SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The loony left is getting even loonier. I personally screen captured this Planned Parenthood Tweet off their Twitter Feed:

Here's a better version:

Aborted babies are red
Dead babies are blue
Senators vote YES on #Kavanaugh
Or else we're coming for you

#StopPlannedParenthood

Sorry for the grossness, but that organization sickens me to no end, and the fact that I am forced to fund them or go to prison is criminal!

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
DF receives CBF letter.

Does a bit of investigation.

Realizes it's not credible. Now what?

We can still use it as stalling and smear tactic.

Therefore she holds onto the letter.

Is this possible?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Manu Raju tweet

Sen. Manchin, leaving briefing, would not say which way he was leaning. He said he still needed to finish reviewing the report, saying he planned to go back tomorrow between 9a-10a. He said he made it about halfway through the material.

“Heidi made her decision, I’ll make mine.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manchin is the only undecided DEM

sounds like the report is quite long

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The loony left is getting even loonier. I personally screen captured this Planned Parenthood Tweet off their Twitter Feed:

Sorry, PPA. Senators aren't unborn babies. They can fight back.

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

The rebuttal.

Nice!

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The left is stepping up their game, that's the hottest protester I have ever seen Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

The rebuttal.

LMMFAO!

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Pocahontas was at the rally today, spewing hate speech and preaching false rhetoric. Part of me actually enjoys the fact that this is heating up and the left is so exposing themselves. The battle lines are becoming more clear and I hope they suffer in November.

From the Indian:

Warren also took aim at the Republican men on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I watched 11 men -- powerful men -- try to help another powerful man make it to another powerful position,” the Democratic senator said. “This is about hijacking our Democracy.”

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice wrap up. Time to confirm Judge Kavanaugh.
quote:
Senate Republican Leaders EXPLOSIVE Press Conference on Kavanaugh Confirmation after FBI Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5bogm15OUk

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13492 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's a perfect response...

Posts: 24290 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:...the Democratic senator said. “This is about hijacking our Democracy.”

I truly wish that opponents, talking heads, and whoever else would start confronting these commie bastards on them continually referring to the United States as a democracy.

It pisses me off to no end, and they are doing it for very well planned out reason. Goebbels knew it.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Times are a chaingin’ aint they... It almost seems that Trumps caricature of Ford the other night actually helped the cause, despite the MSM’s immediate pounce on it. Pick up a few more seats in November, then wait for Ruth Buzzy to move along. Then find another Constitutionalist to appoint.

Then start taking this Great Nation back a step at a time.

We learned long ago not to discount The President. His batting average is outstanding.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Graham said is there is a supreme court opening in Trump's last year, he would hold it open until after the next election. Screw that. If Ruth Bader Ginsburg keels over, which she may do at any second, I say fill that seat while we can.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
They're talking about holding a preliminary vote on Friday, and a roll-call vote on the weekend. Why the preliminary vote?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're talking about holding a preliminary vote on Friday, and a roll-call vote on the weekend. Why the preliminary vote?

Remember the old filibuster rule, where you needed 60 votes to confirm a justice? The vote Friday is called a "cloture" vote, it is to cut off debate and allow the vote to take place. Now it takes only 50 to get a cloture vote. The cloture vote is a relic of the filibuster.

Posts: 18364 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Hatch - "Why don't you grow up!"

"...How dare you.." Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpsuUdYoyw

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sen. Richard 'Stolen Valor' Blumenthal: The FBI is Complicit in a Kavanaugh Cover-up, Or Something!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...r-something-n2525538

Please take a moment to reacquaint yourself with the fact that Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) -- the man who's been preening about the importance of comprehensive honesty in recent days -- spent his entire political career lying to voters about serving in a war. Then he got caught. Then he got re-elected. With that in mind, watch as he casually sullies the FBI's updated background investigation into Judge Kavanaugh because he's bitter that it didn't serve the partisan outcome he sought:

"I have seen it and I want to re-read parts of it, but my very emphatic opinion is that this set of interviews is at best, most charitably, woefully incomplete. To put it bluntly, it smacks of a whitewash, even a cover up."

