SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Smith isn’t red pilled. He’s right about his concerns but not happy he is.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29871 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm proud of Stephen for perhaps seeing the light! In addition to those LEGAL migrants living here and U.S.-born homeless, however, Smith needed to include Military Veterans in his list of those that need help in this country before ANY illegal sunuvabitch gets ONE PENNY.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^. The list is a LOT, LOT longer than that for causes I want to spend my money on before spending it on illegal immigrants.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20997 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34276 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With sustained, national attention now on the border we provide the latest updates along with documents from the United Nations that put the current crisis in perspective.

https://rumble.com/v4cg4ax-beh...ith+Del+Bigtree&ep=2

Posts: 12923 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gaslight Supreme: Mayorkas Says "We Don't Bear Responsibility" For Border Crisis

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...bility-border-crisis

On Sunday, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas had the audacity to claim that the Biden administration doesn't bear responsibility for the border crisis, despite, among other things:

Terminating the National Emergency at the Southwest border
Revoking a Trump-era Executive Order that was designed to ensure there was meaningful enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.
Issuing an executive order protecting DACA recipients
Unveiling the U.S. Citizenship Act, which would provide amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the U.S., demonstrating intent to reward illegal border crossers with a path to citizenship.
Announcing a 100-day moratorium on deportations and immigration enforcement, effectively providing amnesty to criminal and other removable aliens
(It's a really long list...)

And since Biden was sworn in as president in January 2021, there have been at least 7 million encounters near the southern border, while the government deals with a backlog of more than 3 million asylum cases in US courts.

Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press," Mayorkas claimed: "It certainly is a crisis. And, well, we don’t bear responsibility for a broken system, and we’re doing a tremendous amount within the system. But fundamentally, Congress is the only one who can fix it."

And of course, zero pushback from the 'journalist' sitting across from him.

So the narrative is: Biden inherited a broken border from Trump.

How much gaslighting can a country take before even Democrats call bullshit?

More at link

https://twitter.com/KimWexlerM.../1755004675407970565

Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Democrats will never call bullshit. They are absolutely incapable of thinking about anything but grabbing and maintaining power.

Posts: 1263 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been posted or not.

Denver Cuts Back Citizen Services to Fund Migrants

I lived in Denver (Highlands Ranch) for 25 years. I loved Colorado. I am so disappointed in what it has become. I'm at the point where I'm thinking about where to retire, and sadly, Colorado is not on the list.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3325 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gaslight Supreme: Mayorkas Says "We Don't Bear Responsibility" For Border Crisis

Of course not, they found the people responsible, and they were in cahoots with the evil orange guy.

Mayor Mike Johnston pinned the blame on Republicans and former President Trump Friday while announcing $5 million in cuts from recreation centers, DMV services and city landscaping to pay for the migrant crisis.

It amazes me that all of the border problems are stemming for the evil Republicans and Orange Man Bad in the last few weeks. Nope there was never a crisis until the Republicans wanted to negotiate the codifying of opening the borders.

There's you video evidence of Biden opening the border on what was that? Day two of his administration?

If I was running for office I would make a How it started... How it's going meme ad video. Start with 20 seconds of him signing those executive orders, then 10 seconds of current border conditions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20997 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RG3UREFNE

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course not, they found the people responsible, and they were in cahoots with the evil orange guy.

This is, of course, ridiculous beyond the pale, but on X, all the “influencer's” are spouting this and other nonsense to try and discredit Trump (with the appropriate echo chamber replies that CONFIRM this doncha’ know! These traitors are getting desperate to pin this somewhere, ANYWHERE but where it factually belongs. At the feet of the senile old fuck and his handlers. It is absurd.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15735 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press," Mayorkas claimed: "It certainly is a crisis. And, well, we don’t bear responsibility for a broken system, and we’re doing a tremendous amount within the system. But fundamentally, Congress is the only one who can fix it."

