SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
That looks soooo good! Looks like you are about 20 hours away from me if I don’t take a break….LOL.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BLTs with homegrown tomatoes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Man those tomatoes look so good!!!! I haven’t been able to grow in my garden for the last few years for several reasons and last times I did not much grew well due to weather and too much shade. I hope to rectify all of this by next year and get back to having great garden crops!!! There is nothing like a home grown tomato!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Man those tomatoes look so good!!!! I haven’t been able to grow in my garden for the last few years for several reasons and last times I did not much grew well due to weather and too much shade. I hope to rectify all of this by next year and get back to having great garden crops!!! There is nothing like a home grown tomato!

Squirrels have been eating 90% of them the last few years then my cat would eat half of what I would get after the squirrels. This year the squirrels are only eating 1/2-2/3 of them and the cat hasn't gotten one yet. It's been nice to actually get to eat as many as I want and give some to friends.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Last night, sloppy joe that will last for a few nights for me Smile

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today is my birthday (39...again). Yesterday I went to a good meat market and bought a Prime ribeye steak about 1 1/4-1 1/2" thick. It will be seared to medium-rare doneness. With this will be baked beans with chunks of beef brisket, and scalloped potatoes with bacon!! I plan to finish it off with some Blue Belle Southern style blackberry cobbler ice cream. Prior to cooking will be one(or two) 1792 bourbons.

I think that I will sleep well tonight.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, enjoy your delicious sounding dinner!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hawaiian pizza. Cooked it on the Yoder and dang if it wasn't good!

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
BLTs with homegrown tomatoes.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or do I spy a layer of cheese on those BLTs?

Oh, and those tomatoes look EXTRAORDINARY! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

L O V E Hawaiian pizza. Many can't handle the pineapple on a pizza but I love it with quality Canadian bacon.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Squirrels have been eating 90% of them the last few years then my cat would eat half of what I would get after the squirrels. This year the squirrels are only eating 1/2-2/3 of them and the cat hasn't gotten one yet. It's been nice to actually get to eat as many as I want and give some to friends.

For me it was always birds. They would take a few bites out of each tomato and ruin them. I would be more than happy to sacrifice a few if they would eat the whole thing but they go taking bites out of so many!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

L O V E Hawaiian pizza. Many can't handle the pineapple on a pizza but I love it with quality Canadian bacon.

I could make a huge list of so many things I used to not like at all and as I have grown older I have become to like many things I didn’t.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I made this turkey ramen noodle soup. It tasted better than the picture looks. Today I picked up some great BBQ, took it to my mom’s, enjoyed a meal and company with her, and left her with all the leftovers to enjoy. Smile

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mike, good on you with the visit to your mom. Sadly mine (97 yo) is the better part of 2k miles away.

Yes I'm on a roll. Big Grin Scored quite a bit of flat iron at a great price so we're eating a couple packages not placed in the freezer. Damn it's tasty stuff!

Sadly the tomatoes in the salad are store bought. Jesse's look simply amazing!

================================================

Here's what I do:

I put some EVOO and butter in the cast iron skillet at 4 out of 10 setting on my glass top electric stove. (That's the highest I ever use.) First goes in the onions with some kosher salt and after a few minutes I add thick sliced big white mushrooms. While they're starting to brown the flat iron has been sitting with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire Sauce seasoning it. The seasoning can vary by my mood.

When I determine the time is right I place the steak in and let it sear nicely on both sides. I determine doneness by feel of a fork against the steak. The pictures show I get a very nice medium rare.

And oh yeah, I cut red potatoes into 6 pieces, coat them with EVOO and salt and place them in the Cosori air fryer for 25 minutes at 400*F. They come out nicely roasted with a slightly crisp exterior and creamy interior. As an aside when I do this with baby potatoes that I cut in half, I add rosemary and thyme to the seasoning.

Yes tonight included red wine. The salad dressing was balsamic vinaigrette with some celery seed.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are my eyes deceiving me, or do I spy a layer of cheese on those BLTs?

Yes, pepper jack and also some onion and cracked pepper.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a Luby’s frozen fish fillet with fresh okra from my boss that I tossed with olive oil, basalmic vinegar, and seasoning and baked in the oven. I love okra!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Today was Buffalo-Style Baked Chicken with roasted carrots and fresh mashed potatoes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday was a Luby’s frozen fish fillet with fresh okra from my boss that I tossed with olive oil, basalmic vinegar, and seasoning and baked in the oven. I love okra!

I also love okra, and grow it every year. I have never tried it your way. If you don't mind, what oven temp and for how long? Thanks!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I cook them at 415 for about 20 minutes, then flip them over, and cook for about another 20 minutes or done to likeness. My wife likes them cooked a little more then I did in this picture.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No doubt I've never had decently prepared okra. It's always been slimy mushy soft yuk.
Mike your baked version, perhaps a tad crispy too, might make me a convert.

USN (RET), COTEP #192