SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 120
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Calzone. First attempt at these and it turned out OK. Too much ricotta though...I'm not a big fan. Otherwise it was good. Salami, cheese(s), green pepper, purple onion, shrooms, basil, and some sauce on top.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Woke up at 10pm and couldn't get back to sleep. Yeah a screwy yesterday spent mostly sleeping. Roll Eyes

So I made a modest breakfast of hard boiled eggs, bacon and half a bagel and then set out to whip up a "skillet mix" for later today.
Ground beef, country pork sausage, bell peppers, onion, diced tomatoes, black beans, tomato sauce, seasonings. Yes the ingredients were whatever struck my fancy. Currently its simmering. I'll put it up in a while. This kind of comfort food stuff is best reheated later or the next day. Thinking roasted potatoes and a garden salad with it for this evening.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Last nights meal was pork schnitzel smothered in mushroom & onion gravy with homemade fried taters.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mutedblade... that's not fair! Oh man do I love Jägerschnitzel! Haven't made any in quite some time. Lots of work. Mmmmm.....

Just checked...May 7, 2022 was my last. Frown
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...240078194#2240078194
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...150088194#7150088194

If I'm really lazy there's always the Alpine Inn in Hill City not far from me. I've had friends visit along with some German couples and they've all raved about how authentic the fare is.
Here's their Jaeger Schnitzel:

https://alpineinnhillcity.com/
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Re...ty_South_Dakota.html

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Local beer, local beans, local corn (off) the cob. Baby back ribs w/ a splash of No sugar added SB Rays, on top of some broccoli slaw. Two bites in before crappy photo.

Posts: 7372 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Zuppa toscana

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bacon wrapped Sirloin on the grill and potato with sour cream and fresh cut chives!

Posts: 369 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a beef ramen noodle bowl.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Today was crusted baked spicy maple syrup chicken with fresh mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Crusty spicy maple syrup chicken. Sounds intriguing - can’t say I’ve had that before. I’ve had yangnyum chicken which is Korean fried chicken with a spicy garlic soy bean (kochijang with garlic, green onion oil, sugar, etc) sauce. Similar words but looks different. Maple syrup and chicken sounds good.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BLTs again, been eating a lot of them. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I made another Hawaiian pizza and a cast iron skillet peach cobbler, and ate half of both of them.

My blood sugar is just now getting down to normal.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure I have posted this before, but today I made oven baked chicken wings. With THIS recipe they come out so crispy and I like them better than any fried or wing I have had at a restaurant. I like to buy the full wing so I can cut them up and have some of both wing types.

Here they are after they come out of the oven:

Here they are after being tossed in sauce:

posted Hide Post
I am going to try Normin's recipe for oven baked okra tonight. Along with a large Country style pork rib with rub on the grill, and good old fashion stuffin'. Wish me luck, as I am mighty hungry!!

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am going to try Normin's recipe for oven baked okra tonight. Along with a large Country style pork rib with rub on the grill, and good old fashion stuffin'. Wish me luck, as I am mighty hungry!!

Show us how it turns out. I am sure you will like the okra!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grandpa's birthday today, took him to Ruth Chris. Had a 24oz ribeye and lobster tail, plus potatoes, creamed spinach, and cheese cake.

I feel like I'm going to explode.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leftover Bearno's all meat pizza and I stole some dill pickle macaroni salad that I made for tomorrow's cookout at my uncle's.

It was a delicious!

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

2 nights ago

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:

Show us how it turns out. I am sure you will like the okra!

Had a problem. My new timer(never used before) started, and while I was prepping/cooking the rest of the meal IT STOPPED!!! By the time I figured it out, I didn't know how long they had been baking...i.e., I cooked them too long. I ate some of them and liked the taste, so I will give it a go again soon as soon as I pick enough okra for a mess. I think it is going to do great.......will keep all informed.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight was a pan seared beef tenderloin with baked potatoes and green beans with a fried onion topping. It was good but after eating it, I would NOT have added the sour cream/mayonnaise/horseradish topping. Tenderloin was was a perfect medium, but ruined with the dang sauce in my opinion. I was following the recipe.