SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here she goes with tears. At some point she will dramatically exit the hearing-- because someone "offends her."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
This is going to go down as one of the biggest hatchet jobs in American history. Disgusting.

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The "vocal fry" she uses when speaking is killing me. Confused

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The "vocal fry" she uses when speaking is killing me. Confused

I have the audio off. I read her false statement; I have no intention of listening to it. I'm just waiting for the cue that she's finished.

She's crying, eh? I hope Kavanaugh isn't watching. Then again, I want him to be mad, and if Feinstein's trashy opening statement didn't piss him off, I'm sure hearing the lies and questions coming out of the dem senator's holes surely will.

Get mad, Kavanaugh. Get righteous. Don't hold back.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She appears mental to me. Looney and unstable.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading a prepared statement is not testimony. Period

Posts: 102 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This woman is a snowflake. This whole process is a joke. Disgusting. A professionally prepared statement. Garbage.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10939 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Turley

Merkely Files To Enjoin Kavanaugh Vote

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) filed for an injunction in federal court to stop a final vote on Brett Kavanaugh. The filing claims that the Republican majority is obstructing his constitutional duty to give advise and consent on nominees. The filing is entirely and utterly meritless. It will be dismissed and is unlikely to receive a hearing on the claim.

The filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia makes the specious claim that the refusal to receive documents constitutes a constitutional violation. I agreed with the Democrats that the Administration has wrongly withheld too many documents from the background of Brett Kavanaugh. However, the majority of this Committee has voted to go forward and agrees with the degree of disclosure. Merkley is subject to the rule established by his own institution in handling such nominations. For much of our history there were no confirmation hearings and little review of a nominee’s background.

I have spent much of my career arguing for legislative standing for members to bring lawsuits alleging constitutional violations. We won a major victory in the ACA case where I represented the United States House of Representatives. This undermines those efforts and fulfills the narrative of opponents that members would just continually file politically motivated, legally frivolous claims.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjbaal:

That's required by the committee.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2126 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh needs to go in there PISSED and not meek and mild like we've seen so far.

The gloves are off. Hit them back, HARD.

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That "edge-of-tears" voice is totally false.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by rjbaal:

That's required by the committee.

not necessarily required but it was consented to.

Regardless, it is not spontaneous testimony, thus relevance and reliability is suspect.

Posts: 102 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
“I am nobody’s pawn” Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11020 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I am not watching and appreciate the updates here. I value my TV too much to watch this fiasco.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Kavanaugh needs to go in there PISSED and not meek and mild like we've seen so far.

The gloves are off. Hit them back, HARD.

I hope someone is playing the Rocky theme in the waiting area.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
How did she ever manage to get her PhD? She comes across like an idiot.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Sob sister

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Jonathan Turley

Merkely Files To Enjoin Kavanaugh Vote

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) filed for an injunction in federal court to stop a final vote on Brett Kavanaugh. The filing claims that the Republican majority is obstructing his constitutional duty to give advise and consent on nominees. The filing is entirely and utterly meritless. It will be dismissed and is unlikely to receive a hearing on the claim.

The filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia makes the specious claim that the refusal to receive documents constitutes a constitutional violation. I agreed with the Democrats that the Administration has wrongly withheld too many documents from the background of Brett Kavanaugh. However, the majority of this Committee has voted to go forward and agrees with the degree of disclosure. Merkley is subject to the rule established by his own institution in handling such nominations. For much of our history there were no confirmation hearings and little review of a nominee’s background.

I have spent much of my career arguing for legislative standing for members to bring lawsuits alleging constitutional violations. We won a major victory in the ACA case where I represented the United States House of Representatives. This undermines those efforts and fulfills the narrative of opponents that members would just continually file politically motivated, legally frivolous claims.

Link

Oh lord the stupidity yet he might have found a liberal enough court to do something stupid to put us in the edge of a Constitutional crisis.

If the idiot thinks he did not get enough documentation he has the ability to cast a no vote. All but maybe 4 of the democrats committed to a no vote on whoever President Trump nominates anyway even before they knew a name. Cry me a river.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The witness interviews can take hours. This format is stupid and the prosecutor can't get her questions answered quickly. She can filibuster by slowly reading everything. The democrats are going to destroy Kavanaugh in their time. With the kids gloves on the female prosecutor will get no questions answered. I can't believe this.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The hired gun is doing a very good job so far, friendly, non-threatening, business like, the visual is just right.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post