– Sen. Richard Blumenthalhttps://on.msnbc.com/2yg85aX
2:06 PM - Oct 4, 2018
Sen. Blumenthal: FBI report on Judge Kavanaugh is ‘woefully incomplete’

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is pushing ahead with a critical test vote on Judge Kavanaugh's nomination tomorrow - setting the stage for what could be confirmation as soon as this weekend....
msnbc.com

2,401 people are talking about this

The evidence for this supposed "cover up" can be found right next to Blumenthal's Vietnam War records, and in the same drawer as all the corroboration of the accusations against Judge Kavanaugh. Meanwhile, with other Democrats echoing this pathetic, predictable talking point, here's the other half of Hillary Clinton's failed ticket declaring the Bureau's work a "complete sham," clutching pearls over the fact that it took a mere five days to complete:

Tim Kaine

@timkaine
· 6h

This so-called “investigation” is a complete sham.

Tim Kaine

@timkaine

This process was wrapped up in just *5 days,* despite the many witnesses pleading to share relevant information who were ignored by the FBI.
12:33 PM - Oct 4, 2018

1,024 people are talking about this

Goodness gracious, the Bad Faithers bellow, this only took five days!? Are these people hoping that no one will remember their own arguments from just a few days ago? Senate Democrats put out a press release on September 23 demanding FBI involvement in the Kavanaugh matter. Part of the precedent they eagerly cited was the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas background probe, conducted in 1991. Setting aside substantive differences between the two situations, the Democrats' missive included these lines:

"It Only Took the FBI Three Days to Complete Their Investigation of Professors Anita Hill’s Allegations of Sexual Harassment so The FBI Has Ample Time to Investigate Dr. Ford’s Allegations...On the same day that President George W. Bush received this request, the White House Counsel directed the FBI to investigate, which then produced a report only three days later to the Senate, prior to the Judiciary Committee’s second round of hearings on the nomination.

They meant George H.W. Bush, of course, but facts and accuracy aren't exactly paramount these days. Meanwhile, here's Schumer on September 26th, dismissing Republican concerns that an FBI probe would amount to a serious delay: "We haven't heard one actual reason why there shouldn't be an FBI investigation. Will it slow it down? It will take only a few days." To recap, the Democrats argued that the FBI alone could do this job. The Judiciary Committee could not. Letters from fact witnesses, submitted under penalty of perjury, were insufficient. It was the Bureau, or bust. Republicans, worried about another delay tactic, noted that an updated background check wouldn't be a full-scale criminal probe, and would simply gather statements -- which is exactly what happened in 1991. Never fear, Democrats replied, it'll be very short. And the FBI knows what they're doing.

And now, like clockwork, they're pulling a transparently cynical and partisan about-face. It only lasted a few days! They didn't interview all the hearsay "witnesses" we wanted them to! This is a sham! These people are dishonorable and not to be trusted. They got what they wanted, at least in theory; what they actually wanted, however, was a blow to Kavanaugh's viability. When the FBI failed to serve up their preferred partisan result, they howled and threw the Bureau under the bus -- after weeks of loudly insisting that only the Bureau could perform this task. Now, of a sudden, the FBI is part of a conspiratorial Trumpian cover-up, or whatever. And all of this is coming from the party that sat on Dr. Ford's uncorroborated accusation for two months, then leaked it against her wishes, at an opportune partisan moment. Shameless.

By the way, the White House instructed the FBI to interview whomever they saw fit. The FBI saw fit to question numerous witnesses, including key fact witnesses endlessly mentioned by Democrats. Mark Judge reportedly spent three hours with agents. They didn't question Kavanaugh or Ford because each of them had put their entire accounts on the record in lengthy public testimony just a few days prior, including lengthy Q&A sessions. They didn't interview people with no direct knowledge of the alleged incidents in question. They did their job, and Democrats are furious. I'll leave you with a crucial GOP Senator calling the process "thorough," and a CNN anchor (and Obama alum) shrugging that being accused of organizing a gang rape cult -- with Senate Democrats explicitly amplifying and legitimizing that outlandish, unverified, and dismantled claim -- is just part of the normal political process:

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why aren't those people clubbed like baby seals and dragged out of the building if they can't be civil?

how did they get into the building in the first place?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
how long did the dems investigate Ellison before they deemed it to be of no consequence?

that was what, about 20 minutes at most

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

Remember the old filibuster rule, where you needed 60 votes to confirm a justice? The vote Friday is called a "cloture" vote, it is to cut off debate and allow the vote to take place. Now it takes only 50 to get a cloture vote. The cloture vote is a relic of the filibuster.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post