SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
David Horowitz says what every one knows but few will say.

Sorry For Blurting It Out But Christine Blasey Ford Is A Liar

One thing I learned watching the witch trial of Brett Kavanaugh on MSNBC, is that a prestigious university in New York has a Vice President for Social Justice. (She is an MSNBC commentator). Her Orwellian title is but one of many signs that our country is already on the threshold of 1984; the Judiciary Committee circus is another.

In her comments on the hearings, the Vice President for Social Justice, Maya Wiley, was clearly out for blood, and had no interest in evidence, due process, or the facts. She is also of course both a woman, a woman “of color” and a lesbian. In other words, she occupies three of the top rungs in the hierarchy of the oppressed - all bombs waiting to blow up in the face of any straight white male who stumbles into their cross-hairs.

Any fair-minded observer of the Kavanaugh proceedings would have noted that no one – Republican or Democrat - so much as laid a glove on his female accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, even though she had come forward to destroy the life of an exemplary individual and his family. No one, dared to do so. Call this feminine or victim privilege. Kavanaugh’s high school yearbooks with tales of drinking were fair game, but Ford’s – which openly talk of the girls’ sexual promiscuity and boast of girls passing out at drinking parties - were not. Nor were her extensive political connections to the anti-Trump left, the pro-abortion movement, the Democratic Party and even the law firm involved in the Steele dossier.

Yes, the sexual crime prosecutor established that Ford lied to the committee when she said she couldn’t come to Washington for the hearings because she was afraid of flying. In fact, as she admitted under questioning, she has frequently flown all over the world for pleasure. But no one actually confronted her about this. For example, no one asked her directly, “If you were brazen enough to lie to a congressional committee about this, why should we believe you in regard to anything else?"

Yes the same prosecutor gently asked Ford why she thought her best friend Leland Keyser, whom she claimed was present at the party and would corroborate her story, in fact refuted it, saying that she was never at such a party, and the one in question never happened. Ford gave a transparently evasive answer saying her friend had (unspecified) health issues, while never explaining what they were or why that should cause her to contradict what Ford had claimed.

Actually, all the alleged witnesses to the party where the incident was supposed to have taken place have denied that they were there. The one witness who was allegedly in the room where she claimed the incident took place says he wasn’t there. But none of the senators had the temerity to confront her directly with the obvious question: why should we believe your inflammatory claims about Judge Kavanaugh given that no one you have named supports any piece of your story? Moreover, no one asked her “How do you feel about besmirching the reputation of a stellar individual, and bringing incalculable pain to his family by advancing claims that no one corroborates? How can you say that you are 100% sure an incident happened, when you can’t remember anything else accurately about the evening? Did your lawyers instruct you to say 100%? What actually did your lawyers prompt you to say in your prepared statement?

No one said to her: you signed a letter attacking President Trump’s border policies and were able to get the anti-Trump ACLU to publish it; you contacted an anti-Trump paper, the Washington Post, to make your charges; you turned first to Democrats who are sworn to “resist” – actually sabotage –the Trump presidency and his judicial nominees; and you accepted attorneys recommended by Democrats, who are activist Democrat, anti-Trump lawyers. Can we conclude, therefore, that there might be a political motive behind your decision to bring up these character-ruining accusations about a rough-housing you allegedly received 37 years ago when you and Kavanaugh were too young to even vote?

No one dared to ask these questions or to vigorously pursue problematic areas of her testimony and behavior. Instead everyone expressed sympathy for her and her pain in testifying, and said how credible she sounded – even though, unlike Kavanaugh’s presentation, hers was vetted and coached by lawyers, and even though it amounted to character assassination if her memory was false.

At the bottom of these asymmetries lies the fact that despite half a century of women’s “liberation” and “hear me roar” proclamations the feminist attitude towards women is still Victorian. Women are fragile violets who wilt before the raised voices and impassioned claims of male innocence. But this image is a one way mirror. Let a moment go by and then, when they or their defenders are on the counter-attack, hear them roar. Senator Mazie Hirono put it mind-numbingly well: “Men should just shut up and stand up (for their female accusers of course).”

This is the ideologically constructed atmosphere, which makes a latter-day witch trial like the Judiciary hearings possible. Christine Blasey Ford’s story is unbelievable on its face. She claims that after the alleged incident at the alleged party, where three of her friends (who have denied it) were allegedly present, she fled. Here are some questions that were not asked:

How did she get past those friends without them seeing her and her distress?

