SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Some really (more) bizarre allegations will surface once again between now and the vote as a last minute Hail Mary by Democrats. Even Elvis will probably provide an appearance..

Posts: 1458 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was going to drop the Monica McLean angle until something more came up, but Conservative Treehouse caught something in the hearing video.

When Christine Ford first arrived for the hearing with her two lawyers, CT thinks Monica McLean was with them. That looks like her besides the lawyer Katz.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...vote-later-this-week

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell late Wednesday night filed for cloture to end debate on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination, setting up a key procedural vote for Friday -- and a possible confirmation vote as early as Saturday.

McConnell also revealed that the Senate would receive the FBI's supplemental background investigation into Kavanaugh Wednesday night.

Two senators, both of whom are members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Fox News that they've been instructed to plan for a vote on Sunday.

Sources previously told Fox News that Senators and some aides would be able to start looking at the FBI’s background investigation on Thursday morning and that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would be given the first chance to look at the report.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wonder how long this FBI report is. For some of the people, it might just say they stand by their earlier submission, and have nothing to add.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
I’m just amazed as I watch this circus unfold that there’s always another clown in the Dem’a little car.

There's money in being one of them thar shills. She hasn't had a prominent program in a while, has she?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
White House says that there is no corroborating evidence of sexual misconduct in the latest FBI background report on Judge Kavanaugh.

But of course we all already knew that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
*yawn*

Let’s get ol’ Brett fitted for his robe and move on. The dems can then move onto the next thing to cry about.

Posts: 5078 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
What if the waffling RINOs don't vote for Cloture?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

The thing is, would McConnell have called for cloture so fast if he didn't have the votes? I think he has the votes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I think he has the votes, which is why the commies have started to bitch about Trumps taxes again. They have to keep the hate alive for their hordes.when ever they are about to lose on something, they always misdirect to something else to keep their group looking at the shining ball.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If the nomination is confirmed on a Sunday, will anyone beyond political junkies and the media actually notice?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
If the nomination is confirmed on a Sunday, will anyone beyond political junkies and the media actually notice?
Justice Kavanaugh will. Big Grin

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:

They’ll spend a few days bitching about it then move on to the next fake outrage.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3455 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps the old hag RBG will lock up like a hookers heart and we will get a two-fer?

And I will throw away the cork on a bottle of 18 yr. old single malt

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1327 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Then they nominate him again or someone else.

The dems goal is impeachment so they need the senate. There are a half dozen senators in red states that have to sway independent voters. My prediction is he makes it without the help of pence. They cant risk not having and the senate and losing the SC. The timing on this was perfectly played and this chirade had made the dems look worse.

Enjoy the winning.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8231 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chad Pergram (Fox)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can't believe I am so slow.

I kept thinking that when Ford talked about "beach friends", she was talking about California people.

But she was actually in Rehoboth Beach Delaware

Undercover Huber made the possible connection.

Is Monica McLean one of her "beach friends" that gave her advice ?

from the hearing:

Why did you contact Wash Post on July 6th ?

Ford: people were giving me advice on the beach. People who don't know about the processes, but they were giving me advice

reminder Monica McLean's house is 2 miles from the Blasey property in Rehoboth Beach

Who advised you to contact senators or the NYT ?

Ford: Beach friends

and from Undercover Huber also:

If Monica McLean is the "lifelong best friend" of Dr. Ford, and McLean hasn't submitted a sworn statement to the Senate supporting Ford's story...

...That means Dr. Ford knew a 24yr veteran of the FBI/DOJ and didn't ever confide in *her* about Kavanaugh?

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

I still don't understand why she wasn't pressed further on that lame ass ambiguous answer...

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:

I still don't understand why she wasn't pressed further on that lame ass ambiguous answer...

Because she is the fragile victim you are not allowed to ask any questions that may make her the least bit uncomfortable or has the potential to contradict some of her accusations.

She has shown incredible bravery and courage to come forward so please, please be respectful!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:

Yes....
Do you know the names of any of your "Beach friends"? Have you had contact with any of them either in person, or by phone or text, when you weren't at the beach? Is Monica McLean one of your "Beach friends"?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
how about

"Are any of your beach friends here today ?"

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
There has been an amazing convergence of George Bush-linked #NeverTrump neocons, (often former Democrats), and ordinary Trump-supporting conservatives around the issue of supporting Kavanaugh. The rift there is closing....

The Wall Street Journal, which had been a bastion of #NeverTrumpery for a long time, has a terrific powerhouse editorial speaking of the uniting of the right over Kavanaugh because of what this Kavanaugh struggle is really about, concluding:

The media sometimes profess to be puzzled that more than 80% of Republicans across the country tell pollsters they support Mr. Trump despite his personal flaws. The Never Conservatives are the reason, and the assault on Judge Kavanaugh is the latest showcase of their methods. Republicans have figured out that if the left can willfully, even gleefully, destroy a man as distinguished as Brett Kavanaugh, they can and will do it to any conservative who threatens their grip on power.

Republicans are well aware of Mr. Trump’s excesses and falsehoods. But they have also come to understand that the resistance to him isn’t rooted in principle or some august call to superior character. They know Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite her history of deceit. Voters know this is about the left’s will to power by any means necessary.

Republicans across America can see, and certainly their Senators voting on Judge Kavanaugh should realize, that the left hates them as much or more than they loathe Mr. Trump. Conservatives understand that, for the American left, they are all deplorables now.

And that would explain a lot of the emerging Republican enthusiasm that Democrats are noticing. It makes sense, because the Journal and likely the #NeverTrumps must recall that Kavanaugh was a Bush guy - not part of Trump's New York menagerie, and not a Bannon creature, as the Journal disdainfully notes, and to their credit, they stuck with him. Even President Bush lobbied for him. Up until Democrats realized he would sail through confirmation, he was also seen as a nice guy, a niceness that tended to make voters of all stripes sympathetic. Yet Democrats were stupid enough to test that niceness with their series of character-assassination stunts, not realizing he, too, despite his Bushie credentials, could Go Trump on them and fight back too. The fightback united all sides - Trumpsters, #NeverTrumps, voters and pols -- putting Democrats on their backfoot and many of them know it.

As Sen. Lindsey Graham noted in the finest moment of his political career (and up until then, he was hardly a Trumpster): "Boy, you all want power. God, I hope you never get it." Democrats these days may just be watching this nightmarish condemnation come to life.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...e.html#ixzz5Sy7ECK3f

Unite the Right!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post