SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 126
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, I used leftover TG smoked turkey breast and made turkey enchiladas w/ Queso oaxaca and homemade creamy verde sauce. Unfortunately, no pics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23643 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife is cooking 3 turkey pot pies for the 3 families that will be here tonight to set up our tree.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schnitzel, potatoes and cabbage.

Posts: 3643 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I fixed some old fashoned beef stew.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The weather didn't cooperate yesterday with my plans for grilling chicken so I went with plan B. Spatchcocked it and roasted on a bed of potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onion. The dark skin parts are by design. I love that dark crispy skin! It was returned to the oven for about 15 minutes after this pic to let the veggies finish. This was one of the pasture raised chicken I have started buying locally. Absolutely delicious!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8615 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Pork steak on the grill and a 'tater for lunch.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did a chili cook off last weekend, Monday I enjoyed the last of the chili on chili cheese dogs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Dam those look good. Man One thing I miss from being up in Boston is the hot dog rolls. I never knew they were different from the rest of the country until I left. I think the rest of the country calls them "New England" style buns. I just called them hot dog rolls.

Toasted with a little butter on the side, fill them with scallops, or lobster, or a grilled dog...I actually had my cousin send me some once, straight from the JJ Nissen store in town...mmm...memories.

"The New England Hot Dog Bun"

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, I plan to make biscuits and sausage gravy!! Pretty plain and simple, but plenty good and filling on a chilly night.

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
^^^^
Dam those look good. Man One thing I miss from being up in Boston is the hot dog rolls. I never knew they were different from the rest of the country until I left. I think the rest of the country calls them "New England" style buns. I just called them hot dog rolls.

Toasted with a little butter on the side, fill them with scallops, or lobster, or a grilled dog...I actually had my cousin send me some once, straight from the JJ Nissen store in town...mmm...memories.

Technically, they’re frankfurter rolls. They’re so much better than the stuff we get down here.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cooked some angus Filet Mignon on the big green egg.
IMG_

Last pic is the meal with protection and some EH Taylor small batch bottled in bond with on the rocks.

Posts: 1160 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
^^^^

Technically, they’re frankfurter rolls. They’re so much better than the stuff we get down here.

Call em what you will. Top sliced > side sliced, all day long.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Okay, first up is my wife's Honduran breakfast, she arrived yesterday to visit family.

Next up is her traditional lunch...see a pattern? Smile

And finally, my poor man attempt at Pork Carnitas...turned out okay, I went a little too long in the oven but for barracks life without a meat pen I'll take the final product. No queso as I'm being healthy.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Starting a big old pot of Navy beans & ham. And yes that's two hambones. Once it reduces some, I remove the bones and add the riced potatoes as a thickener, we'll be good to go. Big Grin

This is my go to recipe:
https://www.deepsouthdish.com/...p.html#axzz3MLGoaliY

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Navy bean and ham soup looks mighty delicious. I have some frozen ham hocks, and always keep Navy beans in the cabinet, sooooooo, perhaps next week will be just right for me to make some. I still use the low and slow method, and love the smell in the house while they are cooking.

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
GT-40DOC if your weather next week is going to be as bone chilling as it is forecast here, make some of this soup!
Ah just saw you're in Arizona. Still make some! Smile

One hambone removed and trimmed. Man this is gonna have a LOT of meat! Big Grin And yes. this is low and slow! Bring to a boil and then simmer covered.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Bald1: I've always made it with Great Northern beans. And, I've not heard of potatoes for a thickener...I've always just cooked it long enough that the beans serve as a thickener.

Thanks for the idea though. Our weather is turning to crap here in short order and a good stick to your ribs meal seems like the right thing to do.

Posts: 20554 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Bald1: I've always made it with Great Northern beans. And, I've not heard of potatoes for a thickener...I've always just cooked it long enough that the beans serve as a thickener.

Thanks for the idea though. Our weather is turning to crap here in short order and a good stick to your ribs meal seems like the right thing to do.

Here's how it goes. I boil peeled potatoes and rice them to add to the pot.

And how it nicely thickens up things adding to what those beans already do. I think it adds to the overall taste as well.

Used two large carrots, two large celery stalks, a big sweet onion, and one minced garlic clove as well. Gonna let it simmer on very low for a few hours to fully meld the flavors. Yet to add fresh ground tellicherry pepper and see if it needs any salt.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I have an old deep fat fryer that I stopped using for deep fat frying many years ago(don't fry things anymore). I started using that deep fat fryer for my Navy and Pinto beans. I can set the temp to just what I want, and let it do it's thing most of the day. By the time is right for supper, I am starving after smelling those beans all day long!!

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I've found my 8-qt instapot can make a mean ham and Navy bean soup.

Posts: 9247 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post