SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When my wife and I have discussed this ongoing saga, I have said that this was the hill worth dying for, but more accurately this is the hill worth fighting for, because the Democrats have shown that even incremental good faith efforts that Grassley made(and Flake's) were never going to be reciprocated, now or in the future.

I also saw a comment that any other Republican administration would have folded way earlier, and that was the big miscalculation, that this time, it would be business as usual......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1549 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Delusional implies that she believes it herself, though it is false. That's entirely possible.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Ford threw friends under the bus. It's strange, Kavanaugh had hundreds of friends, co-workers and colleagues come out to attest to his integrity, but the only people supporting Ford were strangers; activists, politicians, and lawyers. I'm convinced Feinstein and others basically conned Ford into being a hired victim, convincing her that they will beat Trump and Kavanaugh.

Ford is just another castoff in a long line of collateral damage for the Commie Cause.

This.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Link

Heitkamp voting NO on Kavanaugh.

That's one pickup this fall.
It looks real bad for her in her re-election bid, so now she is free to vote her "conscience", even though we all know she doesn't have one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Heitkamp <-------------- Heitkamp flips and flops like a mullet on a hot seawall.

Posts: 16186 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That meme is hilariously true ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have never watched MSNBC, except for funny youtube clips. But on today's Morning Joe show, they said some surprising things, like how the media and Democrats went over the line.

"MSNBC’s Thursday “Morning Joe” panel said President Donald Trump’s “constant assault” against the media is working and is changing hearts and minds across the country.

“The one thing we can document and you can document it any number of ways is the president’s constant assault on the media, fake news, has really, really worked. It has sunk in all across the country,” said “Morning Joe” regular Mike Barnicle.

“There’s been a series of stories about the Supreme Court appointment that have appeared on television and in newspapers that have caused, I think, a lot of Americans in this polarized political atmosphere of ours to stop, pause and say, ‘Hey, this is just a bit too much,'” he added.

Co-host Mika Brzezinski also accused her media colleagues of being too emotional and said they’re letting their opinions override the truth. “It’s not supposed to be how reporters feel and how media analysts feel at this point in a case like this,” Brzezinski said. “And it’s not even a case yet, although the FBI is looking into it. It’s a hearing. It’s a job interview.”

Brzezinski also said Kavanaugh’s demeanor does not make him guilty of sexual assault.

“And what we saw and what I think is playing into this blowback you’re talking about is a lot of members of the media reacting emotionally,” she said. “Like, for example, did Brett Kavanaugh feel like maybe he was lying? Did it feel like maybe he was lying about drinking? Did it seem like maybe he was lying about blacking out? Did he seem like he was kind of a jerk? Did it seem like he was overly aggressive? Yes, sure, but that does not mean he did it.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/1...t-media-morning-joe/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No minds have been changed in the production of this made for cable TV reality show.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Indeed quite accurate. Since I am away from a TV screen most of the time I have not been subjected to the circus. It reminds me of the OJ Simpson soap opera.

Posts: 17502 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I think they realize just how far off the rails they went and are trying to salvage some sort of respect. Way too late for that assholes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39264 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Yea, no kidding. They were calling for Kavenaugh's head from day 1.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Planet of the Apes is airing on FoxNews right now

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Flake is still trying to be relevant. I think he knows his vote no longer matters.

So Coons And Flake were joined at the hip talking about bi-partisanship and Congress working together. Now that Flake has stated that the FBI investigation was thorough, and I presume he will vote for Kavanaugh, and anyone with a brain knows Ford is lying, where is his little buddy Coons on the vote now? Party line vote huh!

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Co-host Mika Brzezinski also accused her media colleagues of being too emotional and said they’re letting their opinions override the truth.

You don't say....
Hello, kettle... this is pot...
Why would anyone with half a brain watch “Morning Joe”? It's all just emotional gobbledygook.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The DEMs unmercifully attacked Brett Kavanaugh that his yearbook reference to "Devils Triangle" meant sex between 2 men and a woman.

