SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Delete your temporary internet files...

Thanks, it worked!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Alright...SigForum has joined the fray. Awesome.

I just saw there are now 24 states that are backing Texas in all of this. Missouri is one of them. Cool

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas needs to declare the wire as a public art project. No immigration issue

Posts: 1454 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Tell the world that the open border identifies as a closed one and the woke mob might leave it alone or even fight for it. Seriously though, the leftist world is truly becoming unhinged at the thought of America wanting a secure, safe border. They are all over X screaming how Trump is responsible. How is a guy that hasn’t been president for well over 3 years responsible for the border nightmare? I am beginning to think the platform is slipping- almost all my feeds are left wing and are filled with people spreading this lie, among many others.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15781 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://abc7chicago.com/chicag...s-housing/14360686/#

Here’s a building owner in Chicago opening up a vacant building(or more) to illegals. I think it just started, so something to watch, not sure if Gov’t $$ is involved.

He has up to 15 residential buildings, paying the costs himself now.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How terribly good of him. He could have made the same offer to homeless vets.

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joy Reid Says Securing The Border Is Like Segregation In The 1960s

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...er-segregation-1960s

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
-
Well, today is the day Joe, when you threatened Texas with action.

https://twitter.com/BrowningMa...sistance-day-1102%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!!! "Or else what"?????

FJB
LGB

If THIS isn't the pure definition of a State exercising its STATE'S RIGHTS when the Federal Government absolutely FAILS it, I don't know what is. JSMFH.......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I see Concertina wire available on Amazon…410 feet for 116 bucks….I have half a mind to order and send it to that park they’re in Big Grin

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarl.../1750943686567834008

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
-
Well, today is the day Joe, when you threatened Texas with action.

A comment from the Twitter video linked by oddball:

"I guess this is what you call a Mexican standoff" Big Grin

Posts: 2856 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
The border patrol union just stated they will not interfere with the NG following their lawful orders.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Link?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Biden can try to nationalize the Texas National Guard, but I'm sure they won't obey.

Then what? Declare that Texas is in rebellion and the Governor and the Texas National Guard are "insurrectionists"? Sure, the commie media will love that.

Then what? I'm pretty sure the federal government knows who is in the Texas National Guard, so a Trudeau-esque declaration of national emergency? Freezing of their bank accounts and assets to get them to obey?

That will backfire on Biden and turn even more people against him.

Posts: 4908 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
That will backfire on Biden and turn even more people against him.
Problem is: Creepy Uncle Joe and his handlers have dug themselves into a hole. They kept pushing and pushing and pushing a clearly irrational policy (one of many), not believing somebody would finally stand up and say "Enough!"

Well, Texas did. (And God Bless Texas!)

If Biden & handlers back down they'll be shown to be toothless. This will, naturally, inspire others to follow Texas' example. Enough of that and, before long, their entire agenda is destroyed.

For that reason they might feel they cannot stop digging.

User BrowningMachine (TEXIT now!) wrote, on X "Are they nuts enough to walk into that PR meat-grinder?"

Question is: Can they not walk into it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Biden has walked himself into a position, where the only step he has left, is to step on his dick.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Up your ass, Uncle Sam. You look like a Goddamned fool right now, thanks to Droolin' Joe and his fucked-up "Just-Us" Department.

Feds Back Down, Won’t Remove Razor Wire at Border

Border Patrol has "no plans" to remove razor wire placed by Texas along the southern border, a senior Customs and Border Protection (CBP) official told Fox News on Friday, stressing a "strong" relationship with Texas despite an ongoing legal battle between the state and the administration.

"While this issue plays out in the courts, the relationship between Border Patrol, Texas DPS [Department of Public Safety], & TMD [Texas Military Dept.] remains strong," the official said. "Our focus is and will always be the mission of protecting this country and its people. On the ground, we continue to work alongside these valuable partners in that endeavor."

"Bottom line: Border Patrol has no plans to remove infrastructure (c-wire) placed by Texas along the border. Our posture remains the same. If we need to access an area for emergency response, we will do so. When that happens, we will coordinate with Texas DPS & TMD"

The state is currently locked in a multi-pronged legal fight with the federal government over the security of the Texas-Mexico border. The federal government has threatened legal action over Texas’ recent seizure of Shelby Park near Eagle Pass, while lawsuits are ongoing over the administration’s cutting of razor wire set up by Texas and the establishment of buoys in the Rio Grande. Texas has declared that it has a right to "self-defense" against what it says is a migrant "invasion."

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/TheBabylon.../1750992273381142860

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
...they'll be shown to be toothless.
In my NOT so humble opinion, ensigmatic, I'd say 80% of the country already knows Pedo Joe and his handlers are toothless.

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
A comment from the Twitter video linked by oddball:

"I guess this is what you call a Mexican standoff" Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post