How could she not have warned her best friend, Leland Keyser, that there were two potential rapists in the house, if that’s what she thought?

How did she get home?

How did her best friend not ask her the next day why she left without her, or what happened?

Why was this such a trauma she could not tell her best friend? One can understand why she would want to conceal from her parents that she had gone to a drinking party with boys, but her friend who was allegedly there? She doesn’t even claim that she was raped, only that she was frightened in an incident that could have happened at any of the drunken parties she might have attended as described in her high school yearbook.

On the face of it, Christine Blasey Ford’s story is not only unsubstantiated. It isn’t credible. The destruction of Brett Kavanaugh’s reputation is the equivalent of a modern-day lynching – the third that Democrats have orchestrated in the last twenty-seven years. It’s despicable. At least Republicans like Lindsey Graham have laid that charge at the door of the Democratic culprits who worked so hard to accomplish it. But, as a nation, we have obviously not reached the point where we can grant women true equality by confronting their lies and their reckless accusations with the same candor and frankness we would if they were coming out of the mouths of men.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Reading this thread is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the D-crats still think a week is not enough time for a thorough investigation. Smile

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...men-at-once-n2524849

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Monica McLean should be interviewed. She now works in the DC area.

If she admits that Ford coached her in the 1992 poly, why didn't she come forward ?

Hard to believe such a close friend of Ford didn't watch the hearing.

I liked David Horowitz's comment about "modern day lynching". That is a very accurate description.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
There is an article on The Conservative Treehouse that mentions some interesting stuff about McLean. Amazing how tied together the swamp is.

https://theconservativetreehou...on-letter-construct/

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
These sick bastards will stop at nothing.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Monica McLean should be interviewed. She now works in the DC area.

If she admits that Ford coached her in the 1992 poly, why didn't she come forward ?

Hard to believe such a close friend of Ford didn't watch the hearing.

I liked David Horowitz's comment about "modern day lynching". That is a very accurate description.

Time to stop the interviewing wrap this up and vote interviewing could go on forever. Any person that has half a brain does not want to get swept up in this shit maybe Mclean has half a brain. I'm surprised the ex boyfriend came forward. Rest assured he has got the attention of the Democrat smear machine.

The only way to put a stop to this endless feces throwing is to vote.

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
mbinky,

I just read the CT article and saw your post above.

CT points out that Monica McLean now lives in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

Monica McLean went to Holton-Arms HS. She signed the letter that the Holton Arms class of 84 sent to congress that supported Ford.

CT raises the possibility that McLean helped Ford write the letter to Feinstein in late July 2018.

from the transcript of Ford hearing:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Time to stop the interviewing wrap this up and vote interviewing could go on forever"

I agree.

Let me clarify my earlier comment. The vote should be taken on Kavanaugh as soon as possible. No more delays.

But there should be an independent investigation into whether the Ford accusation was a complete hoax fabricated w help from others. We shouldn't let something of this profound magnitude go unpunished and remain hidden.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Has it been verified that Ms. Ford is a left wing activist? If so, I'm surprised that hasn't been focused upon a little more by the republicans.

Posts: 1929 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flake is now saying Trump went over the line by attacking Ford at his rally last night and that if the FBI only interviews a couple people that's not going to meet what he was looking for. Every time you see him he has Coons standing next to him like he's his attorney or something.

Flake is going with the Dems on this especially if he's the deciding vote.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep....

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been saying the past two weeks Flake is a 'no' vote and needs to be treated as such. Concentrate on Collins and Manchin.

By next summer Flake will have a VERY cushy job with the left somewhere.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
This whole deal reminds me of the murder of Emmit Till. Same situation of allegations, missing due process, etc etc. Also,”To Kill a Mockingbird” comes to mind.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Jeff Flake has "interviewed" with the Democrat media. He will probably soon sign a contract with MSNBC or CNN. Selling out his constituents and the American people was just part of the deal. After all, he needs the money (100th ranked Senator in wealth). How else is he going to capitalize on this?

Blago: "I've got this thing..."
Blago, caught on tape, speaking of selling his appointment of Obama's Senate seat:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
There has been talk of Flake going to New Hampshire as being interested in running for president in 2020 against President Trump. If that is true he is insane if he thinks voting no on Brett Kavanaugh will help him with that.

Time to vote as Mitch McConnell is saying he will do by the end of the week. At this point it looks very likely that some democrats will vote yes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as those in red states that have said they will not have seen dramatic loss of support in recent polls after announcing their intentions.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Shit's getting real now ain't it Chrissy?...
(snipped for brevity)
...There are a lot of doors in prison dear you will feel very secure. The ultimate safe place.

