SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am going to do a big mess of highly seasoned chicken gizzards in my Instant Pot, and once they are done, I will add some extra wide egg noodles and let it soak a bit. Add a tossed salad and Pita bread. Works for me, and very inexpensive to purchase.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Looks absolutely delicious, mbinky!!! Big Grin

Tonight was pasta... we received a tin of anchovies from Spain, from dear friends. Those, along with a goodly number of pressed garlic cloves, some sliced Taka no Tsume red chilies, some sliced Japanese cabbage, many grinds of black pepper, good olive oil and a little white wine made the sauce, along with a ladle of the pasta water Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Tonight's going to bring stuffed peppers -- a combination of a recipe found at work and Mom's old-school recipe.

And a couple of glasses of Three Finger Jack cabernet.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, OK....I can't claim to have made them, and I couldn't take credit for the delicious feast, but I was able to score four pork tamales from one of the awesome little Mexican restaurants near me. We have several, but one in particular makes THE best pork tamales, usually they run out. Earlier in the week I stopped by because I was craving them, but no joy.

Tonight, after my all day field trip in the cold and wind, being tired because I had to be up at 4 AM, I didn't feel like cooking. So I stopped by. I was just going to grab a steak burrito, seeing as it's almost guaranteed that late on a Saturday (5:30 PM), That there is no chance of a pork tamales, I wasn't going to even ask, because I didn't want to be let down....but when I walked up to the window, the owner said "I have fresh pork tamales, do you want some?" I was like HELL YEAH! (She knows me all to well).

So I got four, and extra Mexican crema, and like a gluttonous pig, I ate all four of the glorious pork tamales!

A little bit of happiness was served today.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Aglio e olio.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

a tin of anchovies from Spain
Good stuff! Yummy.

When I was working in Barcelona, there was a little bar just down the hill from our condo. Lazy Saturday morning, wife and I would saunter down there for a late breakfast (early lunch?) treat. Fresh-baked Spanish bread, very similar to French Baguette, sliced lengthwise, rubbed with raw garlic, drizzled with olive oil, then a layer of anchovies. A glass of red Rioja wine from the big cask behind the bar. Sit at a sidewalk table and enjoy. Rinse, repeat.

Some of the best of my 40,000 sandwiches.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Whoa... Big Grin

You certainly did well with your selection of sammiches!

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a lazy Saturday morning Smile

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cashew chicken.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I was starving and had company so I failed to take a picture. Tonight I made lasagna with garlic bread and it was so damn good!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Cold snowy rainy late fall day. Perfect for a hot bowl of Mulligatawny.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Cold snowy rainy late fall day. Perfect for a hot bowl of Mulligatawny.

Thanks for reminding me of this soup! I haven't had it for years, now I have to make some!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I never heard of this soup before. Had to google it and it sounds marvelous.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Quickly made, mid afternoon snack...

Leftover smoked salmon from Wisconsin, some Duke's mayo from Meijer, some Kroger cream cheese, a little lemon juice, lots of freshly ground black pepper Smile

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Made some quesadillas Saturday. Half beef/pork, other half plane cheese. So good, so easy, used my leftovers burrito meat to make them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ok lunch, not dinner Smile

A few weeks ago I bought some boneless beef back ribs for like $3.50 (like a pound, about four small ones). And this week is Thanksgiving and I have never cooked mashed potatoes. So today was a practice day.

Did the beef slightly slow, about 240 degrees for two hours. They were at 170 so I wrapped them and started the mashed. Ran the beef another 30 minutes to hit 200. Easy recipe on the potato’s, some red ‘taters, garlic, milk, sour cream and salt. They came out ok. I liked the consistency but they need more salt, a touch more sour cream. and a bit more garlic.

Anyway a good Saturday snack. Beef was juicy and smoky, hit the spot. My taters this Thursday will be better Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Looking good,

I made some vegetable soup with beans the other night, turned out to be too much as I'm sick of eating it now!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
And then last night was Carne and Beans. No rice as the barracks room lacks a real stove, but we improvise.

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A can of Campbell's Beef with Vegetables and Barley soup, to which I added a small can of French style green beans. Served with crumbled saltines. Was pretty good.

Actually, that was a late lunch. For supper I took 2 round slices of bologna and cut them into quarters. I placed them between saltine squares with yellow mustard. Yum!

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Tonight was sun-dried tomato, chicken, and spinach pasta.

Wasn't too bad, needed more cheese.

We're limited on plates here, was quite a lot of creamy sauce down in the bowl.

posted Hide Post
Tonight I am going to grill a well seasoned country style pork rib wrapped in a Hatch green chili. Add in a baked potato finished on the grill, and cream spinach with Balsamic vinegar, S&P. White Pita bread and Key Lime pie for dessert.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post