SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Chicken crust pizza

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^I have no clue what that is but it looks delicious!

What is it? Recipe?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
all of the above looks great. making me hungry.

ersatzknarf: blue collar food - ain’t it great? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You know well, Konata-san Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^I have no clue what that is but it looks delicious!

What is it? Recipe?

Yeah, that looks amazing!!!

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I used Kait's recipe as a base but added a few items like artichoke hearts, spinach, mushrooms. 200c is about 400F.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In just a bit I will be starting the Weber in preparation for supper. I purchased some nice 1 1/4" thick prime ribeye steaks a couple of days ago and plan to give one a try. I will partially cook my baking potato in the microwave, and finish it on the grill. Along with the potato and the steak, I will pull 2-3 purple onions from my garden and put them on the grill also.

To go with this will be some Southern style butter beans with bacon, and fresh pita bread.

Of course, a taste of Knob Creek 100 proof bourbon will be required to get me moving in the correct direction prior to starting the meat.

Likely will finish everything off with some Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Photos, friend, photos please!!!

Big Grin

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Tacos tonight at Casa de Vthoky... made from ground elk! Soft tortillas on hand, fresh lettuce and tomato, some black olives and [store-bought] picante sauce. Tossed some shredded cheeses on top, and proceeded to overeat.

Chilling now with a nice Virginia wine.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
SigSentry, thanks will give that a try for sure!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Red beans & brown rice with sausage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Big Grin

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Last night was:
1. ika and imo nimono: squid and potatoes simmered in dashi (kelp, katsuohushi, etc). Simple yet tasty.

2. asari sakamushi. basically clams steamed in their own juices and with sake. (sauteed some garlic and pod of dried chili in some butter first). It's that simple and that tasty.

3. Tried to make mango pudding but it come out horrible. Edible, but the texture was a little gritty and not very flavorful. Needs a lot of work.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I grilled hamburgers using freshly ground pork.

I really like the taste, especially after decades of using ground beef for burgers.

Actually, I grilled 6 pork burgers and 4 ground beef burgers. I still like the beef, but I've really liked the ground pork burgers as a change of pace.

Tried turkey burgers. BAH! tasteless crap.

Sorry, no pics.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Are hamburgers made from pork still called hamburgers? What cut do you use - loin? shoulder? mix? Do you make them thinner to ensure cook through - i assume these are well done, not medium? Trying to envision this..... Condiments? cheese? Or do you make it more like NC pulled pork and put slaw on it?

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are hamburgers made from pork still called hamburgers?

Technically, it's more accurate than calling a beef burger a hamburger.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Last night was incredible!!! I tried my hand at grilling salmon and it was a HOME RUN. Even my kids loved it.

Honey, ginger & sesame glazed salmon with fresh veggies from my garden and broccoli & cheese rice. Cool

Tonight I’m going to be grilling some tequila lime chicken. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Are hamburgers made from pork still called hamburgers? What cut do you use - loin? shoulder? mix? Do you make them thinner to ensure cook through - i assume these are well done, not medium? Trying to envision this..... Condiments? cheese? Or do you make it more like NC pulled pork and put slaw on it?

I buy freshly ground pork at my local grocery meat counter. It’s reasonably lean but just enough fat for a little extra flavor. I just tell them how much I want, they weigh it, wrap and package it and slap on the price bar code sticker.

I shape into patties and grill them ,just like you’d grill hamburger patties. Same size shape and weight, about 6 ounces each.

I either season with Grub Rub, or mix chopped Hatch Chiles in it, or season with salt pepper ground onion and garlic, or a combination of. Sometimes I add chopped jalapeños to the meat patties.

Once when I ordered ground pork and didn’t watch them, they gave me ground pork with sausage seasonings. When I got home to grill it, instead of taking it back, I just grilled as usual. It was good too. Had a leftover grilled sausage pork patty the next morning with my eggs and hash browns.

Referring to the above post, hamburger meat should imply being made from pork, which is ham. What we cam hamburger should be called a beef burger. Maybe when it was invented it was called a Hand Burger, to eat by hand, not played. It morphed. Who knows and who cares, it’s all good.

I use my Thermapen to cook to 160.

I’m not set in my ways, I use all kinds of seasonings, toppings, cheeses, whatever. A fried egg is good, slaw too. Currently I’m enjoying Famous Dave’s Pickles from Costco.

I tried ground chicken meat but it was too dry, and I don’t usually care for ground turkey meat patties unless they use a lot of dark meat to flavor up the typical “healthy” lean ground white meat turkey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Interesting. May try it. Maybe like a menchi katsu burger.....

i thought the root of hamburger was hamburg?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Tonight, another go at the shishito peppers and also grated daikon radish with nameko mushrooms. Again, going well with beer, after a long thrash in the yard.

Main course was gyuudon (beef bowl), thinly sliced beef with shirataki noodles, onions, and pickled ginger, over rice. Light and also hearty.

Boy this looks amazing!!!

Posts: 471 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post