Bye bye, Miss American, Lie...

We see what you did there..... Cool

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1534 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I think Rush may have a point. He said this is all about sticking it to Trump. Kavanaugh just happens to be collateral damage.

I’ve been saying this from day one. Everything is a proxy war to get back at Trump for taking Hillary’s spot.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I think Rush may have a point. He said this is all about sticking it to Trump. Kavanaugh just happens to be collateral damage.

I’ve been saying this from day one. Everything is a proxy war to get back at Trump for taking Hillary’s spot.

It's a two for one if the Dems could pull it off. Keep a strong conservative off the bench and further gum up Trump's agenda. That's part of the reason this is a fight to the death at least for the Dems. But it's not working out for them as it's becoming all to apparent they have too many lies on the table and they are now trying to herd way too many cats.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
in regards to the polygraph test issue, here is Ford, under oath, start at 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=235&v=0OFBBDuB7Q8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A lot of this is tweets, which don't come through when I copy/paste ... you can always go to the link.

Blasey Ford facing perjury trap?
By Thomas Lifson

Today may be a day to savor. Senator Chuck Grassley and sex crimes prosecutor Rachel Mitchell took heavy criticism in some quarters over the solicitous tone and leisurely pace of the cross examination of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford before the Senate Judiciary Committee, but it looks like a perjury trap was being sprung. Ryan Saavedra of The Daily Wire explains:

A new letter, released by Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), states that a former boyfriend of Christine Blasey Ford says that he personally witnessed her coaching someone on how to take a polygraph test, despite the fact that she testified under oath that she had never done so.

"The full details of Dr. Ford's polygraph are particularly important because the Senate Judiciary Committee has received a sworn statement from a longtime boyfriend of Dr. Ford's, stating that he personally witnessed Dr. Ford coaching a friend on polygraph examinations," Grassley wrote.

"During some of the time we were dating, Dr. Ford lived with Monica L. McLean, who I understood to be her life-long best friend,” Ford's ex-boyfriend wrote in the letter. "During that time, it was my understanding that McLean was interviewing for jobs with the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office."

"I witnessed Dr. Ford help McLean prepare for a potential polygraph exam," the ex-boyfriend said. "Dr. Ford explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked, and helped McLean become familiar and less nervous about the exam."

"When asked under oath in the hearing whether she'd ever given any tips or advice to someone who was planning on taking a polygraph, Dr. Ford replied, 'Never,'" Grassley continued. "This statement raises specific concerns about the reliability of her polygraph examination results."

Shannon Bream presents the letter itself, with the name redacted:

Blasey Ford testified clearly that she “never” helped anyone with a polygraph:

It seems pretty clear to me that Rachel Mitchell knew about this letter and was getting Blasey Ford to go on the record under oath. My suspicion is that Ford was prepared for many days for her testimony, but her lawyers and handlers did not anticipate this line of questioning, so she winged it.

Combine this with reports that the FBI will complete its re-investigation and may submit its report today, and with reports that Blasey Ford has not been questioned, and the odds rise that the FBI has examined the possible perjury here.

It is a possible indicator of the depth of the doo-doo Blasey Ford stepped into that Glenn Kessler-the so-called fact checker at the Washington Post, is trying to run interference and failing at it, Sean M. Davis calls him out:

Obviously, the key to taking the perjury trap beyond a he said/she said standoff would be the testimony of the person who allegedly received the coaching. Kate Prengel of Heavy.com has the goods on her: Here are the bullet points, but do read the whole thing:

1. She Went to Holton Arms, the Same High School as Ford

2. Ford Allegedly Coached McLean While She Was Interviewing for Jobs with the FBI and the US Attorney’s Office
3. McLean Worked for the Department of Justice for 24 Years, Leaving Just Before Trump Took Office
4. A Man Named Geral Sosbee Says McLean Helped the FBI in a Bizarre Cover-Up
5. McLean Now Works as an Independent Consultant in Washington DC

As a presumed member of the bar, McLean understands the dangers she faces if she is not forthcoming about the coaching. He abrupt departure from the DOJ suggests other issues may be on her mind as well.

Just the sort of person that could be squeezed. Pressuring Blasey Ford to sing about the people who coached her. And maybe een the politicians who groomed her tesimony.

Update: Kimberly Strassel lays out the peril in a series of tweets:

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...p.html#ixzz5SsY438kb

-rduckwor