SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Look at Booker and his epic Spartacus moment. I think he was bucking for an Oscar or an Emmy. And he said Kavanaugh over reacted, huh?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Something tells me the Dem's will be like a cat following a laser pointer really soon (and all but forget about Kavanaugh) when Ruth Buzzy kicks and President Trump puts up another Conservative judge for the court. The chaos and meltdown at that point should be epic.

This doesn’t feel like “chaos and meltdown?!?”
Yes, but it hasn't reached 'epic' status. Ruth Buzzy's demise is going to throwh 1/3 of this country completely over the edge and into mass psychosis, the likes we've never seen before. Stay tuned....
I'll bring the popcorn! (And can contribute a few guns and ammo, if needed....)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Was just hearing Hannity state Feinstein doesn't want the FBI findings to be made public.

Now I wonder why that could be, things that make you say "hmmm."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14065 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Was just hearing Hannity state Feinstein doesn't want the FBI findings to be made public.

Nope. This friggen WITCH doesn't want him to be exonerated in public, they WANT to have him have a pall over him forever. Frown

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Collins has said publicly that Swetnick needs to be questioned for her to vote 'yes'.

And after she is questioned, then what will it take?
It is becoming apparent that Collins will never be satisfied.

Well... maybe she and Lisa Murkowski should be invited to the White House for dinner...
Trump may be able to satisfy persuade them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24276 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't buy into this crap that the Republicans will get crushed in November if Kavanaugh does not get nominated. It's time to vote and see who stands with them dems. The entire Republican voting block is not going to punish Trump for what a few Rino's do they will remember the Rino's when their time is up.

I think the Dems in tight red state races will lose either way they vote on Kavanaugh.

It's time to flesh this out.If Kavanaugh don't make it that will be tragic but next up.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

It's time to flesh this out.If Kavanaugh don't make it that will be tragic but next up.

Bullshit! Mad

"next up"?

Next up will be Kavanugh on steroids.

No, it's time to knock these GDC's back on their asses for this and let them know they wont be "Kavanaughing" the next one.

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Nope. This friggen WITCH doesn't want him to be exonerated in public, they WANT to have him have a pall over him forever. Frown

Her statement on this:
quote:
"It would seem to me that if people are going to be identified, this ought to be held very close."

But McConnell also backs this up, confirming that the report will be seen only by Senators.

In this American Thinker piece, it is suggested that McConnell is going to use the report as leverage against those committee members that might have been exposed in the report, but also Ford and her lawyers as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:...
Bullshit! Mad

"next up"?

No, it's time to knock these GDC's back on their asses for this and let them know they wont be "Kavanaughing" the next one.

Yep.

I am not OK with the level taken to destroy this man for the lust of power.

He is a single man that is "all of us who oppose the GDCs", put yourself in his place, because if they are not stopped, we will all be Kavanughs.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bullshit! Mad

"next up"?

I know what you're saying but these Senators know how they are going to vote by now. There is going to be nothing in the FBI report that is going to exonerate Kavanaugh or prove Fords story.
No ones mind will be changed it will only lead to the Collins et al will need one more thing.
More delay and more bull shit. Time to force some hands and get the cards on the table.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit! Mad

"next up"?

I know what you're saying but these Senators know how they are going to vote by now. There is going to be nothing in the FBI report that is going to exonerate Kavanaugh or prove Fords story.
No ones mind will be changed it will only lead to the Collins et al will need one more thing.
More delay and more bull shit. Time to force some hands and get the cards on the table.

I agree with both sentiments to a point.

What has happened to Kavanaugh, and in turn the good people of this country who need him on the court, is despicable and should not be forgiven or forgotten.

But time is ticking and nobody is changing their minds. This investigation was never about that either. This investigation, holding Fords accusation, lying about her fear of flying, all of it has only ever been about stalling as long as they can in hopes they can get past midterm elections. It is time to vote so that if Kavanaugh is not confirmed there is still time to try for another one. If we get past the elections and the Dems have won then we will lose this chance. The RINOs will never confirm anyone then and instead say that "the people have spoken" and agree with the dems that we should delay.

The fact is that the democrats have won every battle up until now by delaying at every turn for as long as they have. We need to stop fighting weekly battles and win the war.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

I recall reading a biography of LBJ from years ago when he was in a tight Senate race. He told a staffer to start a rumor that his opponent was having an affair. His staffer told him they could not substantiate such a claim. LBJ told him that it didn't matter, all you have to do is get him to deny it. Nothing new here with these rotten sonsabitches.

Yes, but the victim of the affair was a pig who had the decency to not kiss and tell, and avoid statements to investigators.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I also think that the senators already knew how they'd vote.. the FBI thing was just a cover. With the exception of Collins, I think we'll have 50 solid GOP votes + WVa (Manchin) + ND (Heidi) + MT (Tester) = at least 53.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be a shame if the FBI report gets leaked like everything else? Any way The Donald could declassify it?

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I can dig it, but do we really want Republicans leaking the FBI report at a time when it would be nice to nail Diane Feinstein to the barnyard door for leaking Ford's letter?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I want to see Feinstein nailed to the fucking wall with this report

no more bullshit

hold people accountable, do the job and if you can't do it, get out and let someone in who can

these lifers in politics should be lifers in prison

destroying a good man and a family for a political agenda is the most heinous thing I can think of and I'd be so very happy to be on the firing squad to deal with these pieces of filth

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Nobody gets nailed for leaking in DC.

Information is power. Using it wisely is how one rises in that arcane society.

Remember, it’s an irregular verb.

I give confidential press briefings.
You leak.
He's being charged under 18 US Code 798.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
ford lawyers latest move

From everything I have read, the extension of the FBI interviews was never intended to include Ford and Kavanaugh.

Many, many people just assumed they would.

Grassley had asked for therapy session reports, copies of audio/video of the poly, and copies of all written, audiovidual, or electronic material related to the Ford allegations that were provided to news media.

during the hearing, Ford repeatedly said she wanted the FBI to tell her when Mark Judge worked at the supermarket. She had seen Judge there 6 to 8 weeks after the incident and could use that to better say when the incident occurred.

I understand why DEMs want to force Kavanaugh to drop out (and they don't care if they ruin the life of an outstanding man), but I can't understand how the 3 REPs can be so blind.

The answer must be some combination of a) they hate Donald Trump, and b) they know if they vote for Kavanaugh - they are saying Ford lied. In all the recent sexual assault claims, Ford is the woman w the highest social status / education level. It would be a heavy blow to the me/too crowd. The fact that they are still "thinking about it" means they are willing to sacrifice an honest and noble man.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

turn them over now....why wait? you need a chance to forge them?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I want to see Feinstein nailed to the fucking wall with this report

no more bullshit

hold people accountable, do the job and if you can't do it, get out and let someone in who can

these lifers in politics should be lifers in prison

destroying a good man and a family for a political agenda is the most heinous thing I can think of and I'd be so very happy to be on the firing squad to deal with these pieces of filth

As I said earlier, nobody is getting in any trouble for this. Not Ford, not Feinstein, not anyone at all.

Anyone hoping for anything more than Kavanaugh being confirmed is in for a real disappointment.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post