SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Something tells me the Dem's will be like a cat following a laser pointer really soon (and all but forget about Kavanaugh) when Ruth Buzzy kicks and President Trump puts up another Conservative judge for the court. The chaos and meltdown at that point should be epic.

This doesn’t feel like “chaos and meltdown?!?”
Yes, but it hasn't reached 'epic' status. Ruth Buzzy's demise is going to throwh 1/3 of this country completely over the edge and into mass psychosis, the likes we've never seen before. Stay tuned....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:Yes, but it hasn't reached 'epic' status. Ruth Buzzy's demise is going to throwh 1/3 of this country completely over the edge and into mass psychosis, the likes we've never seen before. Stay tuned....
+1000

We ain't seen NOTHING yet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:Yes, but it hasn't reached 'epic' status. Ruth Buzzy's demise is going to throwh 1/3 of this country completely over the edge and into mass psychosis, the likes we've never seen before. Stay tuned....
+1000

Dunno about anyone else, but I for one never imagined something like whats happening now would, well, happen. Yet here we are, I cannot even dream of what could possibly top whats happening now

But I also know dems won't disappoint with their inherent lack of morality, logic and reasoning ability to double down on the stupid

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if you saw, that sociopath Christine Ford also tried to insinuate that there was something wrong with her the way she said "I'm glad she's trying to get help". What was that supposed to mean?

Unfortunately Leland Keyser's health has significantly degraded over the last few years. At one time she was very active, including being a golf instructor.

from the article that Pipe Smoker linked to,

Speaking in her defense Keyser's loved one noted: 'I think it's quite convenient that she named the person who is frankly probably the least physically capable of all of them to stand up and be subjected to questioning or give her account.'

The family member went on to explain that the 'health challenges' faced by Keyser have not impaired her memory. But they admitted that being caught up in the Kavanaugh scandal has proved physically trying at a time when Keyser is not in good health.

The relative said: 'Leland is not a well woman. She has had years of injuries that have seen her have 14 operations on her neck and back. She just wants to get better.'

Keyser's talent saw her become a professional golfer and she met her first husband, Fox News' Bob Beckel, at that same country club. They were married for ten years and had two children - son Alex and daughter Mackenzie - before divorcing in 2002.

Keyser went onto remarry leadership coach John Keyser but they too have since split.

Injury forced her to step down from her role as a golf coach at Georgetown University and have, her family member said, plagued her for years.

a family member close to Keyser, 52, said: 'Christine didn't give her so much as a heads up - as far as I know they haven't really spoken for several years and they're certainly not close anymore.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon:
quote:
quote:
+1000

Dunno about anyone else, but I for one never imagined something like whats happening now would, well, happen. Yet here we are, I cannot even dream of what could possibly top whats happening now

But I also know dems won't disappoint with their inherent lack of morality, logic and reasoning ability to double down on the stupid

Especially considering that the nominee most likely will be a woman.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ruth Buzzy's demise is going to throw 1/3 of this country completely over the edge and into mass psychosis, the likes we've never seen before.
Yes, as I've said before, the leftists will be chewing off their own limbs and speaking in tongues in-between bites.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
+1000

You must be not be old like I am. I have been watching the dirty dems pull tricks like these for decades.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-Christine-Ford.html

The FBI is quickly wrapping up its investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh – and will likely deliver its final product to senators Wednesday afternoon, a senior Republican senator said.

The bureau does not at this time plan to produce any overarching analysis or conclusions of what it finds following an interview process that began Friday.

Instead, Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee said, they will simply turn over a stack of '302s,' the forms the bureau produces during background interviews.

Senators will then get the chance to review the materials in a secure facility, Corker told DailyMail.com and a contingent of reporters in the Capitol.

'These are 302s. And they’re just going to be a stack of those transmitted. That’s going to be it. There never has been expected to be findings,' Corker said.

Such 302 documents contain an FBI agent's notes on information a witness provides. They don't contain analysis comparing the statements to what another witness may have said, or otherwise offer a conclusion – meaning if senators are looking for an answer on the key question of who is telling the truth, Kavanaugh or Ford, the documents very well may not provide it.

attorneys for Kavanaugh accuser Christine Ford revealed the FBI has not spoken to the accuser who claims Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.

John Clune, a lawyer for Debbie Ramirez, the second accuser, who was questioned at the weekend, also attacked, telling Bloomberg: 'We have great concern that the FBI is not conducting - or not being permitted to conduct - a serious investigation.'

And Michael Avenatti, who represents the third accuser, Julie Swetnick, published emails he had sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee demanding that it 'take all steps to arrange an FBI interview' with her.