Judge Kavanaugh kept saying it was a drinking game.

seen on a Guy Benson tweet

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
With Heitkamp saying she will vote No on Kavanaugh, it sounds like Schumer is doing his "cost/benefit" calculations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.54c2ceb62764

"As Sen. Charles E. Schumer pondered the judicial nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh, the New York Democrat could barely contain his anger. He viewed the choice as “among the most political in history” and could not think of another nominee “more designed to divide us.”
Schumer was not talking about President Trump’s nomination of Kavanaugh to be a Supreme Court justice. It was 2004, and Schumer helped lead the Democrats’ questioning of Kavanaugh to move from the George W. Bush White House to a federal circuit judgeship. Schumer and his Democratic colleagues cast him as an extreme conservative and were so effective that they blocked Kavanaugh’s nomination for three years.
Now, however, as Kavanaugh prepares for his Tuesday confirmation hearing, Democrats are still searching for a strategy that could stop his ascension to the highest court. Schumer said in an interview that his concerns from 2004 “are still the case” and have only grown as a result of Kavanaugh’s judicial rulings for 12 years.

“He has a very nice smile, but an inch below the surface, he is a hard-right warrior,” Schumer said in an interview.
Then, as now, Kavanaugh symbolizes to Democrats how partisanship has overwhelmed the process for judicial nominations. Trump’s selection of him to fill the seat vacated by Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, for whom Kavanaugh once served as a clerk, underscores a long-standing Republican goal to infuse the federal courts with judges who will strictly interpret the Constitution and seal the high court’s conservative direction on issues such as abortion and regulations."

Eat it Chucky, just eat it. If it gets cold, reheat it..
Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it!
--- apologies to Weird Al Yankovich

Posts: 16186 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I'm looking forward to seeing the mascara running down their little pouty faces on Saturday when Kavanaugh is confirmed. I hope it is as much fun as the night Hillary lost the 2016 election.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:

Soylent Green?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently columnist Bret Stephens is a Nevertrumper Neocon, but today's column titled "For Once, I'm Grateful For Trump" was run at The New York Times. They actually had the balls to print this.

quote:
For the first time since Donald Trump entered the political fray, I find myself grateful that he’s in it. I’m reluctant to admit it and astonished to say it, especially since the president mocked Christine Blasey Ford in his ugly and gratuitous way at a rally on Tuesday. Perhaps it’s worth unpacking this admission for those who might be equally astonished to read it.

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/1...ord-allegations.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Joe DiGenova on Hannity last night:

"I know that you don't share this and a lot of people at Fox don't but I actually believe that Dr. Ford fabricated her testimony. I think she's delusional. "

"But the American people have to understand, and this is a new Democratic Party.

This is not your mother's Democratic Party or your grandmother's, this is a party of anarchists and communists. The Democratic Party has become the party of the far left and they will do anything to get power back. "

well said

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let's get it all.

- Put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court
- Gain in the Senate
- Hold onto the House
- Prosecute the crap out of the lying scumbags who have framed Brett Kavanaugh
Let's all follow President Trump's lead on this and call it the "Democrat" party--there is nothing remotely "democratic" about it....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Apparently columnist Bret Stephens is a Nevertrumper Neocon, but today's column titled "For Once, I'm Grateful For Trump" was run at The New York Times. They actually had the balls to print this.

quote:
For the first time since Donald Trump entered the political fray, I find myself grateful that he’s in it. I’m reluctant to admit it and astonished to say it, especially since the president mocked Christine Blasey Ford in his ugly and gratuitous way at a rally on Tuesday. Perhaps it’s worth unpacking this admission for those who might be equally astonished to read it.

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/1...ord-allegations.html

No shit, dumbfuck. Welcome to 2016....you're a little late Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:

I'm looking forward to seeing the mascara running down their little pouty faces on Saturday when Kavanaugh is confirmed. I hope it is as much fun as the night Hillary lost the 2016 election.

God Bless our Capital Police and the antics they tolerate at work. I hope the cops are able to buy their wife and children something nice for Christmas with all that overtime they are making.

Posts: 499 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post