SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner last night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Shrimp scampi pizza.

Posts: 20564 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn that looks good!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
That pizza looks great.My wife and I LOVE shrimp scampi pizza.

There's a mom & pop pizza place near us that makes a really good one.
We make pizza at home, but never tried doing shrimp.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16632 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Oh man it was good. Very rich though. A good special occasion pizza.

Posts: 20564 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Tourte au Chou, and vegetable soup.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Fried a ten pound turkey tonight.
Turned out pretty tasty. Better than baking one; much faster and more moist.

Never fried one before, and this was a practice run for Thanksgiving.
No problems encountered - no burns or fires, or even messes.

Definitely looking forward to doing another for the holiday.

I used to fry turkeys a lot. Loved them! I’d buy three at a time, fry them up, giving one to my sister, one to my niece, and the last for us. By then the oil was brown and ready for the fire pit!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:

Tourte au Chou
Gesundheit!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made 4 trays of stuffed shells today for family that is all in for a family member that is approaching end of life, not a way you want to see everyone but food gets us all to sit down together and destress . They went over very well along with home made garlic knots and salad. Tomorrow I’m making about 12 quarts of chicken and dumplings for everyone, comfort food that most everyone enjoys and appreciates

Posts: 506 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
My great great grandma's recipe for Irish lamb stew. It's delicious.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Home made green bean soup. Takes a while, but it’s really good. Has boneless country style pork loin ribs, cut up green beans, cubed potatos, bacon, and thickened with browned flour in the bacon grease. Also put in beef bouillon cubes for extra flavor while cooking. Takes about 4-5 hrs to be done. Yummy.

Posts: 1148 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11415 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Beef back ribs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
It is currently raining outside (first time in months) and the temp dropped about 30 degrees (hurrah!). So tonight, it will be a big bowl of chili with cheese and onions on top, and tortilla chips for dipping.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Navy bean soup with hamhocks, celery, carrots,onion and garlic. a few drops of liquid smoke over cornbread. Lots of leftovers.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that it is snowing I'm planning on some rib sticking navy bean and ham comfort soup myself Big Grin

But tonight it was a homemade cheese-steak hoggie.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Bob, that's a work of art Big Grin

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
WOW!!!

Bob, that's a work of art Big Grin

Thanks Frank!

Decided to go with split pea and ham soup vice the navy beans for now.
Using this recipe...pot simmering on the stove currently. Will post pix when ready to eat. Big Grin
https://downshiftology.com/rec...cipe-container-66380

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not me, and not dinner
My boss made his annual jambalaya batch for the office, yesterday. Uses a 10gal cast iron cauldron.

Older pic from a prior year.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Split pea with ham soup (per the recipe I cited above) ready to serve. Big Grin

Ended up a tad too thick here. Had to blend in some additional liquid and salt. The result was glorious!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192