SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What really bothers me is that 95% of the American people ought to know that this is a partisan smear campaign. But they don't. Why is Lindsey Graham the only one willing to stand up to the rest of the Senate and say so?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Ann Coulter's column today Big Grin

quote:
...By the media’s account, Kavanaugh was a bounder, a brawler and a drunk. And yet he still managed to graduate at the top of his class, go to Yale, then to Yale Law and work in the highest positions in government.

I am in awe of his manliness. Hemingway has nothing on this guy! He should be our president. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln after being told Ulysses S. Grant was a drunk, let’s find out what Kavanaugh drank and send a barrel of it to every college student.

At least the Democrats seem to have moved on from the Crazy Ladies Who Must Be Believed...

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...r-whatever-it-takes/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
They will toss this pajama boy under the bus without reward or compassion in a New York minute...pretty much the same with Blasey-Ford. The Dems will toss their "own" into the dung heap if it suits them and prevents negative press (unless you are a clinton or a kennedy).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Fox reporting the FBI report will be ready tomorrow morning. Reed it, then vote Friday.

That's more time than healthcare Bill's got.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

That's more time than healthcare Bill's got.

Maybe we can go all Pelosi on the Dem's: You have to pass it in order to know what's in it!

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I really think we are soon gonna see this ford wench go completely sybil on us
the guilt has to be a metric shit-ton

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1327 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go! According to Hannity, McConnell has filed for cloture!

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
just one copy of the FBI report

Only one copy is being made available to senators, and each party will take turns viewing it in one-hour increments, Durbin said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...n-kavanaugh-thursday

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
WaPo just published a letter written by Connie Chung. Roll Eyes

So let me get this straight. Young Connie, in her 20s, goes to her doctor and he (allegedly) fondled her during a pelvic exam and she didn't stop him until he'd (allegedly) given her an orgasm? Roll Eyes

Hmmm...yeah...OK then. And of course she said nothing about it to any authority figure until fifty years later and the man is dead.

Connie Chung is a piece of shit.

About twenty years ago when I was working in the ER, the phone rang one evening. I picked it up and heard on the other end, "This is Connie Chung and I'm bringing in (a relative) who has (this injury) and we need to be seen immediately. I told her, "Well ma'am, we're awfully busy tonight, but we'll assess (her relative) when you get here and make that determination at the time." Her response was, "I don't think you understand, I'm Connie Chung!". The best response that I could think of at the time was, "No ma'am, it's you who doesn't understand, we'll see you when you get here." Click...hmmmmmmmmm.

She was more of a bitch when they arrived then she was on the phone.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
They will toss this pajama boy under the bus without reward or compassion in a New York minute...pretty much the same with Blasey-Ford. The Dems will toss their "own" into the dung heap if it suits them and prevents negative press (unless you are a clinton or a kennedy).

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
watching McConnell on C SPAN-2

Speaking in the senate

I think it is live but C SPAN fools me from time to time

McConnell says the DEMs now claim Kavanaugh is unfit because he stood up for himself

He says they drug him thru the mud, and now complain that he got testy.

McConnell has filed for cloture

vote to limit debate likely Friday

Senate confirmation may be Saturday

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Graham: "I've never seen the Republican Party so united!"

Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

And we will kick ass in the midterms.

Feinstein is a gift. Blumenthal is a gift. Booker is a gift.

Thank you, Democrats! You are an armful of gifts-- scummy, power-mad, corrupt-- but a heaping armful of gifts. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It says McConnell has filed cloture motion now. A cloture vote will be probably on Friday.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant no offense in posting the link to the Connie Chung story. I’m just amazed as I watch this circus unfold that there’s always another clown in the Dem’a little car.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
watching McConnell on C SPAN-2

Speaking in the senate

I think it is live but C SPAN fools me from time to time

McConnell says the DEMs now claim Kavanaugh is unfit because he stood up for himself

He says they drug him thru the mud, and now complain that he got testy.

McConnell has filed for cloture

vote to limit debate likely Friday

Senate confirmation may be Saturday

That was tape from this morning. The scroll announcing the cloture motion was current I believe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Schumer talking now. Says Kavanaugh hurt himself by his political speech at the hearing.

Schumer complaining about Donald Trump's mockery of Christine Ford.

Schumer is so full of shit. Christine Ford is a liar.

Schumer said the FBI investigation was demanded by the 3 Republicans, not the Democrats.

Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Since the report is supposed to be private, will we start seeing fake reports on the internet?

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It says McConnell has filed cloture motion now. A cloture vote will be probably on Friday.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Would love to see Chuck U Schumer forced to eat the shit he shovels.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16327 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Some of these charges carry max sentences in the 5 to 20 yr range

worst ones look like

18 USC 1512(b)(3)
18 USC 1028(a)(7)
DC Code 22-801(B)
Sentences in the federal system are based on both the crime(s), and the criminal history of the defendant. Since it's unlikely this guy has any real criminal history. So, assuming he gets convicted of something, unless the judge were to give him an variant sentence, he's unlikely to be anywhere near the max. He might even be eligible for probation.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post