SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 120
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Chellim1, how do you like that Vision kamado? They seem to be a lot better priced than a BGE for what you get.

I like it.
My bro-in-law has the BGE which was a lot more... but he uses it more.
I mostly use the propane grill but when I want to use charcoal this is pretty good.
The only thing I don't like is that at the top it's supposed to be adjustable (where the smoke comes out the top) but it's stuck in one position. I'd bet a good cleaning might free it up but it's kind of annoying. Still, it doesn't really impair function because you can adjust air flow down below.

Next time you are done w/ a cook, put it down on the grate over the coals and open the bottom vent. It'll cook off the buildup when you get around 700*. I get that once in awhile w/ my BGE daisy wheel and it needs to be cooked off BEFORE you can disassemble and clean.

Posts: 7370 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So right now I am making HelloFresh meals. Almost everything is from scratch except some sauces. So far everything has been really good. Most times I am so hungry after making the meal that I forget to take a picture.

Here is what I made yesterday. Crispy Kicking Cayenne Chicken.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Today I made Saucy Pork Burrito Rice Bowl. You can’t see the rice, but it is under everything. Today is the first time I substituted something. It called for a chopped green pepper, but it is HATCH PEPPER SEASON so I used a Hatch Pepper instead. I also added asparagus.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The only thing I don't like is that at the top it's supposed to be adjustable (where the smoke comes out the top) but it's stuck in one position. I'd bet a good cleaning might free it up but it's kind of annoying. Still, it doesn't really impair function because you can adjust air flow down below.

Get yourself one of these.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
That cayenne chicken looks mighty tasty. I’m in a rut - I can’t decide what to cook these days. Too tired. I made burgers for lunch and dinner today. How original. That chicken is inspiring me to eat better tomorrow.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So today was Tex-Mex Beef and Peppers Enchiladas. I bought a bunch of Hatch Chili peppers so first I roasted them, saved two for this recipe, and then sealed and froze the others.

I used the Hatch Peppers in this recipe, made Spanish rice as a side, and added a little Adobo sauce to their sauce to give it a better flavor.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Today’s HelloFresh meal was Monterey Jack Un-Fried Chicken. It was good.

I also first made Jesse’s peasant bread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Mike, your recent "kit" dinners really do look great but I still can't bring myself to join this bandwagon. I'm old school that wants to forage ingredients from local stores and throw together concoctions absent of any help save "starter" recipes on the Net. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16251 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
^^^^^
Mike, your recent "kit" dinners really do look great but I still can't bring myself to join this bandwagon. I'm old school that wants to forage ingredients from local stores and throw together concoctions absent of any help save "starter" recipes on the Net. Big Grin

I totally agree. They are actually a ton of work compared to what I normally do. We will see how long I do this. Probably only a few weeks more and then back to normal.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Steak and salad.

Lion diet starts today.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31471 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pot of beans on the stove . I sauteed a yellow onion and cut up some smoked Deer Sausage to go in it .

Posts: 4066 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post

Surprisingly made on this electric grill. Best ribeye I’ve had in a while.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-D...gid=pla-816451301932

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Fresh crowder peas, cooked in the instant pot with onions and bell pepper. Grilled Magda squash drizzled with evoo, sprinkled with “Miss Ezzie’s Prickly Heat” seasoning along with grilled boneless chicken thighs lathered in a homemade bbq sauce. Nice way to close out a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Matzo Brei with a fresh Fredericksburg peach! Not just for Passover anymore.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Steak and salad.

Lion diet starts today.

I haven’t had steak in a good while and am REALLY craving one. I might do steak and asparagus tomorrow.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nature’s little brooms

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Digiorno’s pepperoni. Not bad for a 5-6 dollar pizza.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jelrod1:

I have a similar air fryer. Can you share temp/time settings?

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4814 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:

I have a similar air fryer. Can you share temp/time settings?[/QUOTE]

It was on High. I think that's 500deg. 4 minutes then flipped and did 5 minutes.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not dinner but brunch which consisted of eggs, sausage links, large wild blueberry pancake and coffee.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16251 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post