoping Brett Kavanaugh and his family stay strong.

The DEMs are the lowest of the low. Despicable doesn't even come close to describing them

Let's all hope REP voters are getting fired up.

I know I am.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I'm curious to know how Kavanaugh is pulling down all of this far left ass. Especially with all of the Trumpets being instructed to swipe left. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Let's all hope REP voters are getting fired up.

To paraphrase an old poster from the 80's, "a bigger Senate majority is the best revenge" - especially once RBG leaves the court.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...or-thursday-n2521785

Attorneys Debra Katz, Lisa Banks, and Michael Bromwich have announced that they have reached an agreement with the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding their client's willingness to testify about an alleged sexual assault committed by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"Despite actual threats to her safety and her life, Dr. Ford believes it is important for Senators to hear directly from her about the sexual assault committed against her,” Professor Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys said following a phone call this morning.

The testimony will be a public hearing at 10:00 AM ET on Thursday. It will not include other witnesses nor has it been decided whether staff attorneys or senators will ask the questions. According to the initial report, Professor Ford will go first followed by Brett Kavanaugh.

According to CNN's Manu Raj, Ford's attorneys are still pushing for Mark Judge, whom she claims was in the room where the alleged assault occurred, subpoenaed. There will also be security and lawyers present at the table with her.

Raju:

Ford’s team prefers Kavanaugh testify first but agreed she will go first. There can be breaks at 45-minute intervals, and she will have dedicated security and two lawyers at the table with her. Length of senator/outside counsel questioning uncertain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wonder if she really does testify

If they try to postpone at the last minute, REPs need to pull the pin

If the REPs had balls, they would announce the outside counsels will be Trey Gowdy, John Ratcliffe, and Jim Jordan

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What will fire up Republican voters if if Grassley shows some balls, puts an end to this filthy charade, and announces the vote. Period. Do it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Two lawyers, eh? It'll be interesting to see what questions they won't let her answer - which may be another reason why they want the Senators asking the questions and not a female attorney.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Security present at the table? Drama much?

Should have voted last week. This whole charade would have been forgotten in another.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post