SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
One more giant middle finger to liberalism.

'Merica! Let's all hoist one tonight!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this thread may be stickied once it starts to fade as a reminder of what took place these last few weeks and the fight still to come?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is there a date for the swearing in?

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I wish I could take Susan Collins out for pizza and beer to celebrate.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2415 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad.it is over. Democrats reminded me of an out house in a tornado. Shit flying everywhere and not sticky to anything.

Posts: 7028 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Gorsuch doesn’t have to be door monitor anymore? Smile

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is there a date for the swearing in?

Trump said he will sign the commission tonight. There are two oaths to take. I have no word on when those sre scheduled. Maybe the one at the court will be Tuesday.

Just announced likely Monday afternoon with CJ and Justice Kennedy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Last night it was Sam Adams Oktoberfest, tonight will be celebrating with this awesome beer in honor of Justice Kavanaugh! Live long and prosper, Sir!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I have a beer left over from the last batch of chili I made back in January or February...I think I will crack it open in honor of the new Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court!

Very Poetic!

HK Ag

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So. What's the tally?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
I applaud and congratulate the U.S. Senate for confirming our GREAT NOMINEE, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, to the United States Supreme Court. Later today, I will sign his Commission of Appointment, and he will be officially sworn in. Very exciting!

Is he getting sworn in today?? Spiking the football!!!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
So. What's the tally?

50-48

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2722 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I just enjoyed a Kavarita, but will pivot to a Kavanaugh Modelo Especiale next !!

Thank you President Trump!!!!

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
So. What's the tally?

50-48

Yeah. I just had to hear it again. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
My sister (bless her heart) has threatened to move ot Canada. Again.
Will you be helping her to pack?

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post