Mayorkas defines the position of apparatchik

Posts: 14937 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Those comments, executive orders, and the talk when Brandon came in should be in the media daily today. His handlers & lawyers wasted no time drafting the orders to open the border.

For the low information populace, they should be reminded daily.

Posts: 6289 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Mayorkas is one of those people I’d piss on if he were on fire, but I’d make sure not to extinguish any of the flames.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This just keeps getting worse

https://x.com/wallstreetsilv/s...086438939037776?s=46

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1756086438939037776" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 954px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Bring back memories of the Mariel Boatlift of 1980?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8291 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Republicans impeach Alejandro Mayorkas over the border after failing to last week

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...as-border-rcna138474

The vote was 214-213, with three Republicans again opposing the impeachment. Mayorkas is now just the second Cabinet secretary in U.S. history to be impeached — and the first in nearly 150 years.

"From his first day in office, Secretary Mayorkas has willfully and consistently refused to comply with federal immigration laws, fueling the worst border catastrophe in American history," Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., said in a statement. "He has undermined public trust through multiple false statements to Congress, obstructed lawful oversight of the Department of Homeland Security, and violated his oath of office."

"Since this Secretary refuses to do the job that the Senate confirmed him to do, the House must act," Johnson continued.

More at link

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ Obviously DOA to Senate, but hopefully it will bring more awareness to his and the administration's willful disregard and attempts to circumvent Federal law in order to open the borders.

Some person sitting there struggling needing just the smallest of a helping hand seeing that effort go to someone who entered the country illegally has got to feel the pain of the current administration's border policies. They must be angry, probably really angry. Also the people who know the people getting skipped over for help probably vote and are equally angry.

I hate our welfare state, but if we are going to have one it MUST be limited to citizens and legal immigrants.

I hope at some point people say, hey what the hell is actually going on here? We can't sustain this influx, please do whatever is necessary to stop it now. Those people may just vote Trump 2024, but also Republican party in general out of desperation.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I fully support him getting impeached, he’s certifiable on the border issue.

One potential negative is this, the border rates the worst with Biden. It’s his lowest point with people on both sides. He acts like it takes Congress, when he dismantled any protections with executive orders the first days.

Knowing it’s a big negative for him, will Biden try to make Myorkis the fall guy for the border troubles? This is as he was just doing the bidding of Brandon’s handlers.

If Myorkis is gone, another of his ilk will take his place. Any border changes now would be just to get through the election.

Posts: 6289 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Republicans impeach Alejandro Mayorkas over the border after failing to last week

Mayorkas is a fucking traitor in the true sense. He needs to see true justice, sever punishment in the immigration laws he has broken.

And many thanks to Majorie Taylor Greene for being the most outspoken critic of this asshole, she was very instrumental in shining a light on this scumbag.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16986 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Never forget this line they keep feeding us:

"Diversity is our strength"

Meanwhile...the scum of the earth continues to flood into our Republic:

National Guard urged to check migrants arriving in NYC for ‘Tren de Aragua’ tattoos as gang’s numbers grow stateside

quote:

...New York State National Guard troops are being told to check all migrants arriving in the Big Apple for distinctive tattoos linking them to the vicious Venezuelan “Tren de Aragua” street gang, The Post has learned.

The decree comes as the NYPD this week issued a “Situational Awareness Alert” warning that the brutal gang is increasingly making its presence known in the five boroughs — with members claiming asylum at the US border and flocking to New York to join other gangbangers.

“It’s to a point that they had to post policies on use of force like if we were in a combat zone,” one National Guard source told The Post on Wednesday.

According to the NYPD alert, “Tren de Aragua” — Spanish for Aragua Train, a shout-out to the gang’s origins as a railroad labor union in Aragua, Venezuela — is growing in numbers in the Big Apple and now firmly on the police radar.

“Tren de Aragua’s newly established presence in New York City may incite further gang-related violence — including stabbings, assaults and robberies — raising public safety concerns,” the alert said.

Posts: 34276 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post