SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Fuck the RINOs who opposed Paxton. I am SO glad he is our AG.

https://twitter.com/KenPaxtonT...twcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lyin' Biden: Speaker Johnson Debunks 'Need' To Pass Ukraine-Israel Funds Before Securing Border

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...unds-securing-border

House Speaker Mike Johnson has dispelled President Joe Biden's absolute lie that Congress needs to act to pass a $110 billion aid package which would include money for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan - a bill, mind you, that would still allow as many as 150,000 illegal crossings per month, or 1.8 million per year, before any of the proposed border shutdown authorities would be triggered.

"President Biden falsely claimed yesterday he needs Congress to pass a new law to allow him to close the southern border, but he knows that is untrue," said Johnson.

"As I explained to him in a letter late last year, and have specifically reiterated to him on multiple occasions since, he can and must take executive action immediately to reverse the catastrophe he has created."

Recall that Biden signed three executive orders on day one of his presidency which reversed significant border protections put into place by former President Trump, and made it clear to migrants worldwide that the door was now open.

President Trump, meanwhile, is circling on this like a shark - telling a crowd on Saturday in Las Vegas "When I'm President, instead of trying to send Texas a restraining order, I will send them REINFORCEMENTS!"

David Sacks breaks things down perfectly (via X):

WHAT’S REALLY HAPPENING IN WASHINGTON

Neocons had a problem. The big Spring-Summer Counteroffensive, which was supposed to kick the Russians out of Ukraine, was a miserable failure. Even TIME Magazine was reporting that Zelensky is delusional, the Ukrainians are running out of soldiers, and Ukrainian officials are stealing like there’s no tomorrow.

House Republicans, fearing their base, began to have cold feet about throwing more money down this bottomless pit. So Biden and the Neocons came up with a plan: package Ukraine aid with border security. Each side would get want it wants.

But Senate RINOs couldn’t help themselves — they turned the border security provisions into an amnesty bill.

Meanwhile Biden picked a fight with Texas over what little remains of our border security, reminding Republicans that he can’t be trusted to faithfully execute the law. So now the deal has fallen apart.

So what is the Administration to do? There’s only ever one answer for that: blame Trump. Supposedly he is responsible for Ukraine losing the war AND the southern border being overrun. In reality, Biden and his handlers have nobody to blame but themselves for both policies.

Shakespeare put it best: “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.”

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I dig the new picture on the forum’s landing page (not sure what the correct term is homepage, landing page, ?).

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing several posts on TwitterX with videos that Texas has fortified the hell out of Eagle Pass, but the rest remains open. I really hope this isn't all for show

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3628 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't get the sense that Governor Abbott is grandstanding. He seems resolute. I think the man is just like us in that he has had enough of this game being played by the Biden administration.

https://twitter.com/WallStreet.../1751305267231555979

Posts: 109260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I also don't believe Governor Abbott is grandstanding, too many illegals draining state and municipal tax dollars, along with the drug and human trafficking, which in turn feeds the crime issues with rival dope dealers shooting each other up, along with innocent bystanders.

You notice who has been very quiet in the last week? The mayors of New York and Chicago. What was the Dave Chappelle line about the famous French Actor Juicy? Supporting through their silence.

Posts: 4071 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I talked to a guy at work the other day, touched on the border. He made the comment, ‘the border has been messed up for 30-40 years, they need to work together to fix it’? I thought WTF?? He’s spouting a Kamala talking point.

Acted like he had no clue of the numbers with Trump, as the lefties fought him all the way.

Posts: 6435 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House unveils articles of impeachment against DHS chief Mayorkas as migrant surge rages on: ‘Utterly unfit’

https://nypost.com/2024/01/28/...nt-against-mayorkas/

House Republicans announced two articles of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Sunday, accusing him of failing to do his job by allowing thousands of asylum seekers to enter the country amid record-breaking illegal crossings.

The articles accuse Mayorkas of willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law and breach of public trust.

The House Homeland Security Committee is expected to approve the charges at a Tuesday hearing and House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) vowed Friday to hold a floor vote “as soon as possible.”

Mayorkas, 64, would be the second Cabinet secretary in US history to be impeached — and first since Secretary of War William Belknap in 1876.

The first article says Mayorkas chose not to enforce the law, specifically a requirement that asylum seekers who illegally cross the border “shall be detained” until there is a decision on their status — with release into the US interior only allowed on a case-by-case basis.

Mayorkas said this month that 85% of migrants who illegally enter the US are being released to await decisions. That figure is in addition to a separate program created last year that allows 30,000 asylum seekers per month from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela to enter the country through legal ports of entry to await case decisions.

The second article of impeachment accuses Mayorkas of lying to Congress about the border being “secure” and failing to comply with document requests.

Mayorkas, who served in high-ranking DHS positions during former President Barack Obama’s eight years in office, will face a Senate trial if he’s impeached by the House — casting an election-year spotlight on the border debate.

The embattled secretary’s department revealed late Friday that December set a fresh record for illegal crossings — with data showing 302,000 people were apprehended along the US-Mexico border that month.

House Homeland Security Chairman Mark Green (R-Tenn.) said that the data “serve as more undeniable proof that Secretary Mayorkas must be impeached.”

“This secretary is utterly unfit for the office he holds,” Green said.

More at link

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5928 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Interesting video showing some of the back story for these areas that Texas is fortifying:

Posts: 4071 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
A wall doesn't mean stay out, it means enter through the proper gate.

Posts: 5928 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKiOe45T6ys

posted Hide Post
Our Open Border Policy Is Not an Accident

There’s a new strategy in town: If American voters don’t like what you are offering, import better voters.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...-policy-not-accident

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Joint letter sent to Biden and Mayorkas signed by 25 state Attorney Generals.

https://www.texasattorneygener...t%20and%20Paxton.pdf

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
God bless Texas.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Here's a silly stupid idea, but I bet you a million bucks it would solve the problem. Here me out.

*We build a small fence, say 12' high.

*We tell CBP that their job is border protection. We create a new government agency for dealing with children without parents from foreign countries.

*We hire 2x specifically border protection agents (zero other functions).

*We give every agent a 16' pole; a less lethal option; and a M4 (obviously a decent side arm too).

*We space them however far apart the increased budget allows.

*We put signs on the other side that spell out they will use pole first, then less lethal option, then whatever authorized as last option.

*If they make over and are detained they will get put on other side and directed to a legal point of entry.

85% after first poke and fall will leave the border to attempt later. After a few tumbles off the other side of the fence or the CS/Stun munitions will get 99% to rethink it. Hopefully the remaining few will decide to fight it in the court of law vs lawman.

Seems super cheap and efficient to me, especially since half of a greater wall is already there and would require less manpower.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Actually, I like the idea of a harmless but painful electric shock on the Mexico side of the wall. Multiple raised contact strips that will shock if two or more are touched. A simple but excellent deterrent.

Another option might be nozzles that spray the horrible smelling concoction Israel uses to disperse protesters. Movable nozzles and cameras to alert the agents; hell, even get AI involved to do the monitoring. If they come within 10 feet of the wall, nozzles start spraying.

And of course, warning signs in English only- we’re not savages Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15863 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Put out enough free shit, and naturally people will flock to it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post