SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Delay, delay, delay...
I still don't think she's going to show up and testify.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So now all of the named witnesses deny being at the party and some deny even knowing Kavanagh. And why are we having this testimony on Wednesday? Seems like she is now flirting with perjury.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I actually think she will show up, but she will not testify.

She will walk into the chamber, gasp, and run out. Two hours later her lawyer will hold a press conference detailing how distraught she is and how she will not be able to testify right now. Perhaps in a week.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been noted, yet. If so: Apologies for the repetition.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Perhaps she drove to Hawaii...same as Cory Booker.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The therapists notes she handed over to the Washington Post were partial notes she wanted released. Does it even name the Therapist? Are they real?

I hope Mr.Kavanaugh sues her for defamation. I know his fate as a Supreme Court Justice will have been sealed by then,but maybe he can salvage his name.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
This is where we are now in this country. If idiotic shit like this can stall something as important as a Supreme Court confirmation of an uber-qualified judge with impeccable character, we're in really poor shape. It feels just like the second term election of Obama where I recall Mark Steyn stating that we had just witnessed and unserious election by and unserious electorate. The inmates are running the asylum and I'm not sure anymore what the fix for this will be, but I bet it's something quite harsh.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I've stopped caring. Really...don't effing care. This country is either going to survive this period of dark history where evil rules or it will sink into its own abyss. Either way, there's not a friggin' thing I can do, so I've stopped caring. I just DGAF anymore. If it turns out in "our" favor...AWESOME! If not...I'll learn to slog along until I take my last dying breath.

IDGAF anymore...this is what the current charade has brought me to.

Good luck, Judge Kavanaugh...you don't deserve this in the least bit! Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I am getting really, really tired of getting bitch slapped by these commie assholes, and “our party”, bends over and let’s them do what ever they want, and tries to be understanding. Either they need to stand up and act like you have a pair, or get thrown out of office, and we will find someone who does. The more they act like scared little bitches, the closer they are bringing members of this party to a boiling point, patients has its limits, and we are damn close to going over the line with it.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I am getting really, really tired of getting bitch slapped by these commie assholes, and “our party”, bends over and let’s them do what ever they want, and tries to be understanding. Either they need to stand up and act like you have a pair, or get thrown out of office, and we will find someone who does. The more they act like scared little bitches, the closer they are bringing members of this party to a boiling point, patients has its limits, and we are damn close to going over the line with it.

OTOH, what have they accomplished? When the Ford story broke, it might have been worrisome, but so far, nearly every factual allegation has come up dry, no corroboration whatsoever. Meanwhile, a bunch of loud mouths have been exposed as malevolent fools.

Let’s see what’s next. There will be a next.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ain-about-abuse.html

However, a woman, Leland Ingham Keyser, a former classmate of Ford's at the Holton-Arms all-girls school in Maryland, has since been identified by Ford as a fourth witness at the party. In a dramatic twist, Keyser, who has never been describable as a "boy," emerged Saturday night to say she doesn’t know Kavanaugh or remember being at the party with him.

“Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford,” Keyser's lawyer, Howard J. Walsh III, said in an email to the Senate Judiciary Committee that was obtained by Fox News.

Ford, The Post acknowledged in an article by reporter Emma Brown on Saturday, had told the paper more than a week ago about Keyser and said "she did not think Keyser would remember the party because nothing remarkable had happened there, as far as Keyser was aware."

But The Post did not mention Keyser in its original recounting of Ford's allegations, a bombshell story that has threatened to upend Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation. And the paper did not directly address why Ford had insisted -- both to her therapist and the Post -- that there were "four boys" at the party, apparently without mentioning any girls.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a suggestion, send your frustration to Mitch McConnell

https://www.mcconnell.senate.g...ex.cfm?p=ContactForm

Here is an interview w a Ford lawyer (Lisa Banks)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18...augh-accuser-friend/

delay, delay, delay

keep it in the press. keep stirring up women voters

same strategy as Russia, Russia, Russia

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Delay, delay, delay...
I still don't think she's going to show up and testify.

Even if she shows up in earnest to testify, Spartacus and the rest of his democrat committee members will turn this into a shit show 10 times greater than what we saw several weeks ago. There will be no testimony given even if she does show up. This is about abortion, not sexual assault.

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ain-about-abuse.html

However, a woman, Leland Ingham Keyser, a former classmate of Ford's at the Holton-Arms all-girls school in Maryland, has since been identified by Ford as a fourth witness at the party. In a dramatic twist, Keyser, who has never been describable as a "boy," emerged Saturday night to say she doesn’t know Kavanaugh or remember being at the party with him.

“Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford,” Keyser's lawyer, Howard J. Walsh III, said in an email to the Senate Judiciary Committee that was obtained by Fox News.

Ford, The Post acknowledged in an article by reporter Emma Brown on Saturday, had told the paper more than a week ago about Keyser and said "she did not think Keyser would remember the party because nothing remarkable had happened there, as far as Keyser was aware."

But The Post did not mention Keyser in its original recounting of Ford's allegations, a bombshell story that has threatened to upend Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation. And the paper did not directly address why Ford had insisted -- both to her therapist and the Post -- that there were "four boys" at the party, apparently without mentioning any girls.

This is most telling. Two females at the party, something happens like this to one and the other has no knowledge? No way.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Ford will not testify, ever. She has nothing to say that she has not said, and what she has said is not enough to stop an otherwise eminently qualified candidate for the Supreme Court.

She will, however, delay-- endlessly. That is the name of the game they are playing. And we'll see how the Republicans respond.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This is most telling. Two females at the party, something happens like this to one and the other has no knowledge? No way.

Not to mention she denies even KNOWING or SEEING Kavanaugh, EVER.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“WASHINGTON (AP) — Plans to hold a high-stakes hearing next week with testimony from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, teetered with uncertainty Sunday as a Senate panel scrambled to resolve potentially make-or-break details, such as potential witnesses who could corroborate her decades-old sexual assault claim.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said lawyers for Ford are contesting two GOP conditions of the proposed 10 a.m. Thursday hearing — that Ford and Kavanaugh will be the only witnesses and that an independent counsel will ask the questions.

“If they continue to contest those two things, there won’t be a hearing,” Graham said. “We’re not going to let her determine how many people we call” and on outside counsel. “I hope she comes.” …”

https://apnews.com/ca62798d66554461876a42cceb6eac19

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Hirono (D-HI)

“Frankly I have such concerns about this person getting to the Supreme Court. Maryland has eliminated the Statutes of limitations for kidnapping and for sexual assault of a minor and I think that is still out there.

And so there may be an investigation along those lines. I think this is a situation that will not go away.”

https://www.breitbart.com/vide...-if-he-is-confirmed/

Hirono's "performances" in the confirmation process have been among the worse.

(Acknowledging that "the worse" includes just about all the DEMs on the Sen Judiciary Comm)

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think she will flake out at the last minute and come up with another excuse as to why she can’t appear in DC.

These Republicans better had tell her that she’s been given something like 6 “deadlines” now and that she’s done, they are holding their vote immediately.

Posts: 34074 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post