SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border Crisis Overflows Shelters in Detroit, Activists Call on Residents to Take Illegals Into Their Homes Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if I got an email like that, I'd respond

sure, I'll take your criminal alien into my house

it will cost you $8000 a day, minimum 10 days paid in advance

now, lets see how much the city wants it

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
if I got an email like that, I'd respond

sure, I'll take your criminal alien into my house

it will cost you $8000 a day, minimum 10 days paid in advance

now, lets see how much the city wants it

Additionally, any illegal immigrant in my home would need to meet the following criteria:

1) LiveScan and full financial background checks - you know, I wanna make sure they won't take advantage of my generosity.
2) A completion of a 8-week class on the US Constitution. Two college-level courses from Hillsdale College in US History.
3) Drug testing and must remain sober of all vices.
4) Rent will be on 150% of the going retail rate on apartments in my neighborhood.
5) First and last months rent as a deposit.
6) Curfew from 10pm to 6am.
7) Your car or motorcycle can't leak oil.
8) 5 hours of free skilled labor toward the maintenance and beautification of my property.

I'll come up with a few more, but this is good for now.

Then I may entertain the idea.

P229

Posts: 3942 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken pox at a shelter near Boston, another sanctuary city. Who knew...

Chickenpox cases reported at Melnea Cass Recreation Complex overflow shelter site

Story by Chris Van Buskirk, Boston Herald • 1d

Six people staying at a shelter site in Roxbury housing migrants have contracted chickenpox since it opened at the end of January, though state officials said there is “no current outbreak” of the disease.

A case has not been identified at the Melnea Cass Recreation Complex shelter since March 1, according to a spokesperson for the Executive of Health and Human Services. The spokesperson did not say when the six infections occurred, where the people first contracted the disease, or the ages of those infected...

Complete article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...ter-site/ar-BB1jMEyn

Posts: 16001 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Back under Obama's (official) tenure, we were flying around illegals after dark. Unaccompanied minors who didn't speak any English and with no possessions.

At that time there were several mysterious outbreaks of diseases which had previously been eradicated or were extremely rare in the USA.

Posts: 9709 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Six people staying at a shelter site in Roxbury housing migrants have contracted chickenpox since it opened at the end of January, though state officials said there is “no current outbreak” of the disease.

Chickenpox is highly contagious; if they believe these 6 are the only ones, they are out of their minds. This is exactly how outbreaks occur.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15781 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
measles outbreak at a 'migrant' center in Chicago right now. The mayor said they are also vulnerable to disease that was already here.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
South American Gangs Target Mansions As Biden's Border Crisis Spreads Chaos

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...crisis-spreads-chaos

The Biden administration's disastrous open southern border policies have sparked a catastrophic wave of violent crime committed by illegal immigrants. This comes amid the ten million migrants that have invaded the nation, alongside recent calls from radical progressive lawmakers across crime-ridden metro areas to defund the police and limit criminal prosecution. As a result, many law-abiding Americans express growing concern about insecurity amid a new era of explosive crime and chaos.

Let's begin with a series of news headlines that show Chilean crime gangs have been on a nationwide burglary spree, targeting wealthy neighborhoods from coast to coast:

NBC7 San Diego: "Chilean break-in crew is back, and burglaries are on the rise in La Jolla"

Fox 2 Detroit: "High-end Michigan burglaries tied to Chilean crime ring, prompts police task force"

NBC 10 Philadelphia: "Another Chilean man arrested as Montco targeted by 'South American Theft Groups'"

ABC 7 Los Angeles: "OC judge throws out plea deal in case involving alleged Chilean burglary ring"

NBC 12 Scottsdale: "'These are professionals': Latest arrests in East Valley burglary cases tied to Chilean crime ring"

Oklahoma News 4: "Million-dollar OKC homes burglarized, possibly connected to Chilean crime ring"

ZeroHedge: "South American Gangs Target Dozens Of Mansions In Detroit"

AP News: "3 Chilean nationals accused of burglarizing high-end Michigan homes"

Vanity Fair: "Thieves in the Night: A Vast Burglary Ring From Chile Has Been Targeting Wealthy U.S. Households"

More at link

Posts: 13010 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk

There is either a red wave this November or America is doomed.

Imagine four more years of this getting worse …
9:59 PM · Mar 15, 2024
·
2.3M
Views

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/s.../1768819343628947703

[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for someone to call me and offer the opportunity to shelter an illegal family.

Answer will still be NO!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38187 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That Mew Yorker complaining lady might be learning. Maybe.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court rules Texas can enforce law allowing police to arrest migrants

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that Texas could enforce an immigration law that would allow local officials to arrest migrants suspected of entering the U.S. illegally.

That means the law can go into effect as litigation occurs in lower courts, according to CNN.

The law in question is Senate Bill 4 and it allows police to arrest migrants who illegally cross the border and give judges authority to deport them back to Mexico.

Texas GOP Gov. Greg Abbott signed the legislation earlier this year, but it was blocked by a federal judge last month.

"HUGE WIN: Texas has defeated the Biden Administration’s and ACLU’s emergency motions at the Supreme Court. Our immigration law, SB 4, is now in effect. As always, it’s my honor to defend Texas and its sovereignty, and to lead us to victory in court," Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton wrote on the social media platform, X.

The three liberal justices dissented with Justice Sotomayor writing that the law would "upend the longstanding federal-state balance of power and sow chaos," according to NBC News.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Freaking excellent.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Oustanding.

I wonder if this ruling gives latitude to conservative jurisdictions in Arizona, even New Mexico, to start arresting invaders and deporting them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
That Mew Yorker complaining lady might be learning. Maybe.

YEP!
It's all well and good until they piss on YOUR door!

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeeee Hawwww!

Effin' GREAT news!!!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What is interesting to me is that the "open border" is not a stalwart of the Dem platform. It was really a response to "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and an 'appeasement' of the far left that was brought in by AOC and those idiots. Nancy thought this would be good to make Orange man look bad and now she has doomed us unless they fix this crap.

IF the DEMS realize that their 'base' no longer wants open borders and wants this shit cleaned up then it will happen, and fast. Just look at California when the Chinese came to visit.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3651 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

What is interesting to me is that the "open border" is not a stalwart of the Dem platform.

That's news to me and a whole lot of other people here. Dems have made it clear for years they think borders are racist and "unfair".

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I think there's confusion between the terms dems and leftists. As many have pointed out here, Clinton and Obama made speeches about securing the border...assuming they really meant it (I think Clinton did). Certainly the leftists are all for open borders. Nowadays, as PASig says, dems have become leftist...or at least are doing a damn good job pretending to be.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

What is interesting to me is that the "open border" is not a stalwart of the Dem platform.

That's news to me and a whole lot of other people here. Dems have made it clear for years they think borders are racist and "unfair".
To add, the Demonrats view the illegal immigrants as undocumented voters. They want to give them citizenship with the thought that they'll always buy more votes by being more generous with taxpayer dollars than the Republicans.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Supreme Court rules Texas can enforce law allowing police to arrest migrants

That's a shame. Razz

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post