SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Biden Admin Finally Releases December's Record-Breaking Border Numbers

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...der-numbers-n2634258

In another blatant attempt to avoid notice or accountability for its border crisis, the Biden administration finally released border numbers for December 2023 at 4:56 p.m. on the final Friday of January. As Townhall had previously reported based on information given to Fox News, the number set a new record for the number of illegal immigrants streaming into the U.S. to answer the invitation created by President Biden's open-border policies.

According to the greatly delayed number from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) the administration clearly hopes no one will cover from Friday's news dump, 302,034 illegal immigrants were encountered by border agents along the southwest border — the largest monthly number ever recorded.

Nationwide, CBP agents encountered a total of 371,036 illegal immigrants.

Among those, according to CBP, were 19 individuals whose identities were listed on terror watchlists. That means that, since October, there have been 50 illegal immigrants on terrorist watch lists encountered by border agents. These numbers, notably, do not account for the continuing-to-surge number of known "got-aways" who are spotted escaping into the U.S. interior.

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^
Link?

https://twitter.com/BPUnion/st.../1750942606274797850

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Border Patrol Turns on Joe Biden, Proclaims Support for Texas National Guard

Is there going to be a major confrontation on the border following Joe Biden's ultimatum that Texas National Guard forces be removed from Shelby Park and other "disputed" areas? Not if the rank-and-file of the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol have anything to say about it.

According to a new post put out by the Border Patrol Union, and a new report from Griff Jenkins of Fox News, Biden has lost operational control of the situation, at least in a practical sense.

The Biden administration had initially warned Texas that it had until mid-day Friday to relinquish control of Shelby Park, the nearby boat dock, and the International Bridge. That deadline has now come and gone, and instead of there being a major clash between the Border Patrol and the state-controlled soldiers on site, it appears those on the ground have already de-escalated the situation.

The Border Patrol Union ends by slamming Biden for creating the current "catastrophe" and reiterating that there will be no conflict between CBP agents and state forces. The statement is a clear signal of support for the Texas National Guard, its mission, and those leading it, including Gov. Greg Abbott.

Furthering the division between the Border Patrol and the White House was a senior CBP official who said they have no plans to follow through on removing the razor wire put up by Texas. Biden has completely lost whatever leverage he had.

This is an incredible turn of events. I don't know if "mutiny" is the right word here, but clearly, Biden has no way to enforce his threats at this point. Border Patrol agents are not going to go along with it and short of using the Insurrection Act to mobilize the U.S. Army (and they likely wouldn't act either), this represents a major roadblock to the president's attempts to further destroy the Southern border.

We are in uncharted territory right now, and I'm certainly thankful cooler heads have prevailed, at least at this point. Will this force Biden's hand toward some kind of renewal of enforcement of immigration laws? Surely, with his bluff having been called by his own law enforcement officials, he has to try a different approach. Never underestimate the propensity of Washington politicians to keep making the wrong decisions, though.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2...ional-guard-n2169256

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Biden always has the FBI on his side.

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nobody wants to be the bad guy, and this is very much in our favor, and not only for the obvious reasons, but because it will separate the wheat from the chaff, and everyone will be able to see the evil.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The stasi, I mean FBI does not have the manpower to deal with this situation even if they weren’t already spread far and wide conducting various and sundry investigations.

I completely agree that the US military aren’t about to attack fellow servicemen in the NG, or the CBP for that matter. Biden (his handlers actually) has stepped on his/their dicks big time. It is a beautiful thing! Any rumors of the military imposing martial law is a leftist pipe dream as well- checkmate, assholes.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15781 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's just as I've pointed out previously: there are far more of us than there are of them. The power of the government arises from the consent of the governed, and when enough people have had enough, it's gonna be Katy, bar the door.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the DEI hires in the FBI or any other Fed agency going to Texas to cut and remove razor wire.......the next day headlines would be 40 agents hospitalized due to several cuts and lacerations.

Posts: 4051 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whatcha gonna do now, you doddering old fuck? Oh, I forgot- you're not running the show. You're not even in the same room as the people who are running the show. Be that as it may, your bumbling bullshit administration has got a genuine problem on its hands.
quote:
Texas Gov. Abbott confirms they are prepared if Biden federalizes the National Guard.

He told Tucker Carlson that if Biden federalizes Texas’ National Guard, he has other armed law enforcement personnel standing guard on the border.

He also confirms that other reinforcements are coming from other states.
https://twitter.com/LeadingRep.../1751065869738742011

Do I believe this brewing confrontation will end in shooting? I do not, but I do believe this incident is a clear indication that, eventually, matters will come to a head.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Should they try, Texas citizens would absolutely come un-fucking-glued. We will never, ever, allow another Waco-esque federal assault on our citizens. It would not turn out well...for anyone.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know the FBI is a great boogeyman, but a few things actually get in the way of that-

-the FBI does not have the resources to compete with Texas.
-and federal juries and grand juries in Texas are much different than those in blue states. FBI agents don’t sneeze without the permission of the local AUSA. And jury and grand jury pools differ greatly from any given blue state to places like Texas. Despite the constant fear mongering, the feds are restrained by the AUSA refusing to take cases knowing they’ll never win at trial. The local defense attorneys know it too.

IE- the FBI going down there from other field offices will largely be a toothless show of force that will impress no one. For the last 18 months, DOJ and Homeland have been sending agents from all agencies to the border. The ones I have talked to say it’s a complete and total shit show. And they have been under tight restrictions not to act like cops.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
And they have been under tight restrictions not to act like cops.

So they are going in undercover to gather intel or aid the illegals? Where have I seen/heard of this tactic before?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What a fucking mess.

It's the duty of the federal government to protect the border. They have failed to do so, the states themselves are protecting their borders yet the federal government wants to stop them.

What type of fantasy, Mickey Mouse world are we living in???

I bet if San Francisco, Chicago or NYC were on the southern border, that border would be more secure than the DMZ between North and South Korea. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13281 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ if the migrants were conservative and behaved as such, that border would be shut tight

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/disclosetv...ight-america-not-gun

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I really don’t get this tough guy bit with Biden
running his fat mouth about the F-15’s, his handlers must have told him to keep repeating that line.

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Biden is a Clown! He has ALWAYS been a Clown! He is surrounded by Clowns! It's gonna be 'Clown World' until he's evicted from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Biden is starting to get desperate now, almost begging. He's screwed and he knows it. LOL

OT, but I'd love the optics of a couple dozen mounted Texas Rangers facing the border patrol waiting to be allowed access.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Notice that Bidet has "vowed" to shut down the border AFTER the bill in congress is approved.....of course, he didn't say which border; Canadian Border? Ukrainian Border? Taco Bell Drive Thru?

Posts: 4051 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
We know what he meant, but why should it take that bill? He's playing politics during a very dangerous time. Or...somebody is...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post