SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
ford lawyers latest move

From everything I have read, the extension of the FBI interviews was never intended to include Ford and Kavanaugh.

Many, many people just assumed they would.

No problem.

How about tomorrow at 9AM? Fine, see you then.

Then,

Ok, here we are. Ready for the interview?

Good. Now, do you have the documents Sen. Grassley wanted?

May we see them?

Thank you. These look ok. Thanks for coming in. If there are more questions, we’ll be in touch.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Anyone hoping for anything more than Kavanaugh being confirmed is in for a real disappointment.

Right now that's all I want.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
lbj,

way back around pages 143/144, you asked who Brian Merrick was.

CNN has told us. Merrick is the Ford boyfriend who wrote the letter regarding Christine Ford preparing Monica McLean for a polygraph.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03...polygraph/index.html

Friend of Kavanaugh accuser disputes polygraph controversy

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I can dig it, but do we really want Republicans leaking the FBI report at a time when it would be nice to nail Diane Feinstein to the barnyard door for leaking Ford's letter?

I strongly suspect she doesn't want it leaked at all.

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Anyone hoping for anything more than Kavanaugh being confirmed is in for a real disappointment.

Right now that's all I want.

#metoo

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for people to get in real trouble and I think they should. But it’s not going to happen. Kavanaugh getting confirmed is enough payback for me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WaPo just published a letter written by Connie Chung. Roll Eyes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...T9Hg?ocid=spartandhp

Posts: 1364 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
ford lawyers latest move

No problem.

How about tomorrow at 9AM? Fine, see you then.

Then,

Ok, here we are. Ready for the interview?

Good. Now, do you have the documents Sen. Grassley wanted?

May we see them?

Thank you. These look ok. Thanks for coming in. If there are more questions, we’ll be in touch.

Freaking A
Take all the emotion out and play truth or dare
Outstanding!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1327 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:

And why do we care? I haven't read it or have any desire to read it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Remember, trust Trump and Cocaine Mitch to get this done, or do everything they can to make it happen.

Wanking about what <insert washed up / has been / unimportant person name> did / said / emailed / tweeted / etc is a waste of time.

And the most important thing - get ready for 06 November.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Trying to be relevant when you're less than irrelevant. Yeah, we don't GAF.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Trying to be relevant when you're less than irrelevant. Yeah, we don't GAF.

Seriously, it's been at least ten years since I heard the name Connie Chung. Go away, lady.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"But, but, didn't that creepy David Letterman used to have like a thing for her? Maybe she's, like, got something reeeeally important to say!"

Connie, you were boring when I was a kid and saw you on KTVU Channel 2, you were boring when you "rocked out" to "Still The One" for the ad, and you're boring as hell now. Go find something to do with yourself.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Didn't everybody Wang Chung back then?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a moth to a flame, I skimmed it.

Here's the summary: My doctor touched my 50 years ago, that means Dr. Ford is telling the truth. Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone here is hoping Kavanaugh does not get the nomination. I think there is a better than not chance he will. I think the sooner they vote the better the chance is. McConnell sets the vote and sticks with it. Tell Collins, Murkowski and the rest of them it is what it is now. No more delaying and they have no more deals to offer them. Time for them to make their decision time for them to stand on their own.

Lets say Kavanaugh don't make it. He is now a private citizen. And a very dangerous one for Ford and everyone who was involved in orchestrating this lynching. He applies all his brilliance, talent, connections and knowledge into exposing these people who destroyed him and his family. I don't think it would take much digging by any private investigators that Kavanaugh surely must know to peel back some pretty big layers of this. Much of it looks to be right on the surface.

It would be like the legal version of Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen.
Would we trade Kavanaugh not making it through the process in exchange for the destruction of these liars and part of the democratic party and most likely put a stop to this kind of shit forever?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the most important thing - get ready for 06 November

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03...om&utm_medium=social

In July 2018, DEMs had a 10 point advantage regarding voters who said the November elections were "very important."

Now, that is down to 2 points, a statistical tie.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let's get it all.

- Put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court
- Gain in the Senate
- Hold onto the House
- Prosecute the crap out of the lying scumbags who have framed Brett Kavanaugh

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

Wow, an NPR poll. Hold the presses...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Nobody gets nailed for leaking anything in DC.
Slight correction for the sake of accuracy. At this point more than ever, there are two distinctly different sets of laws in this country where the presumed elites have 'zero' accountability.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Re: the perjury trap article, does it make me a bad person that my reaction is, “Great, keep building a case quietly, hold the vote, confirm Justice Kavanaugh, massacre the DemonRats in November, then prosecute her for perjury and wring as much as you can out of her to burn Feinstein, her lawyers, and all related operators possible at stake.”

Sure, we can’t literally burn anyone at stake anymore, nor boil them in oil, nor tar and feather them, nor run them out of town on a rail (all appropriate treatments for the scum running this circus, including those in the media), but it would sure be nice if we could destroy them with a high tech lynching and any legal prosecution possible. Maybe if we could really make it hurt they’d be less likely to pull this kind of nonsense again.

Ah, wishful thinking...

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post