Graham said he wanted to see the full report published, while Chuck Schumer, the Democratic Minority Leader, said he wanted the same.

Schumer also set up a confrontation with McConnell by saying he wanted senators to be briefed by the lead FBI agent before they voted.'

'We need to be briefed by the FBI. By the agent in charge,' Schumer told CNN.

But the largest dispute of all - and the biggest political risk for McConnell - is over exactly who agents questioned.

The public perception of the scale and scope of the FBI probe is now the key for Republicans wanting to get Kavanaugh nominated.

McConnell is relying on the FBI investigation winning support to get the votes of the key swing senators. There are three Republicans: Lisa Murkowski (Alaska); Susan Collins (Maine); and Jeff Flake (Utah); and two Democrats: Joe Manchin (West Virginia) and Heidi Heitkamp (North Dakota).

All five have said that the FBI investigation must be adequate before they decide how to vote.

Collins has said publicly that Swetnick needs to be questioned for her to vote 'yes'.

I wish this fight could have remained in the realm of normalcy,' McConnell said, as FBI agents continued to probe sexual assault allegations against the Supreme Court nominee.

'Some chose a darker road. The politics of personal destruction were willfully unleashed,' McConnell said, aiming his fire at Democrats he accused of repeatedly 'moving the goalposts' to kill the nomination.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Heck, I couldn't believe what they did to R. Bork or C. Thomas. SoSDD.

Stop taking the bait people. We know who these congress critters are by now - vote term limits now!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

You must be not be old like I am. I have been watching the dirty dems pull tricks like these for decades.

With 24 hour news and social media and the ease at which information and misinformation is disseminated today, what in this country's history has been more despicable and more wide ranging than what were witnessing now?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
+1000

Yes, but they used to be ashamed to be caught back then, and took great pains to hide it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff Flake ( Utah )

Oh no they didn’t!!!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
+1000

Yes, but they used to be ashamed to be caught back then, and took great pains to hide it.

Really? Thomas Jefferson took John Adams to task rather publically and viciously for the sake of his own election. American Politics are still a hard-nosed game. I don't like what was done, but I'm not sure people have changed all that much.

Even news/journalism was known for being readership driven, regardless of the truth. Ever see "Citizen Kane" - ever wonder why it was so popular?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Never underestimate how ignorant and tone deaf folks can be. I am astounded by some of my wife’s friend’s who say “I believe her” but have no rationale beyond “I had xyz experience once and could see that happen...”

We have entered the era of “feels” instead of fact, something Spartacus and Franken-Feinstein have embraced. I really thought the crazies were the minority...but more and more this is “...in the land of the insane, the sane man is crazy..”

I have hope that on reflection and a few weeks down the road, sheer embarrassment wakes up the country to this insanity.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:

Really? Thomas Jefferson took John Adams to task rather publically and viciously for the sake of his own election. American Politics are still a hard-nosed game. I don't like what was done, but I'm not sure people have changed all that much.

Even news/journalism was known for being readership driven, regardless of the truth. Ever see "Citizen Kane" - ever wonder why it was so popular?

There have always been hard fought battles and criticisms. There have been dirty tricks as well designed to embarrass and humiliate opponents, and cover ups, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Jeff Flake ( Utah )

Oh no they didn’t!!!

It wont be much better with Romney (Utah).

Better than Flakey Flake, but not much.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Jeff Flake ( Utah )

Oh no they didn’t!!!

It wont be much better with Romney (Utah).

Better than Flakey Flake, but not much.

True, but I believe Romney would at least be a sure vote for a true constitutionalist on the SCOTUS. When it comes to the supreme Court, i think we can count on Romney to vote for any nominee on President Trump's list.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Collins has said publicly that Swetnick needs to be questioned for her to vote 'yes'.

And after she is questioned, then what will it take?
It is becoming apparent that Collins will never be satisfied. Wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to delay until after the election. If they lose the senate she can vote yes, and if they keep it but pick up seats she can vote no. Covers her ass either way.

First it was just the one week investigation run by the FBI, now it is the investigation with stipulations.

Unfortunately she was my senator for many years. Every reply I received from her was a canned response. And they all started with "As a life long Mainer..." followed by complete bullshit.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:

There have always been hard fought battles and criticisms. There have been dirty tricks as well designed to embarrass and humiliate opponents, and cover ups, too.

I recall reading a biography of LBJ from years ago when he was in a tight Senate race. He told a staffer to start a rumor that his opponent was having an affair. His staffer told him they could not substantiate such a claim. LBJ told him that it didn't matter, all you have to do is get him to deny it. Nothing new here with these rotten sonsabitches.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jeff Flake at Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit

video at link

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.bd99b1c7feda

Flake is McCain junior