SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Flake has been crawfishing the whole time.

I fully expect him to find a reason to vote No.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The most credible woman in the world caught lying under oath? Say it isn't so.

Posts: 9780 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
And since the left was cheerleading all of the criminal charges brought upon those on the right for lying to the FBI, they should have no problem when criminal charges are brought against those on the left when they do it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15773 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Monica McLean at a Rehoboth Beach wine taster
April 2016

https://www.capegazette.com/ar...po-taste-town/102030

McLean's address is 106 Hickman st, Rehoboth Beach, DE

Ford's father has a house at 27 Bedford Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE

The houses are 2 miles apart

Ford: "I traveled, I think, the 26th of July to Rehoboth, Delaware. So that makes sense, because I wrote it from there"

"it" being the letter to Feinstein

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flake is going with the Dems on this especially if he's the deciding vote.

He won't be the deciding vote. Manchin WILL vote YES.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
After all that we've seen and heard over the past two weeks, how could any Republican senator vote 'no' on this confirmation? To do so would mean destroying Judge Kavanuagh's life, destroying any remaining credibility of the US Senate, likely causing a GOP loss of the House (and maybe the Senate) this fall, and virtually guaranteeing no Republican candidate for the SCOTUS would ever be confirmed to the court again.

With all that hanging in the balance, how could 'any' Republican vote 'No', even a POS RINO?

Because, as someone mentioned a few posts above yours, this kabuki theater is nothing more than a stick in the eye to President Donald J. Trump. Plain and simple. The RINO's that are the "Never Trumpers" don't give one popcorn fart about "the will of the people" nor their constituents. Envision that sunuvabitch McCain with his thumb down and sour look on his face...THIS is how these RINO assholes want to go down in history; sticking it to the MAN and putting the screw to their party.

Once you realize that, all this starts to make sense. The Demoshits gave "Dr." Ford a sword and she willingly and gladly fell right on it.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
It's getting difficult to follow what's going on. Too many players, and too much confusion.

Maybe that's the plan.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's getting difficult to follow what's going on. Too many players, and too much confusion.

Maybe that's the plan.

It's really quite simple when you focus on the bottom line. Collusion.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15773 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Maybe that's the plan.

Its always part of their playbook - when the narrative slides away from them they muddy the waters and make nothing be crystal clear - even facts that should be. We all know facts and logical deduction and reasoning are not part of their skill sets, but obfuscation is.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
this kabuki theater is nothing more than a stick in the eye to President Donald J. Trump. Plain and simple. The RINO's that are the "Never Trumpers" don't give one popcorn fart about "the will of the people" nor their constituents. Envision that sunuvabitch McCain with his thumb down and sour look on his face...THIS is how these RINO assholes want to go down in history; sticking it to the MAN and putting the screw to their party.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

This thread isn't about Hillary.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

This thread isn't about Hillary.
Six of one... Besides, they made sure she(Hilz) never said a damn thing "under oath".

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Actress mocks Ford's voice.

She pretty much nails it. She's trying to walk it back now. Too late.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...28ffe4b0425e3c21ae64

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There won't be any charges brought against Dr. Ford or anyone else. They could discover a video of her sitting around planning the whole thing with her friends and lawyers and making up her story line by line and nothing would happen.

Kavanaugh being confirmed is the win and it better be enough because it is the only good that will come out of this.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15264 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McLean has disputed the account that she was helped or coached by Ford.. Frown

"Ford’s team did, however, release a response from the friend cited in her ex-boyfriend’s statement that flatly denies his claims. “I have NEVER had Christine Blasey Ford, or anybody else, prepare me, or provide any other type of assistance whatsoever in connection with any polygraph exam I have taken at any time,” Monica McLean said in her response."

Politico

Posts: 1807 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What Cory Booker doesn't mention is that it is the Democrats who have politicized the confirmation process.... with Bork, Clarence Thomas, and now with Kavanaugh. Confused

Cory Booker: It Doesn't Matter If Kavanaugh Is Innocent Or Guilty

Democratic Senator Cory Booker admitted in a press conference on Tuesday that his belief that Brett Kavanaugh should not be confirmed to the Supreme Court has nothing to do with whether he is "innocent or guilty." The very fact that his name has been sullied by uncorroborated allegations and that he displayed anger at being accused without evidence and pushed back against the politically-motivated handling of the allegations by Democrat senators, Booker argued, "ultimately" disqualifies Kavanaugh from a lifetime appointment to the "sacred institution."

With the FBI investigation close to wrapping up and most expecting that it will confirm what has already been publicly revealed in sworn statements to the Senate — that the named witnesses by Ford all either deny any knowledge of the alleged incident or directly refute it — the New Jersey senator said that, in the end, it doesn't matter if Kavanaugh is innocent or guilty, just that his "credibility has been challenged" enough by supposed "intimates" of Kavanaugh from high school — despite the dozens of Kavanaugh's female friends from that period who have publicly vouched for his good character. The other disqualifier, according to Booker, is that in the highly emotional and politicized hearing, Kavanaugh displayed a "temperament" and used "language" that "shocked" Democrats.

"[U]ltimately, not whether he's innocent or guilty, this is not a trial," said Booker, "but ultimately have enough questions been raised that we should not move on to another candidate ... [T]he people who are on the Supreme Court should preserve the integrity of the court and be beyond the reproach of these difficult partisan times."

In other words, allegations, regardless of the absence of evidence, and strongly defending one's name are enough to disqualify a Supreme Court candidate in Booker's view. Full transcript and video below:

My hope is beyond the vicious partisan rancor that is going on, beyond the accusations, we don't lose sight of what this moral moment is about in this country, and ultimately ask ourselves the question: Is this the right person to sit on the highest court in the land for a lifetime appointment — when their credibility has been challenged by intimates, people that knew the candidate well as a classmate, when his temperament has been revealed in an emotional moment where he used language that frankly shocked a lot of us? And then ultimately, not whether he's innocent or guilty, this is not a trial, but ultimately have enough questions been raised that we should not move on to another candidate in that long list put together by the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society? Move on to another candidate because ultimately the Supreme Court is not an entitlement. Just because you went to Yale or were president of your class doesn't entitle you to the Supreme Court. This is a sacred institution, and the people who should be on it — whether you agree with their political or judicial philosophy at all — the people who are on the Supreme Court should preserve the integrity of the court and be beyond the reproach of these difficult partisan times.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...nocent-james-barrett

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
He's a fine one to talk, isn't he? I cannot say what I think about him (Booker) because I'd be labeled as a racist.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If my recallation is correct didn’t Corey Booker have a sex crime process against him from the 1990s or early 2000s. My memory may be not correct on this but....someone help me out here.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
My memory may be not correct on this but....someone help me out here.

I was going to do such, but google turned up SO MANY stories on the myth & legend & charges of various lawlessness I became trapped in 'too much information' and really know little about him other than the drivel he spouts and a couple of hostile articles on same.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ultimate way to make our voices heard:

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post